(2) Platinum Game Freak Interview, Upcoming Episode Info [3/18]

RE: (1) Upcoming Episode Info [3/18]

d master342 said:
Clearly not. HD it will be in, methinks.

dmaster out.

Uh. No. Highly doubt that because TV Tokyo doesn't have a HD broadcast channel. You can't slap HD shows in between regular broadcasts on a digital service. It requires different technology. Did you even read what I said?

Yep. Don't care. If an official announcement says it will be broadcasted in something, that means it will probably happen, no matter how much "experience" you have halfway around the world. I've seen quite a few shows on Cartoon Network, saying "Now in HD".

dmaster out.

d master342 said:
Yep. Don't care. If an official announcement says it will be broadcasted in something, that means it will probably happen, no matter how much "experience" you have halfway around the world. I've seen quite a few shows on Cartoon Network, saying "Now in HD".

dmaster out.

And those HD shows are on a different. channel. We get the same stuff down here, and if you have the actual HD service on your plan, you can go watch it in HD. WOW AWESOME.

The official announcement says nothing about it going into actual HD. They talk about clean images from production and loosely refer to the change of aspect ratio on other sites but not HD. Again. Digital vs HD, there is a difference, it requires another channel.

I'll only eat my hat about it when I see TV Tokyo ADVERTISING an HD channel. They've got digital, that costs enough at the moment.

This was proven.
Even though your country, is apparently better than everywhere else, you can't deny facts.
I doubt WPM and Serebii would post something they thought wasn't true.

Yes, they are on a different channel, so you'll probably need a box that provides you with those HD channels, right? And the problem with that is...??? It's do-able anywhere, you don't live in the only country.

dmaster out.

d master342 said:
Yes, they are on a different channel, so you'll probably need a box that provides you with those HD channels, right? And the problem with that is...??? It's do-able anywhere, you don't live in the only country.

dmaster out.

You're missing the point.

Analog broadcasts on one channel. Digital on another. HD on ANOTHER one again. TV Tokyo only has two channels, analog and digital. You already use a digital tuner, or a set-top box to receive digital signal. I said before, I'll say it again, HD and digital can't co-exist on the same channel. Not only do a lot of TVs NOT support HD broadcasting (we're talking older ones here, CRTs or 4:3 only TV's), but your digital set-top box seldom will handle it either unless you have a more recent one. And again, the broadcaster has to show it on ANOTHER channel entirely, not just the standard digital channel.

Just because the show is going to widescreen which is supported on a standard digital broadcast not solely an HD one doesn't automatically equal OMG HD POKEMON!

And drop the country bull, I only used mine as an example because yeah, we have been doing it a lot longer.

Well, I can't take any of your country "bull", because I don't live there, for one, and so, I really don't care and don't want to.

I'm pretty sure it'll be in HD, we can only watch and see.

dmaster out.

Come on guys, just forget that Viper.Fox is still wrong and let's get back on topic.

I'm really hoping Brock gets Snover.

Could the press release be wrong? I can't stand standard after wide screen.

OK, this is not just in Japan, everywhere. I don't live in Japan, but Viper.Fox is right. What he is saying is that TV Tokyo does not have an HD channel, and if they don't, there is no physically possible way they can broadcast high-definition. Why do you worship the translated press release and not listen to some common sense?

I already fixed the article (changed HD to digital). I actually knew about the digital thing since it was explained to me twice by people, but for some reason I wrote HD instead... I'd call it a blond moment if I were blond. :p

Hm... I like these points:

"Junichi Masuda: In Diamond and Pearl you have Dialga and Palkia. In Platinum you have Giratina. There are three legendary Pokemon and there's a relationship between the three. From there we have a story to move onto with other legendary Pokemon, but at this point that's all I can share."

"JM: The reason why we put things like IVs and EVs into the game is because we wanted to give players that are really into Pokemon battles much more to work with and much more to enjoy. We have a team that's dedicated to constantly enhancing and evolving the battle system. They have so many ideas and such a willingness to enhance the game. They're always thinking of ways to make battles more interesting. One example from this generation is that they separated moves into physical attacks and special attacks, which adds more versatility and strategy to both offense and defense. They always listen to player feedback and they battle a lot themselves. This team is the reason why Pokemon has such a rich battle system that's always evolving."

Also, Ken Sugimori loves to talk about Pokémon a lot? Aughhhhhh! I must meet him some day!

viper.fox said:
I really highly doubt that we'll see cartoons broadcast in HD in at least the next 5 years simply because in Digital they're at the highest quality offered unless we're looking at CG.

Plenty of anime are currently being produced and broadcast in HD/HV, Gundam 00 is an example of this.

RaichuGuardian said:
Why do you worship the translated press release and not listen to some common sense?

I don't worship anything, least of all the news. I just go by what I think. Common sense I could care less about, especially on this forum.

As for the interview, it sounds a lot like all the other interviews the've conducted. IGN, NP, etc. I do find the Bridge part fascinating though.

dmaster out.

Now I may just be a newbie, but I've been watching Pokemon ever since it started. I believe that when they talk about the "secret of Snover" I think it's Uxie, the legendary guardian of Lake Acuity. We know that such Pokemon as Mew and Ditto have the ability to disguise themselves as other Pokemon using the move Transform. What makes the Lake Pokemon any different I mean they look like Mew and according to the lore behind Pokemon, they were created before Mew and after Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. The main characters are also near Snowpoint City at this time in Japan, so it's entirely possible that Snover may in fact by Uxie or one of the other Lake Pokemon using Transform.

Back