(2) Galactic's Conquest News, Pokemon Platinum Coverage Continuing

NewKidOnTheBlock

Aspiring Trainer
why does it feel like SP's may be over powered? You have evo's played as basics and they have some pretty strong effects. What is the draw back to them?

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I think it will be the best since Emerald since it is partialy taken from that game. Emerald was an awesome game and it still is but when Platinum comes out it will be the best since Emerald. It is sort of a half Emerald/half D/P game. Basically what they have done was combine the games by seeting it in Sinnoh but with the extras of Emerald and some new and old Pokemon too. This is going to hit big like Emerald did and it will hit BIGGER than D/P sales and will boost sales probably by another $500,000 or $1,000,000. I would not be surprised if it brakes the D/P sales of 1 million in 5 days like D/P did. WPM do you have comfirmation of Dive being used in the game like you could in Emerald or is it not in the game? Are there comfimations of the underground being on WFC or is that just DS to DS like it is already in D/P?:)

DeepBlue Squirtle

I liek Squirtle
NewKidOnTheBlock said:
why does it feel like SP's may be over powered? You have evo's played as basics and they have some pretty strong effects. What is the draw back to them?

The Pokemon SP all have x2 weaknesses.

Khalddrogo

Aspiring Trainer
xxashxx said:
I think it will be the best since Emerald since it is partialy taken from that game. Emerald was an awesome game and it still is but when Platinum comes out it will be the best since Emerald. It is sort of a half Emerald/half D/P game. Basically what they have done was combine the games by seeting it in Sinnoh but with the extras of Emerald and some new and old Pokemon too. This is going to hit big like Emerald did and it will hit BIGGER than D/P sales and will boost sales probably by another $500,000 or $1,000,000. I would not be surprised if it brakes the D/P sales of 1 million in 5 days like D/P did. WPM do you have comfirmation of Dive being used in the game like you could in Emerald or is it not in the game? Are there comfimations of the underground being on WFC or is that just DS to DS like it is already in D/P?:)

No it does not have WiFi (The underground) , it was confirmed some where.

I don't think you can use dive ,as there is nothing to dive to. (It was replaced with rock climb I think)

Yakkov

Shiny Hunter, Event Collector, and Breeder
About Plantinum, did you know you could watch online battles. Its pretty cool.

xxashxx said:

When I get that point in the game, I will comfirm that, or WPM will.

DocRobot_K-176

Red Raging Rampage
The addition of the Move Tutors are awesome, since it makes Shining Pokémon that you get through chaining more useful. Nice to see the punches, Sucker Punch, Ominous Wind, Signal Beam, Icy Wind, Zen Headbutt, Synthesis, Iron Head, Earth Power, and Heat Wave as attacks. But why can't they have Flare Blitz so that Flareon can finally be useful?

Speaking of chaining, it would be interesting to see if the mechanics are still the same, and if there are any different Pokémon that can be found with the Poké Radar.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Lion king said:
xxashxx said:

I don't think you can use dive ,as there is nothing to dive to. (It was replaced with rock climb I think)

Yakkov said:

xxashxx said:

When I get that point in the game, I will comfirm that, or WPM will. I have the rom for my M3DS.

Oh ok thanks.

Lion King I know it is not in D.P but I was wondering if it returned in Platinum since there is more water and there is also move tutord for that attack in Platinum. I know about the underground in D/P but I have heard that it is supposed to be Wi-Fi and I have heard that it is not Wi-Fi now. That is why I was asking because now I don't know what's what now because it is all comming in to the news still.:)

Yakkov

xxashxx said:
Lion king said:
xxashxx said:

Yakkov said:

xxashxx said:

When I get that point in the game, I will comfirm that, or WPM will.

Oh ok thanks.

Lion King I know it is not in D.P but I was wondering if it returned in Platinum since there is more water and there is also move tutord for that attack in Platinum. I know about the underground in D/P but I have heard that it is supposed to be Wi-Fi and I have heard that it is not Wi-Fi now. That is why I was asking because now I don't know what's what now because it is all comming in to the news still.:)

Nah, there is no diving whatsoever in Plantinum. The move is there, but not the ability. Unlike the Honen region, Shinou is mostly land. So as Lion King pointed out, dive is not usable. I have been playing Plantinum, and I have not seen any dark spots for diving, but I may be wrong. But I have about a 90% idea that dive is not used like in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

zorro3

Aspiring Trainer
I think that the Toxicroak kinda sucks, but u could use it with the Skuntank and it would work. The Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are really awesome!
(P.S Does anybody know the translations for Snorlax Lv. X?)
Zorro3
(Giratina Rocks!)

Fridge

Indie 'Choo's just too cool.
Question:

If Rotom's new formes, Shaymin Sky forme, and giratina origin forme revert back t their normal forme in the union room, wifi club, etc, does that mean that these pokemon are unusuable in battle? Can you not battel anyone else using these pokemon?

Yakkov

gallade01 said:
yes you can battle with the new forms between platinum

Sadly Gallade01 is right. Only Plantinum games can battle between each other to see the sprites, well the new ones at least.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Yakkov said:
xxashxx said:
Lion king said:
xxashxx said:

Yakkov said:

xxashxx said:

When I get that point in the game, I will comfirm that, or WPM will. I have the rom for my M3DS.

Oh ok thanks.

Nah, there is no diving whatsoever in Plantinum. The move is there, but not the ability. Unlike the Honen region, Shinou is mostly land. So as Lion King pointed out, dive is not usable. I have been playing Plantinum, and I have not seen any dark spots for diving, but I may be wrong. But I have about a 90% idea that dive is not used like in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

I was it would be because of the battle frontier coming back and because it has partial Emerald things in the game. That is why I was wondering. Thank you though.:)

Khalddrogo

Aspiring Trainer
xxashxx said:
Lion king said:
xxashxx said:

Yakkov said:

xxashxx said:

Oh ok thanks.

I said there wasn't in platinum , I never mentioned D/P in that response.(the underground wifi thing)