(2) New Shiny LEGEND Promos, HS - Unleashed Set List, Scans Later [4/28]

Wow, this set is quite bland. Jirachi has some perks.....Blastoise is gimmicky....Primes.....and trainers/supporters that we will crutch on after rotation. Nothing really affecting the format much.

I'm excited for this pack. So far, I like the legend sets. I'm also excited for Lost Link to come to the U.S, but that is a different topic. I want to get the Legend cards in this set just for the artwork. The shiny cards are cool, but I wouldn't use them in a deck, I would just get them for my collection.

As my name implies, I am pretty new to this, and all of the cards that I have are from HG/SS, and everyone I play against is the same way, so bear with me if my idea sounds really dumb, but I think if you were able to have Ampharos as your active, and have Lanturn Prime and Roserade on your bench, you could use Acceleration Bolt to load up lots of energy on Roserade, and then once Ampharos gets KO'ed, put in Lanturn Prime, and then if he gets knocked out switch to Roserade. I realize that this could be very difficult to pull off, but they could do some serious damage. Feel free to tell me why this wouldn't work with your guys crazy terms like "Metagame" and "1-1" and "attack" :D

Well, the Unleashed Setlist was revealed, but I'm really dissapointed about it. Where is Legend Box? Great, this means one thing. Entei and Raikou Legend won't really be played at all that's for sure, so now we are in for yet another few months of unplayable legend cards.

Also, Vileplume is sadly not in the set list. Well, what a shame. That card could really help in our current metagame right now, but the fact it isn't in our next set is really sad; yet, at the same time, this means many decks we thought would be no longer be played because of Vileplume will continue to thrive.

Man, HS Unleashed is a real dissapointing set. Save for the Kingdra Prime, Lantern Prime, Rare Candy, and Plus Power, the rest of the set is just not really satisfying. Unleashed will indeed bring no major changes to our metagame, other than Kingdra Prime being played in Kingdra decks.

As for the promos? Well, they aren't too satisfying either. The only thing I really like about them is their artwork and that's just about it. Otherwise, they all really can't do much. Ho-oh and Lugia use too much energies, and the Legendary Beasts don't have the best attacks; however, the Legendary Beasts do have nice Poke-bodies.

All we got was some crutch trainers and supporters for next format... and that's it. On a side note, NO VILEPLUME!!! * weeps *

Xous said:
:0 The shining Pokémon cards are awesome. Shining Raikou must be going crazy over the... Well, shining Raikou. xP It's too bad they'll be so rare, though. (And I'm always 50/50 on whether bringing them over to an English Promo/Rare is a good thing or not, so I've got nothing to say on that.)

You know it! X_X *insert keyboard smashing*

These cards are freaking amazing! <333

The cards look amazing, but unfortunately the only one worth playing is probably Suicune, 3 energy for 20 to each, not too bad, but the other dogs have some problems, also 3 energy, but I don't wanna do a measly 70 damage and 20 to another of mine, (if it was 20 to an opponent's benched, that'd be nice) or discarding the top 3 cards of my deck..painful. That Lugia astounds me....5 energy for 80? LOL

Oh wait, that's 3 water and a DCE....that's much better, by turn 4 you can attack ;) At least it has the worst weakness in the game...wait, that's bad too. For that matter, so does Suicune.

Off to post my dismal opinion of Unleashed now...hope I get some rare cards! :D

Do you really think Leafeon will be in POP10 ? (When does POP10 reveal ?)
I really like the five Shinies, especially the Ho-Oh <3 ^-^

LeafiaMidori said:
Do you really think Leafeon will be in POP10 ? (When does POP10 reveal ?)
I really like the five Shinies, especially the Ho-Oh <3 ^-^
Never? Unless I am mistaken they are no longer going to produce POP promos.

So is there anyway for people outside of Japan to send stuff to the Pokemon Company and get a chance to receive the Shiny legendaries? I mean I know the sets in the US aren't "LEGEND" but I could order two Japanese booster packs offline or something, right? Does anybody think that would count?

Back