(2) Pokemon Origins, Sylveon Collection [9/26]

inb4PeopleWhineAboutHowShortItIs

This is going to be so exciting. Rushing through the main plot. Kind of glad this is going to be fairly short because it gives it a lot of potential to make a nice impact in such a short time.

Ew...that Fairy texture is just plain ugly. It's so dark, especially by the border! I feel like a lighter shade of pink would've been much more fitting. It doesn't even look like they tried to make it fit in with the other blanks. I mean, I don't know what I expected after seeing the dark shades on Fairy Energy, but still...

Then again, the BW textures are all much darker/deeper shades than earlier cards (I mean: compare this to this, this to this, or this to this), so I should definitely have seen this coming. Guess I can just go ahead and make Neo-era Fairy cards with the lighter color pink I was planning on using...

Only 4 episodes? Oh well I was hoping for something around 6 .
Cannot see the Sylveon card but it has no abillity that is all we can tell by now I guess

CMP said:
Ew...that Fairy texture is just plain ugly. It's so dark! I feel like a lighter shade of pink would've been much more fitting. I mean, I don't know what I expected after seeing the Fairy Energy, but still...

Then again, the BW textures are all much darker/deeper shades than earlier cards, so I should definitely have seen this coming. Guess I can just go ahead and make Neo-era Fairy cards with the lighter color pink I was planning on using...

Pretty sure that sylveon might just have a special reverse foil.

trailer said " to those who played the very first pokemon game "

Then Brock should be topless . Since he didn't wear a shirt in pokemon Red and Blue . :p

Not a big fan of the card game but my brother loves it and loves Umbreon, he will probably ended up buying it.
About Origins, well i was expecting more than 4 episodes but its ok, looks like something I can enjoy, i mean Forward Into Dawn was barely 15 minutes each episode so an hour its good for me.

TokenDuelist said:
CMP said:
Ew...that Fairy texture is just plain ugly. It's so dark! I feel like a lighter shade of pink would've been much more fitting. I mean, I don't know what I expected after seeing the Fairy Energy, but still...

Then again, the BW textures are all much darker/deeper shades than earlier cards, so I should definitely have seen this coming. Guess I can just go ahead and make Neo-era Fairy cards with the lighter color pink I was planning on using...

Pretty sure that sylveon might just have a special reverse foil.

Usually in mock-ups, the effects aren't applied. And even if they were, they shouldn't darken an image that substantially. Additionally, if you look at the Energy card, the colors match.

The Fairy cards are going to be a dark pink.

Sylveon Collection is probably the first time I've ever been tempted to say "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" for one of these box releases.

Usually the really short series are only in Manga format, so I'm glad they made it into an Animé. Besides, I thought it was only going to be a 20-minuet special, like most of them are.

So, am I the only one that noticed the shot of Red and Charizard underwater? Shouldn't Charizard, like, die or something from being submerged in water?

I like the hot pink/magenta color of the card, very sexy. As for origins is not like I haven't seen the trailer before.

I've never been as excited about a Pokemon anime as I am about Origins. We get to see the rise of one of the greatest Pokemon masters that we all have experienced in game format. I'm so glad to see it come to life.

As for the length, 4 episodes really isn't very long, but at the same time, there shouldn't really be any filler content. If it is received well by fans, we may get to see something similar to Origins in the future, which is a fresh change-of-pace from just seeing Ash battle gym leaders and lose in the league.

Sir Taco said:
So, am I the only one that noticed the shot of Red and Charizard underwater? Shouldn't Charizard, like, die or something from being submerged in water?

It could be an imaginary scene or something like a dream, but even if it actually happens, most of the Pokedex entries make little to none sense/are exaggerated beyond everything (even for a world inhabited with monsters breathing fire, being living objects and manipulating time etc.) and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Buying the box. I'm trying to make an Eevee page with RH's in my binder and this will give me an Eevee page in one box. Plus I'm collecting all the fairy cards so :D

Too bad there are only four episodes of Pokémon Origins. I hope they will be longer than the regular anime episodes! The story itself still looks great and I'm looking forward to watching the series!

Back