(2) 'EX Battle Boost' leaks, ‘CoroCoro’ unleashes a torrent of new information [7/10]

P.DelSlayer said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Xerneas being fairy is very disapointing, not only because I dislike fairy types, but Grass/Fairy or Steel/Grass was the obvious choice here.

...How on earth would we know an obvious choice for typing when we knew next to nothing about the legendaries? If they're going for a good v evil theme, then Fairy, which I'm assuming is the 'good' counterpart to the dark type, then its easily the most obvious choice.
(altho I will give it to you that Xerneas could easily have been a Fairy/Grass)

plus fairies kill dragons so that makes them infinitely much more cooler than any other type

Steel- Xerneas has glowing metallic antlers
Grass- Xerneas has been pictured in forests multiple times (trailers, 3DS Covers, etc).

tbh I had Xerneas pinned for being part Psychic while Yveltal was Dark/Flying (which is your good vs evil archetype), but Fairy makes a heck of a lot more sense now.

Does someone else thinks that Maika and Karamero are Inkay and Malimar? On the pictures it seems like Maika can turn upside-down in battle.

We'll have to battle Doctor Octopus in a gym battle. lol

I didn't expect that Pangoro would have a lot of hair (I expected it to be moderate, a bit more than Pancham).

It seems that will have another new type. Food! The perfume pokemon is nice.

How to beat the evil team easily. Pick Froakie.

No guard is nice even though Levitate might have been better.

Garfieltwo said:
A lot of us may think the new fairy type pink bird Pokémon Shushuppu would evolve into a flamingo-like bird, but I think I found another bird that could be the inspiration for Shushupu's potential final evolution:

Kaalkopibis.jpg

The Northern bald ibis

Not only does Shushupu's beak look more like a northern bald ibis beak, the Japanese name of the Pokémon resembles the bird's call.

I'm thinking this wont be the case considering the fact that they seem to be going for the cute bird thing. My guess is that he'll evolve into a flamingo. Now I'm thinking i should get both games now that I've seen that both legendaries are awesome (IMO)! Note: How is malimar using hypnosis on pangoro?

Bald Ibises are cute though!

Oh I think that they'll keep with the hyper-cute theme because it displaces the rather terrifying concept of what it really is. Think about it: that's a plague mask, just like many plague doctors wore. Do you know what they used to keep in plague masks back in the 1500-1600s? Flowers. Because it was said that the perfume (Perfume Pokemon) would ward off the plague.

Add into this that it's ability is healer and it knows aromatherapy...

hyenabite said:
I like all the new pokemon designs but none I loved and I really wanted on my team. I was more interested in the professor battling the player part. I do like Xerneas and Yveltal's abilities a lot though I wonder if they only work while they are out or if it gives your whole team the buff.

Going along with this I wonder if we will have a whole new genre, if you will, of abilities. Different auras since last gen we got all the gems it would be interesting to see if they make an aura ability for all the types.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
Does someone else thinks that Maika and Karamero are Inkay and Malimar? On the pictures it seems like Maika can turn upside-down in battle.

It's been widely agreed that Maika and Karamero are Inkay and Malimar; people have long speculated them as squid, and since Maika is known as the Rotation Pokemon (with the method of evolution being that you have to turn -ie rotate- the 3DS upside down to evolve Inkay). Karamero is known as the Reversal Pokemon, it's body is the upside-down version of Maika's (albiet bigger and more designed) -ie its been reversed.

Plus the typings fit exactly, and I'm not sure that they'd have 2 families with the same rather exotic typing in the same generation. (I'm not sure that they've actually done this before)

I just hope they're available relatively early on ingame.

Ohman, Imakuni? and those golden cards... between these and the creative artwork stories, this just might be my favourite set ever.

Yeah , the artwork is stunning, almost no 3D art and very cool ideas like the Smash cards, Imakuni, Mirror holos and the Golden Pokemon. Epic stuff like this comes out if PCL doesn´t limit the set designers ;)

Wow...I love all of these. Even the cotton candy 'mon.

I'm starting to wonder if these Pokémon (Pangoro, Inkay, and Malimar) were revealed as a result of the leaker (since Nintendo clearly found out about the leak) or if the leaker somehow had information about which Pokémon were to be revealed. Choosing a select few Pokémon to reveal and have them all eventually be shown in CoroCoro (and in turn, the English site) seems pretty lucky. Regardless, they're all awesome.

If thy release Z alongside with X and Y I could see XYZ as the special edition that is released 2 years after.

I really like the Squids and they make Yvetal sound very evil haha.The cotton candy legs and then none so it can float?

I dislike that large beaked bird, and I'm indifferent on the cotton candy (it could have a sweet evolution - puns lol)

Definitely going to use Pancham's evo, and possibly the squids when even more info is released!

I don't understand why everyone hates on food based or inanimate object based pokemon, you have to think of it like this. Every single pokemon was supposed to have been around before humans. Therefore, when humans so a Vanilite,Rotom,etc they got the idea to make modern day items based off those pokemon. It's a weird concept but if you wrap your mind around this, then you will see Pokemon in a whole new light.

Annihilator27 said:
I really like the Squids and they make Yvetal sound very evil haha.The cotton candy legs and then none so it can float?

I think what you see in the official artwork its actually the tail and maybe its legs can be hidden in its body or maybe they cant be seen like Crobat's feet.

Charizard3712 said:
I don't understand why everyone hates on food based or inanimate object based pokemon, you have to think of it like this. Every single pokemon was supposed to have been around before humans. Therefore, when humans so a Vanilite,Rotom,etc they got the idea to make modern day items based off those pokemon. It's a weird concept but if you wrap your mind around this, then you will see Pokemon in a whole new light.

I'm okay with inanimate objects coming to life, except the Klink line, and we haven't really had many food-based pokémon. The cotton-candy mon just seems goofy because of his eyes and his tail (which looks like a cotton candy stick - obvi), but it looks better when it's battling and I'll decide on if I like it if it gets an evo.

I accept (accept not like) whatever GF creates, but we are definitely allowed to voice our opinion on them, some just go too far and rage about it instead of giving a well-thought out reply.

Found this Gible card from EBB :) I gotta say I'm not a huge fan of the golden FA cards, just wish they had at least some black outlines or color, just to much gold for me :p

bb-078.jpg

Inferchomp said:
I'm okay with inanimate objects coming to life, except the Klink line, and we haven't really had many food-based pokémon. The cotton-candy mon just seems goofy because of his eyes and his tail (which looks like a cotton candy stick - obvi), but it looks better when it's battling and I'll decide on if I like it if it gets an evo.

I accept (accept not like) whatever GF creates, but we are definitely allowed to voice our opinion on them, some just go too far and rage about it instead of giving a well-thought out reply.

I'm totally not raging in any way, I just want people to try and see things in a different way. I'm cool with anyone voicing their opinion bc that's what makes us unique.

Hmm...Not my favorite batch of new ones, but not too bad. At first I saw them and I was like "WTF?!" but they've already started to grow on me.

Goronda: This guy is probably my favorite of the bunch. It looks legitimately pretty evil. Grade: A-
Squids: These aren't too bad either. The evolution is actually pretty freaky. Grade: B+
Shushupu: This one is really cute. Hope it evolves into a big pink bird of some sort. Maybe a flamingo? Grade: B
Peropuff: The first X/Y Pokemon that I have genuinely disliked. I mean...it's not cute, nor is it intimidating. Its only chance is if it evolves into something pretty sick. Grade: C-

The evil team looks hilarious, and the Legendary types don't offend me.

WOOOH 100 POSTS! *CHAMPAGNE*

Back