(2) Platinum Game Freak Interview, Upcoming Episode Info [3/18]

RE: (1) Upcoming Episode Info [3/18]

Isn't it obvious? Maybe she changes it for a limited time because....

Candice! Snover! They are in freezing areas! Or, it really is a change....

It still wont make sense though how could Dawn make her legs stay warm in the cold parts. -_-

Ho-Oh_Master said:
It still wont make sense though how could Dawn make her legs stay warm in the cold parts. -_-

Her coat must magically be able to push heat downwards, therefore making her legs warm in the frozen north.

If Piplup gets an Everstone, does that mean it's not going to evolve for the time being? I'm OK with that - I guess the animators think Piplup is just too cute to lose to evolution! ;)

It's probably the Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden of Piplup.

Well, interesting changes... Though, unfortunately, I'm not a giant anime fan. xP

I laughed when you said "Now we can watch sub-par animation in blazing quality!" - that was perfect. xD

Hey WPM, just filling you in on a typo. You forgot the first "r" in Heerosferret. You wrote "Heeosferret".

Brock was next to Snover. So I think that Snover is going to be Brock's, or it could even be Team Rocket's!

Aw, Piplup isn't evolving? I would like to see a Prinplup/Empoleon, but I can still see why the creators would want to keep Dawn's Piplup a Piplup.

Anyway, I wonder what that Snover is up to.....?

I think it's cool that Pokemon will be in HD and widescreen. I hope that they'll keep it like this when it airs on Cartoon Network!
I hope that Dawn's outfit change isn't permanent. I don't like the Platinum outfit.

Snover's not completely out of place. Ash can't get Snover, and Dawn has Swinub. I'm thinking Brock will probably get it.They will be with Candice in the snow. Piplup never evolving? That ruined the show. I really hope she would get an Empoleon sometime. It's too good to pass up. I hope Dawn gets her original clothing back. The snow coat is too low.

dmaster out.

Awesome. I wonder if these episodes have something to do with the 12th movie. The could be a prelude in some way but that is just my theory.:)

xxashxx said:
Awesome. I wonder if these episodes have something to do with the 12th movie. The could be a prelude in some way but that is just my theory.:)

Snover wasn't on the movie poster, so either nobody will catch it, or the movie will happen before these events.

I had a feeling they might make Dawn wear her Platinum outfit.

1) To showcase Platinum
2) They're going to Snowpoint City

I happen to like Dawn's Platinum outift. Yet, her snow coat is like her mini-skirt....short.

Oh, yeah, in Widescreen HD. Not a matter to me, because I don't get Cartoon Network in my HD plan for some reason. The show's not worth it to watch in HD regardless. This should've happened once the D/P episodes started airing anyway.

dmaster out.

Yo WPM, you might want to change the 'high-definition' part as it's not broadcast in that. There are three broadcast types when it comes to television:

Analog: This is what Pokemon broadcasts in on standard TV Tokyo. The aspect ratio is 4:3.

Digital: This is what Pokemon broadcasts on Channel 7 TV Tokyo, the networks digital channel which has been in broadcast for about a year or more but only now very heavily advertised on normal TV Tokyo. Most shows are presented in 16:9 if the TV can handle it, otherwise it scales back to 4:3 depending on your digital receiver.

High Definition: Pokemon is not. broadcast. in. this. High Definition Channels cost a lot of money to run, all shows are in 16:9 with Dolby Digital surround sound. HD offers basically HD DVD or BluRay quality over a TV broadcast. It's mainly live-show based channels that have HD options. Not to mention most HD channels are on a cable service and have to be paid for.

I think I'd know, given Australia is about 5+ years ahead with TV broadcasts in terms of quality and moving to digital compared to Japan and the US especially. I really highly doubt that we'll see cartoons broadcast in HD in at least the next 5 years simply because in Digital they're at the highest quality offered unless we're looking at CG.

I don't get Cartoon Network in HD, either. Does HD even make a big difference with cartoons?
I still think that it'll be cool to have the show in widescreen. :D

viper.fox said:
Yo WPM, you might want to change the 'high-definition' part as it's not broadcast in that. There are three broadcast types when it comes to television:

Analog: This is what Pokemon broadcasts in on standard TV Tokyo. The aspect ratio is 4:3.

Digital: This is what Pokemon broadcasts on Channel 7 TV Tokyo, the networks digital channel which has been in broadcast for about a year or more but only now very heavily advertised on normal TV Tokyo. Most shows are presented in 16:9 if the TV can handle it, otherwise it scales back to 4:3 depending on your digital receiver.

High Definition: Pokemon is not. broadcast. in. this. High Definition Channels cost a lot of money to run, all shows are in 16:9 with Dolby Digital surround sound. HD offers basically HD DVD or BluRay quality over a TV broadcast. It's mainly live-show based channels that have HD options. Not to mention most HD channels are on a cable service and have to be paid for.

I think I'd know, given Australia is about 5+ years ahead with TV broadcasts in terms of quality and moving to digital compared to Japan and the US especially. I really highly doubt that we'll see cartoons broadcast in HD in at least the next 5 years simply because in Digital they're at the highest quality offered unless we're looking at CG.

Water Pokemon Master said:
This follows an announcement made yesterday by TV Tokyo that Pokemon will begin airing in high definition. (Now we can watch sub-par animation in blazing quality!)

Clearly not. HD it will be in, methinks.

dmaster out.

Back