(2) Galactic's Conquest News, Pokemon Platinum Coverage Continuing

Hmmmm, well I have to say that this Platnium news is amazing. I love the ability to re-battle the Gym Leaders and the E4. It seems that there's enough changes from D/P to make this game much better. Although there are a lot of similarities with the Gyms and some story aspects. I saw the Rotom forms, and they're awesome. :D I skimmed most of the news, but it seems that Handsome, Cynthia, and Cyrus play much bigger roles, and I like that.

The cards look amazing, but they just seem like avarage cards to me. I like the G sign on them, instead of Galactic. Wherever there is a Gyarados card, I must follow, even though it isn't the best card ever. :eek:

dmaster out.

Setosama said:
Does anybody have a link to what the Legendary Bird music sounds like?

It will probably be the one in FR/LG since they are Kanto Pokemon.:)

Lion King: Oh ok thanks anyway. I thought you were talking about D/P sorry.:)

d master342 said:
Hmmmm, well I have to say that this Platnium news is amazing. I love the ability to re-battle the Gym Leaders and the E4. It seems that there's enough changes from D/P to make this game much better. Although there are a lot of similarities with the Gyms and some story aspects. I saw the Rotom forms, and they're awesome. :D I skimmed most of the news, but it seems that Handsome, Cynthia, and Cyrus play much bigger roles, and I like that.

The cards look amazing, but they just seem like avarage cards to me. I like the G sign on them, instead of Galactic. Wherever there is a Gyarados card, I must follow, even though it isn't the best card ever. :eek:

dmaster out.

Yes, Handsome, Cynthia, and Cyrus do play bigger roles. I mean I got to the sixth gym, and now I have already encountered Cyrus four, or five times. Also I battled him quite early compared to what you do in Diamond, and Pearl. You always see Handsome, when there is Cyrus, or a Team Galatic Member. He is just random like that. Cynthia is there most often as well.

The story line as completely changed, and its quite cool. When I stated to play Plantinum, I expected the same things as Diamond, and Pearl. But everything is different now.

Just a note, the game room is so fun. I wish I understood Japanese, but its pretty cool to see what is in there. Not to mention that like thirty people jump drop right in front of you.

xxashxx said:
Setosama said:

Well, Junichi Masuda did say that there would be 2 reaccuring themes from past Pokemon Games that he wrote... We already have the Regi Music... Maybe the Kanto Bird Battle Theme is the other one...

But there is apparently Lillycove in the mix as well... And the Frontier Brain battle is like a remix of the one from Emerald...

On the front page, just a tiny tidbit from an unregistered user prior to;

"Obtaining Master Rank in all contests"

As part of the trainer card? In D/P, you actually only had to beat 1 Master Rank contest for the trainer star, so if that is unchanged, it'd only be 1 [but man, that really bugged me. Especially with how easy the contests are now >_>]

And I have to say, at first I was very underwhelmed by the Platinum news. And I guess I'm a little disappointed in a few things; firstly, that Hearthome is now the 3rd gym instead of the 5th. I liked D/Ps less linear gym setup. Also, the no new sprites for non-4th gen/Sinnoh Dex Pokémon bothers me too, as the spriting style for the ones that DID get new sprites are completely different.

Now, I don't think the new sprites themselves are better [or even worse!], I really like them, they're cool because they just seem more... animated, if you know what I mean. Infernape, Magmortar and Darkrai are the best examples I can use, but I also like Lucarios new pose. But why do they INSIST on making Chatot angry and not adorable? I'll never understand.

The additions to the Sinnoh Dex are great, ESPECIALLY for Flint's Elite Four team, because now he has a team fit for a FIRE ELITE FOUR MEMBER. Not this Lopunny/Steelix/Drifblim [even though I love Drifblim] crap. I really like that Magmortar is his main dude now, in the same vein as I like Volkners gaining Electivire as a main [and then, of course, their double battle is AWESOME]

Although I'm not a huge fan of the Rotom forms, I really liked the translated journal entry from Pluto about Rotom. I really like the small story tidbits in the game. In that same thought, the Torn World story bits sound mega epic too. Cyrus is a true badass.

I wish there were more Battle Frontier facilities, though.

BUT MOVE TUTORS OH MAN. Easy elemental punches, plus Ancient Power/Ominous Wind [I can't wait to find out who learns those], Dive-post powerup, AQUA TAIL, Zen Headbutt... there's a lot of sweet moves coming out of these move tutors.

Not to mention how imaginative the Gym Leaders teams get when you get to rebattle them.

Setosama said:
xxashxx said:
Setosama said:

Well, Junichi Masuda did say that there would be 2 reaccuring themes from past Pokemon Games that he wrote... We already have the Regi Music... Maybe the Kanto Bird Battle Theme is the other one...

But there is apparently Lillycove in the mix as well... And the Frontier Brain battle is like a remix of the one from Emerald...

I will most likely be the one from FR/LG.:)

im too lazy to see if someone asked this before :)D), so im asking: are the new forms (Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina) PBR compatible? have you tested this yet? im guessing not cuz its an older game and might not have any codes for them, but since the game says "DS Pokémon game" rather than "Pokémon Diamond or Pokémon Pearl" when dealing with transferring data., i figured it could transfer the sprite data and make the 3D models.

I can't wait till the set comes out. Isn't it just like a Gym set. The Dialga X is awesome and I'm so glad there's a Gyarados in that set. So many great Diamond and Pearl sets have came out. I wasn't too sure when DP base came out but after that, It was great! When is the set supposed to come out again? I forget if there was an expected release date on pokebeach. :)

luckyluigi7 said:
I can't wait till the set comes out. Isn't it just like a Gym set. The Dialga X is awesome and I'm so glad there's a Gyarados in that set. So many great Diamond and Pearl sets have came out. I wasn't too sure when DP base came out but after that, It was great! When is the set supposed to come out again? I forget if there was an expected release date on pokebeach. :)

I think it comes out around Halloween but I am not sure though because the colors are supposed to fit right in and so is the release date too.:)

Actually they are pretty bad because if you revert or switch they loose the attacks they got while in the form you switched from. For example. If you have the one that looks like a toaster and decide to revert back after you have leveled up to level 100 say. You will loose the attacks it got while in that form. If you decide to switch to another form then I don't think you can ger any other moves but I am not sure. Thumbs down to these guys. They are pretty bad if you ask me. Also you can only have one form at a time no matter how many Rottom Pokemon you have. That is bad.:)

Yeah, can anyone get the artwork out of that Dialga Lv.X? I mean separate it??? I don't have a good program for that... if anyone ever does, please, please PM me it.

Back