(2) Galactic's Conquest News, Pokemon Platinum Coverage Continuing

Jigglypuff13

I really need to change this
Skuntank G + Toxicroak G is already a bit of a combo, but it's just a bit of a shame that Toxicroak G doesn't do more damage, otherwise it might actually work well. To be honest, none of the Galactic Pokémon are that great apart from 2 small exceptions on 2 cards. First, Dialga G and Pierce, which is a nice disruptive attack, automatically stopping Trainers and Stadiums. Kabutops (MD) is probably better since it isn't an attacks and does a bit more than 10 damage, but still, it's a nice option. Dialga Lv.X G is the best card of the lot so far thanks to it's Poké-Body only. Seriously, we will be needing a good way of stopping Poké-Bodies since Lati-Lock is rotated. Doesn't stop Galactic Poké-Bodies, but still... Remove Lost is a nice attack as well, being what is likely to be the ultimate form of Energy denial.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Uhh...is it just me, or is Platinum going to be FREAKING UBER?!

For the sets, I love the Galactic thing, but I hate most of the artwork. Purugly's done, as well as Skuntank.

EeveeLover

EeveeLover from the 'Gym
Error on the following:

Purugly G LV.40 - Steel - HP90
Basic Pokemon (SP)

Shows as a Colorless Pokemon.

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
About Platinum...Yes! We can Re-battle the Gym Leaders! I also like the Trainer's Club in Buck's house...More Trainers, More Battles, Rotom Formes...So much cool new stuff!

Also, I like what I'm seeing of the Galactic's Conquest cards so far. The art of the second Giratina card is awesome.

I'm really liking the Dialga G Lv.X...

RunningWithScizors

Aspiring Trainer
Platinum may be the best Pokemon game yet, and I'm not exaggerating. The main plot is unusually deep for a Pokemon game, and there are so many things to do post-game, it's sure to occupy me until the next generation of games come out! Being able to re-battle the Gym Leaders is a long-awaited feature.

As for the Team Galactic set, I do believe Dialga G Lvl. X will see a fair amount of play.

InuMimi

Psychic Pokemon Master
the artwork on the cards are amazing. i really like the second Giratina Card's art and the Dialga G Lv. X.
ha, the birds can be caught in Sinnoh? that's awesome. Maybe they did that so the locating map on your Poketch has more use.

TCC Co-Founder

Bzzz...you just got magnetized
Awesome! Do we have any ruling yet if you can Level-up a poke from a Pokemon G?

I also like the artwork, but the way some of the G pokemon look right at you makes it feel a little...strange.:D

ditto_rules

Rouge Master
I wonder if you can use a 2-2 Dialga Lv. X line and a 2-2 Dialga G Lv. X Line? I believe that the previous rulings on team names is that they are treated as different Pokémon. I hope that Pokemon makes the same ruling. If they do, that would be a sweet combo! Also they have awesome artwork. Please Pokemon USA, put Pokemon G in Stormfront.

Draekfist

I pwn noobz
Oh my God I can't believe they are going to make those broken galactic pokemon. Skuntank with Toxicroak is nearly unfair. And Togekiss + candy + Gyarados Start = total redonkulous start.

can't wait for this set

charchar

...battle roads for the lose peoples....
remove lost for dialga lvl.x,

it is right now
[M][C][C][C]
should be
[M][M][C][C]

Ardi-Yarne

Previously Kaitou Cooro
Platinum just gets better and better as I read this. Can't wait to get it.

Galactic's Conquest looks wonderful. Really awesome art.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The legendary birds are in Platinum after the E4? That is so cool. This is going to be so awesome. Man I can't wait now.:)

Khalddrogo

Aspiring Trainer
Wow , Platinum is going to be the best game since G/S/C.
Maybe even better! :D

for TGC, you guys missed the best part of the set , All SP pokemon are basic (just look at them.)

uchihasasuke

Uchiha Sasuke
Thanks for all the hard work on the spoilers! I wonder if there will be more Galactic pokemon cards like in the Team Aqua vs Team Magma set. Does Pokemon with G count as pokemon of a different name like Magma/Aqua pokemon or not?