(2) 'Dark Explorers' Images, Clearer Box Art of 'Black 2' and 'White 2' [3/15]

According to the official site, the Kyurem formes are actually just using Freeze Shock and Ice Burn, that's what the "tubes" are about.

Wow the artwork on the packs looks pretty cool. I also like the artwork for the theme decks too. Man I can't wait for B/W 2 XD. Hope I can get the original Black before I get these. If I can't then I will get Black 2 when it comes out.:)

Oh this set is going to be fun. Add a little Dark type besides T-tar. :)
The Zoroark is awesome.

Metalizard said:
No... There's one in the Tornadus/Thundurus gift set...

Oh... Well, there goes my hopes and dreams about viable Scrafty. Still, this set is going to be awesome! I can't wait for the prerelease!

Also Black Kyurem and White Kyurem look amazing, I love them so much. I can't wait until they get made into EX cards. :)

YAY, clearer Box-Art!!! =D But for some reason it's *almost* making me wanna get BLACK2 more! (Must resist urge... :p) Do you guys think that there'll be ANOTHER Victini event at the release of these games like Black and White? Or maybe a different one? =l

Xous said:
Woo! Computer-quality images of the box art. I can't wait until I get the time to make v.2 artwork featuring the tubes and those colorations.

And a huuuuge thanks to Gin for scanning the Black Kyurem art. Looking forward to the scan of White Kyurem tomorrow. :)
Way ahead of you.
black_kyurem_overdrive_by_dragon__pokemon-d4snxrr.png

I've already done it.
From the moment these came out, almost all Pokemon artists knew they needed to draw these two on instinct. An these overdrive versions......make the reason even greater.

YAY, clearer Box-Art!!! =D But for some reason it's *almost* making me wanna get BLACK2 more! (Must resist urge... ) Do you guys think that there'll be ANOTHER Victini event at the release of these games like Black and White? Or maybe a different one? =l
Victini event? there's already been two, so I doubt it. I think you will be able to trade from B2/W2 to B/W, but like in DP, Kyurem's alternate forms will be displayed as regular Kyurem in B/W, and will revert back to regular form when traded. Plus, Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are in B/W, so it's almost certain.

Black 2 is BETTER! That's why you want it more.

Broken Pokemon EX said:
Ugh why do they keep doing this to us. First Arcanine and now Zoroark? Why do they keep turning these previously holographic pokemon into non-holos when they come to the states? :angry

EDIT: and before anyone brings it up, yes I'm aware that these pre-release pics are never holo, but with the exception of the first B&W set all of the main Pokemon in each theme deck have been non-holos in the set, which means it will probably be the case with Dark Explorers too.

Nah, I don't think they would turn the main card from the set into a non-holo just because it is in a theme deck...

Darkrai EX. I predict a Darkrai Event in May :) Love the Boxart of Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2! :D

Teal said:
According to the official site, the Kyurem formes are actually just using Freeze Shock and Ice Burn, that's what the "tubes" are about.

Sounds cool - I imagine they would temporarily change sprites in-game when they use those attacks?

If this isn't the case, then maybe Black and White Kyurem will have some sort of "Turbo Mode" which, when activated, makes the Kyurem Fire or Electric. Just a thought.

I just notice something that's not really amazing, but kinda cool. In the CoroCoro scans, the game case for Black 2 is red and for White 2 it's blue.

scuba steveE said:
I just notice something that's not really amazing, but kinda cool. In the CoroCoro scans, the game case for Black 2 is red and for White 2 it's blue.

Pretty sure that's just outlines they added to make the covers stand out more.

I love the art! ^-^ fabulous editions to add to my collection!!! <3 the umbreon!!!!!

Actually, I think Darkrai EX is pretty rockin'! Free retreat cost + 90++ damage (Dark Claw, Sp Dark Energy) AND you snipe the bench for 30, so you can dok off a Tynamo, or Solosis, for instance.

Fraxureking said:
Methinks this will have some of BW5.

We might have a couple, but even less than what Noble Victories had of Psycho Drive/Hail Blizzard. Dark Rush, Kyogre/Groudon-EX, Tornadus/Thundurus Gift Set and the Reshiram/Zekrom-EX deck cards will probably be over 100 cards of this set, IMO.

Looks to be a good set, especially if the Empoleon from Dark Rush turns up. Will revamp my water deck just to play that one.

Back