(2) New Legendary in Victini Movie, Legendary Pokemon Renamed Mythical? [2/10]

I like the sound of Mythical Pokemon. ^.^
Instead of calling them legendaries, we can call them mythicals.
And I saw someone say that mythical means that it doesn't exist outside of a myth,
mythical means that it is told is myths. :)

All the pokemon like mew, celebi, jirachi, shaymin, manaphy etc. are mythical. I will NOT call a lugia or hooh mythical, or how about my mythical kyogre or groundon? Such a bad idea.

I really wonder the thought process behind changing the Legendary name to something sillier (and stupider for that matter). I mean, we're all so used to it. What could it really accomplish? I don't like it, it seems really pointless and makes me want to rage.

dmaster out.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious what they mean by Mythical. It's just saying that you can't find these Pokémon normally through the game, and you need events/giveaways for them. The reason Arceus, Victini, and Celebi are all referred as Mythical is just that. All other Pokémon that are legendary, like the mentioned Zekrom and Reshiram are availible through regular play, which is why they aren't Mythical. The List Goes:

Mythical:
Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Melotta, Genosect

Legendary:
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Ho-oh, Lugia, Latias, Latios, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Landorus, Kyurem.

Manaphy is tough to decide whether it is Mythical or not, i'll leave that up to you guys to decide. Please consiter this post, I think it is very relevant.

So much rage, so little information.

1. Go to pokemonblackwhite.com

2. Go to "Pokemon."

Reshi and Zek are still "legendary Pokemon."

The other Pokemon are called mythical Pokemon because they have a specific reason to be called that, you guys complain about everything.

im thinking that all poke you cant catch in game are mythical....it might be pretty obvious....but ya

I'll still call them Legendaries regardless, it's almost as bad as when Wizards of the Coast sued Konami and UDE in Yu-Gi-Oh! for using the card type "Magic Card" for their cards and changed it to "Spell Cards" to avoid confusion among Magic: The Gathering cards and Spell/Magic Cards in Yu-Gi-Oh!

Then again I think Blair32 might be onto something...

I don't care about what TPCi decides, I'll still treat those event pokémon as "legendary". And that goes for Arceus' pronounciation too. "Ar-kee-us"??? LOL... And then people criticize me for calling TPCi staff idiots...

@nikohesus: and you don't complain about anything!

I really do think that this new term is only going to apply to Event-Only Pokemon (aka, the Pokemon that do not count towards your filled National PokeDex...) I doubt it would apply to all legendaries since it's already been confirmed that Reshiram and Zekrom are still classified as Legendary.

@Metalizard I don't want to start anything with you, I'm only saying that posts that start raging about legendary -> mythical are ridiculous because this only applies to a certain number of Pokemon, don't bring this to a personal level.

wait....how do people really pronounce arceus....i always pronounced it ar-kee-us.... is it ar-see-us

We've been calling them legendary Pokemon for ages. In fact we've been calling them that for almost 15 years. So, why suddenly change it now and call them mythical? Is there some sort of science behind it? Is it some change we need to adapt to?

Of course not. People have been pronouncing names of Pokemon incorrectly for years, because they like their pronunciations (e.g. I say 'ray-KWAA-za' instead of 'ray-KWAY-za' because I believe it sounds cooler). TPCI is by no means some infallible standard. In fact, since B/W came around they've been revamping everything to screw with our minds.

In summation, TPCI's reasoning is invalid. Why change the name of something we're so used to? There's no good reason, so why conform? Besides, if we start calling them 'mythical', it's going to sound too much like Yugioh.

OH WAIT. The Pokemon TCG already went down that path!
It [Arceus] can be any way you want, considering it has different etymologies.
I choose to pronounce it based on the Japanese name. "Aruseusu" anglicizes to "ARR-see-us". Of course, I'm sure most of you are aware why the pronunciation of Arceus was "changed" when they translated it into English, right?

Notice how the only Pokémon referred to as "Mythical Pokémon" are Event Pokémon. If I remember correctly, aren't these Pokémon referred to by different names in Japan as well?

What a random change, so what Pokemon are Mythical? It sounds better than legendary, because Mystical Pokemon sounds less important than a legendary. Imagine hearing Pseudo-Mythical.

Keldeo? Not surprised, waiting until 2014(If we survive 2012) is a bit extreme, plus not doing them in dex order would be stupid anyway.

It has been proven it does not refer to all legendaries. However, it has not been proven "Mythicals" is even a valid term. As I said before, I believe that it is simply an adjective saying "there are many myths about them," which the event Pokemon you guys are describing, like Arceus(I like ar-KEE-us better BTW), do have the most myths about them. Outside of myths, the only person in-game to have witnessed these so called "Mythicals" is the player themself. Therefore, to everyone else in-game they are simply a myth. Same with Anime. Ash and all of his strange companions are the only people who encounter these Legends. I do not believe it's a term for event legendaries, just an adjective.

A guy with Monkey in his username(I'm to lazy to check) said:
Secondly, not all Pokemon will be Mythical Pokemon.
I believe that they will do this for the event exclusive Pokemon, meaning:
Mew
Celibi
Jirachi
Deoxys
Manaphy
Maybe Phione, but probably not
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Zorua
Zoroark
Keledo
Meloetta
Genesect
Zorua and Zoroark aren't Legendary Pokemon....

Back