(2) Genesect Trailer, Gotta Catch Em All [9/9]

ECHOxLegend said:
I agree he should sound older at least because he looks older, but that doesnt necissarily mean new voice actor and firing the old guy, I imagine you wouldn't be a very good voice actor if you could only do 1 single voice.

Agreed but just wanted to point out that Ash's voice actor is a 26 young-woman (well, she will be in 10 days) named Sarah Natochenny. xDD

That remix was atrocious. The site is probably nothing important either. I do find it interesting thou that they're bringing back Gotta Catch'em All. What? They haven't used that in yeeaaaars. I wonder why. Probably going to revive it as the marketing strategy for this game to get old fans interested.

I'm surprised no one had previously done anything with the domain gottacatchemall.com. It seems like such a good website to have some 3rd party Poke-site on. Or at least a good investment to cash in on later when Pokemon decided to use the domain name.

And I don't see the website being used for the Pokemon Bank because they would just use pokemonbank.com. An Anime site would make sense though, seeing as that's the only game aspect left that wouldn't have a dedicated site (they won't do a pokedex because they could just use pokedex.com).

Thinking about it now, they probably haven't used the slogan Gotta Catch'em All in years because since then, so many more Pokemon have come along. It isn't just the original 151 or even 251. They probably would have thought that the fans would think the slogan is crazy for even suggesting you to obtain all 649. Nowadays it really is a lot more of a challenge. Collecting all of the Pokemon in national dex order in my PC has always been something I did. I actually always wished that there would be some kind of certificate for collecting and keeping every single Pokemon. :p

Still, I think its somewhat of a bold move to be bringing the slogan back with the addition of another 100+ Pokemon. It could still just be an anime thing though.

Never been a fan of the slogan... it makes sense since these are games about hundreds of creatures that you can catch, but in the fictional world, there is no way that would make any sense unless you played a Rocket grunt or something LOL

Mitja said:
Never been a fan of the slogan... it makes sense since these are games about hundreds of creatures that you can catch, but in the fictional world, there is no way that would make any sense unless you played a Rocket grunt or something LOL

Please look at my sig. Thank you.

:cool:

Wow just watched both and on catchemall they clearly were trying too hard to be cool.This movie though i might actually see purely for the new mewto. (not the mega form but the fact a mewtwo is in it. I also like je-ne-sect. :3)

zappy800 said:
Mitja said:

Please look at my sig. Thank you.

:cool:

Wow just watched both and on catchemall they clearly were trying too hard to be cool.This movie though i might actually see purely for the new mewto. (not the mega form but the fact a mewtwo is in it. I also like je-ne-sect. :3)

Just looked at your signiture that would actually be pretty cool (minus the killing ash part)

Look slike I might be the only one that actually liked the gotta catch em all trailer however.

I Just got to the last few epsiodes of advancaed challange (series 7) so it was kind of interesting to me to see things I havent seen yet like others i suspect this is some way of bringing in some of the older players however.

I did wonder (but its wont happen) if this could be some sort of hint at a redo of the first series with the new animation techniques that they are using in the modern episodes. That could be pretty interesting to see but I imagine the closest that we will see is the new generations anime that has been announced (which I wont lie I am extremely stoked for it)

either way, more pokemon = great in myu book and I'm going to have to find some method of watching cartoon network that day since I want to see the new X & Y stuff as it airs if possible

DNA said:
"They're doing it again, DNA! The trailers for the next movie are out and they're pronouncing it Je-ne-sect!"
said my friend at league on Saturday.

...as if "Ark-ee-us" wasn't enough.

Edit: The movie title has "the Legend Awakened" in it.
That sounds similar to the set "Legends Awakened".
And Mewtwo LV.X was in that set...which means...

MEWTWO REMAKES CONFIRMED
...wait a sec...

I always pronounced Genesect's name that way anyway. It was the only pronounciation that really made sense and Arceus basically has three official pronounciations which is not as confusing as Genesect but still, Je-ne-sect sounds exactly what Genesect's name should be pronounced as. It does not make sense to say Gene-sect/Jene-sect.

While I always pronounced in Je-ne-sect, I always felt the Gene- in its name referred to it being a great hunter, meaning the Gene- wasn't the DNA gene, but rather it was referring to genocide.

Just a random thought.

Ohman177 said:
Genesect is supposed to be pronounced like genocide I'm pretty sure.

So. the same way as genesis cause it goes jen-uh-cide and jen-uh-sis.
Or ere you agreeing with me if so uhh sorry bout that. :D

zappy800 said:
Metalizard said:
The only thing I care about related to this movie is if we will get the Movie Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect events in the west or not...

Sadly we probably won't since we didn't get the shiny golurk and hydreigon.

But we did get V-create Victini and the Movie Zekrom and Reshiram who were the main stars of the movie. Golurk and Hydreigon were bonuses for the japanese. In this case, Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect are the main stars too so it doesn't make much sense if they don't do the events here... specially Mewtwo which I still think might unlock something in XY (probably its Mega Stone)...

Metalizard said:
zappy800 said:
Sadly we probably won't since we didn't get the shiny golurk and hydreigon.

But we did get V-create Victini and the Movie Zekrom and Reshiram who were the main stars of the movie. Golurk and Hydreigon were bonuses for the japanese. In this case, Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect are the main stars too so it doesn't make much sense if they don't do the events here... specially Mewtwo which I still think might unlock something in XY (probably its Mega Stone)...

Decent point. Also which mega mewtwo?

I'm anxious to see if Ash actually remembers mewtwo from 13- er 1 year ago.
Sounds like he does
"Mewtwo...?"

Mitja said:

Thinking about this now, you'd have to be hysterically insane to want to catch all 700+ Pokemon in real life. Probably some freak animal hoarder. The sad thing is, I know there'd be people that would do it lol.

(I totally probably wouldnt be one of them.)

zappy800 said:
Ohman177 said:
Genesect is supposed to be pronounced like genocide I'm pretty sure.

So. the same way as genesis cause it goes jen-uh-cide and jen-uh-sis.
Or ere you agreeing with me if so uhh sorry bout that. :D

Genocide. Genesis. Genesect. All the same.

So uh, this weird GottaCatchEmAll.com thing might be happening soon. @Pokrmon tweeted this out a couple days ago:

@Pokemon said:
Heads up, Trainers! We've got a surprise for you! Tune in Monday at 8 a.m. PDT for a special announcement!

Seeing as a. this account is for TPCi and b. this announcement wasn't teased anywhere else, it feels like it's going to be some sort of TPCi-ey announcement... but special. HMMMMMMMM.

Chariblaze said:
So uh, this weird GottaCatchEmAll.com thing might be happening soon. @Pokrmon tweeted this out a couple days ago:

@Pokemon said:
Heads up, Trainers! We've got a surprise for you! Tune in Monday at 8 a.m. PDT for a special announcement!

Seeing as a. this account is for TPCi and b. this announcement wasn't teased anywhere else, it feels like it's going to be some sort of TPCi-ey announcement... but special. HMMMMMMMM.

It was shown on Facebook so it was teased somewhere else.

0/10 poopy announcement. We should have guessed it was just going to be for gottacatchemall.com after that weird video fiasco.

Back