(2) Famitsu Pokemon Platinum Scans, Gamestop Deoxys Moveset and Held Item [6/11]

RE: (1) Gamestop Deoxys Moveset and Held Item [6/11]

What's with the NeverMeltIce? Some kind of movie reference or something?

this is going to be awesome, because this will be my first deoxys,i acctually got.my other events were from my friends :(.

its cool that the moves are for each of the different forms.

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
What's with the NeverMeltIce? Some kind of movie reference or something?

*shrugs*

Deoxys regenerates in the ocean under a layer of ice in the movie, but that's kind of a stretch for the item explanation.

Why does it hold NeverMeltIce? I don't see a connection...

just as I thought.

This is the exact same deoxys that was given out to those who pre-ordered the 10th movie tickets last year in Japan.

Pretty nice we're getting more promo pokemon now.

Why Gamestop??? I unstand an Event at TRU: You go to get Manaphy. Get Manaphy. Walk out of the store...what's that!? I must buy it! TRU just made like $10. At Gamestop, it more involves: Get Deoxys. Wow, it would be cool if I had a PSP...to bad I only have $25 on my pocket...:(

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against it. But why would Gamestop do an Event?

Um, because Pokémon is a game...

I'm much happier with Gamestop doing it thatn Toys 'r' Us anyway.

The Gamestop Deoxys saves the whole switching forms thing, to get those moves. I think it will be cool. I'm glad it's Gamestop this time, not Toys Я Us. We have a Gamestop about 10 minutes away, but the closest Toys Я Us is 2 hours away. I think I'm going to go. When Mew came out we went all the way to Toys Я Us. Having Pokemon Ranger, I didn't get Manaphy.

I like the moveset, but the Nevermeltice is just weird.

NevermeltIce is supposed to be reference to Antartica or the place where Deoxys first arrived and where he is was discovered.

It would be quite obvious why they would choose Gamestop over TRU. Gamestop is #1 Game-distributor in the U.S. or the world.
Probably to get more people to play the game and make more money.

I don't know if anyone noticed but they are all wearing warmer, winter clothes. Maybe climate change will be part of the story?

NESFAN001 said:
I don't know if anyone noticed but they are all wearing warmer, winter clothes. Maybe climate change will be part of the story?

...did you even READ the story?

shadowbulba said:
Why the hell is the Deoxys holding a Nevermeltice?

*sigh* It's a reference to movie 7. Deoxys was first seen by Professor Lund and his team in a frozen area (Antartica of the Pokemon world I've always assumed).

TCC Co-Founder said:
Why Gamestop?? I unstand an Event at TRU: You go to get Manaphy. Get Manaphy. Walk out of the store...what's that!? I must buy it! TRU just made like $10. At Gamestop, it more involves: Get Deoxys. Wow, it would be cool if I had a PSP...to bad I only have $25 on my pocket...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against it. But why would Gamestop do an Event?

Well, Pokemon is a video game, and GameStop is a video game retailer.

Also, GameStop is no stranger to Pokemon events. In the past they offered a shiny Zigzagoon (for patching the berry glitch) and many had stations set up for Jirachi downloads for those who never recieved the bonus disc themselves.

As soon as they reveal the stats for this new form, I'll write the analysis for it. We can be the first site with that up. I'm 99 percent sure they'll alter the stats, just as they did with Deoxys. Shaymin is not linked to Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, or Manaphy. All that I'm waiting to see is if it will be Uber or OU, which will be determined by us once we see the stats. ;D

Cool. I might be able to get Deoxys since it's at Gamestop.
If I do get it, it'll be the first time i've ever gotten a pokemon through a special event. :D
The moves look good, but the held item doesn't make much sense.

meowth14 said:
Cool. I might be able to get Deoxys since it's at Gamestop.
If I do get it, it'll be the first time I've ever gotten a pokemon through a special event. :D
The moves look good, but the held item doesn't make much sense.

masterryanx said:
*sigh* It's a reference to movie 7. Deoxys was first seen by Professor Lund and his team in a frozen area (Antartica of the Pokemon world I've always assumed).

Back