(2) Famitsu Pokemon Platinum Scans, Gamestop Deoxys Moveset and Held Item [6/11]

What I'm trying to say actually is that if Shaymin can be captured in Pokemon Platinum then it can be just as easily be anything else.

I really don't think Nintendo will let you catch Shaymin at all...
Shaymin is supposed to be as rare as Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy.

KSP11 said:
What I'm trying to say actually is that if Shaymin can be captured in Pokemon Platinum then it can be just as easily be anything else.

I really don't think Nintendo will let you catch Shaymin at all...
Shaymin is supposed to be as rare as Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy.

LOL, Manaphy isn't rare at all, neither is Jirachi for those lucky PAL region players....

...but seriously, there's still a rather small chance of them doing it, as KG said, it wouldn't make sense to advertise it then (unless they expected everyone to go to the event...)

burnpsy said:
LOL, Manaphy isn't rare at all, neither is Jirachi for those lucky PAL region players....

...but seriously, there's still a rather small chance of them doing it, as KG said, it wouldn't make sense to advertise it then (unless they expected everyone to go to the event...)

Rare enough not to be caught in-game huge difference.
Really what I meant persay.

masterryanx said:
Kevin Garrett said:
they have Regigigas's new forme in-game

Wait.. but Regigigas doesn't have a new forme as of yet.

Kevin Garrett said:
Eh, if that's the case, I'll just live with transfering a glitch Shaymin over to Platinum. :p

We should also get our Shaymin event before Platinum hits shelves. ;]
Regigigas will have a new forme, no?

I'm not sure if I'll get the Japanese or English version of the game. I'll wait until I see some more of the features.

Also, [to whoever mentioned this], Shaymin is not equal to Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy. It is more closely related to Darkrai and Deoxys.

Kevin Garrett said:
masterryanx said:
Kevin Garrett said:
they have Regigigas's new forme in-game

Wait.. but Regigigas doesn't have a new forme as of yet.

Kevin Garrett said:
Eh, if that's the case, I'll just live with transfering a glitch Shaymin over to Platinum. :p

We should also get our Shaymin event before Platinum hits shelves. ;]
Regigigas will have a new forme, no?

I'm not sure if I'll get the Japanese or English version of the game. I'll wait until I see some more of the features.

Also, [to whoever mentioned this], Shaymin is not equal to Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy. It is more closely related to Darkrai and Deoxys.

Yeah, I realized my mistake shortly after and edited my post. Regigigas is in fact confirmed to get a Sky Forme, we just have yet to see it. ;]

I wonder what's taking so long for it's revelation anyway?

How in the world is it closely-related to Darkrai?
I'm sure you'll get Regigigas Sky Forme and Giratina's Origin Forme.

However, I don't think you'll get Shaymin's Sky Forme.
If, it's closely related to Deoxys...then how come he was never caught in-game...in Emerald or FireRed or LeafGreen

Darkrai is the hero of the 10th movie just as Shaymin is the apparent hero of the 11th movie. Additionally, both of them are being released in the theatre for their respective movies.

Well, it shares several in-game traits with the other cute legendaries. For instance it only 1,059,860 exp. to reach level 100 like Mew and Celebi and also shares the "100 in every stat" thing that the other cute legends have. So, while you're right in a sence KG, I think it fits much better into the cute legend grouping, rather than being related more to Darkrai and Deoxys. It's still really a toss up though, no other cute legendary has had an alternate forme. =/

I'm looking at Shaymin in its new forme. We don't know it's stats and movepool. It's still cute, but it's bigger now. No doubt that the old forme should be categorized with Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy. ;]

Kevin Garrett said:
I'm looking at Shaymin in its new forme. We don't know it's stats and movepool. It's still cute, but it's bigger now. No doubt that the old forme should be categorized with Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy. ;]

I see, I was under the impression you meant Shaymin in general, not just it's Sky Forme. It'll be interesting to see which grouping Sky Forme itself end up in.

Kevin Garrett said:
From what I've heard, it is available in-game and it is part Flying-type.

Well, look at it this way: They have Giratina's new forme in-game, they have Regigigas's new forme in-game, why wouldn't they have Shaymin's new forme in-game? Darkrai isn't linked to the other two.
Wow, Shaymin may be the first of it's kind. It would be the first "cute" legendary in game! If it is part flying, that will be cool. I wonder how much stronger (if at all) it will be. I hope they make cards of Shaymin, Giratina, and Regigigas soon.

Hum, I wonder what the shinies for these Pokemon will look like. I wonder how much Shaymin, Giritna, and Regigigas will be in the story line.

Mercy said:
I hope they make cards of Shaymin, Giratina, and Regigigas soon.

It's already been done. Shaymin and Giratina are set to released with DP7 in Japan shortly. As for Regigigas, it already has a card alongside Heatran in DP5, and has a forthcoming release in the English DP6, Legends Awakened.

http://www.pokebeach.com/news/0608/...oyed-sky-card-translations-new-game-mechanics

And, for Regigigas:
Regigigas LV.48 - Colorless - HP100
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Body: Recover Mechanism
Whenever you attach Energy from your hand to this Pokemon, remove all Special Conditions from this Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Gigaton Punch: 60 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 20 damage and also does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4

regigigas.jpg

masterryanx said:
Mercy said:
I hope they make cards of Shaymin, Giratina, and Regigigas soon.

It's already been done. Shaymin and Giratina are set to released with DP7 in Japan shortly. As for Regigigas, it already has a card alongside Heatran in DP5, and has a forthcoming release in the English DP6, Legends Awakened.

http://www.pokebeach.com/news/0608/...oyed-sky-card-translations-new-game-mechanics

And, for Regigigas:
Regigigas LV.48 - Colorless - HP100
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Body: Recover Mechanism
Whenever you attach Energy from your hand to this Pokemon, remove all Special Conditions from this Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Gigaton Punch: 60 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 20 damage and also does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4
Yea, I'm sorry. I meant to put that I hope they make cards for there new formes.

~Sorry, Mercy

Mercy said:
Yea, I'm sorry. I meant to put that I hope they make cards for there new formes.

~Sorry, Mercy

Well, I'm willing to bet we'll either get Shaymin Sky Forme or Giratina's Origin Forme as a promo card for the movie, if they don't end up in DP6.

Has a promo card to been announced yet anyway? I know there's supposed to be a new promo set for sale, much like last year's though.

masterryanx said:
Mercy said:

~Sorry, Mercy

Well, I'm willing to bet we'll either get Shaymin Sky Forme or Giratina's Origin Forme as a promo card for the movie, if they don't end up in DP6.

Has a promo card to been announced yet anyway? I know there's supposed to be a new promo set for sale, much like last year's though.
Cool, I hope they come out as promos for the movie. I wonder if any of them will have more than two formes, like Deoxys.

Mercy said:
I wonder if any of them will have more than two formes, like Deoxys.

I doubt it, but you never know.

Recently, I was contemplating how forme Pokemon would be handled should Gold and Silver remakes come about. I doubt they'd be given completly new formes just for the GS games, so maybe there will be a way created to switch between the formes at will, like with Deoxys in Diamond and Pearl.

masterryanx said:
Mercy said:
I wonder if any of them will have more than two formes, like Deoxys.

I doubt it, but you never know.

Recently, I was contemplating how forme Pokemon would be handled should Gold and Silver remakes come about. I doubt they'd be given completly new formes for the GS games, so maybe there will be a way created to switch between the formes at will, like with Deoxys in Diamond and Pearl.
I didn't think about that. If they did make new formes just for Gold/Silver, they may have to do the same for Kanto. That's if they keep the ability to travel to Kanto after conquering Jhoto. I wonder how that would work. Of course they could cut out the Kanto thing and add a new area.

Back