(2) Combo Attacks, B/W Card Layout [8/30]

This just makes the game more exciting. I like this, seeing as synergy will be more important in B/W. I wonder if Reshiram and Zekrom will have a synergyish move.

This is an interesting idea in theory, however the execution seems flawed. Is it merely selecting the order, or is it the order they are executed by the monsters? If its just selecting grass oath then fire oath for example, that's fine and easily done. But if grass oath has to be EXECUTED before fire oath in tandem, then there are some problems, especially since there are other factors involving speed, and what the opponents team does...ugh, I probably won't even bother with it if that's the case.

^ Good point. What if your opponent outspeeds the second Pokemon that would have worked together with the first. I wonder if they need to attack in juxtapose. It would make sense if they had to.

Sounds very interesting -- and bringing a bit of realism to the games (it makes sense...make plants near the opponents, burn plants near the opponents = continual damage). I'm excited to see what other moves, if any, can be combo'd. Tarazuma brings up a point worth noting, though I'm wondering if it is indeed difficult to execute the attacks in order to reap the benefits. In any case, it's probably not going to be too big a part of the games...I doubt most combos would compound effects like that.

I'm also interested to see the B/W card layout.

EDIT: The B/W card design is relatively similar to DP and HGSS. It would've been nice to get more of a change -- like as much of a jump as we got from Neo to EX, and even EX to DP, especially considering this is a pretty big reboot for the series... Oh well, from a faker's perspective, it should be easy to make to blanks. :p

Either way, this is amazing!!!! I love this idea, it probably will pay off if you are able to do it, but it can be more complicated than its worth.

I do love the card layout - especially the gathering of Weakness, Resistance and Retreat Cost (Spacegoat knows how much I've missed that layout...) - but I'm disappointed to see that the levels are still missing...
...or maybe they're listed at the bottom with the Dex Entry? Let's hope so...

I'm wodering if water oath/fire oath/grass oath only has an effect for triple battles (or double battles), or if it does something completely different in single battles. Otherwise, grass oath/fire oath/ water oath will be basically useless unless you do many triple or double battles.

Cool this about the oaths! But we must have 2 starters for this(if the oaths can't be used by other Pokemon)

The new combo attack feature sounds interesting. If executed correctly, this feature could be fantastic.
On the other hand, the B/W card layout looks identical to D/P & HGSS o_O

Like everyone said, having a more different card layout would've been nice. There are only just a few, small changes. I hope the actual text will bring some interest (fonts, effects, etc.)

The combo thing sounds epic! I've always wanted something like this to happen. Speed may be an issue, but I think that it will make the game a lot more exciting, just like anime battles.

From a competitive standpoint, if combo attacks are going to be more than just oaths and being on several Pokemon, this could change the metagame greatly. Once the new mechanics come out, all the tutors and competitive battlers are going to have to master new styles of play. Being that I know who the tutors are makes me pretty confident that it should get mastered fairly quickly. I don't want to spoil the fun and say who all of them are though. You'll find out soon enough.:p

Maybe there will be a combined attack using all 3 oaths. If these combined attacks are not limited to only the oaths, we could get a very large number of new attacks! If so, I feel bad for Serebii :(

Pokabu has 70 HP!!! They are increasing the HP again in the new TCG era... If this continues, I think we'll see regular Stage 2 Pokémon with 150 HP or something...

Isn't that the backsprite for Tsutaaja's next stage being featured in the first and last images? Or is that just Tsutaaja? It just seems a little tall to me... Though since they're featuring Pokabu, Tsutaaja, and Mijumaru in the article (including even their Sugimori art in little circles), I'm probably just seeing things. xP

Anyway, combo attacks sound interesting. It'll be nice to see what other kinds of combo attacks are possible.

QwertyNinja493 said:
rainbow oath + rainbow oath = double rainbow
"What does this mean?"

I think that these fields are similar to that one article that had a bunch of rumors in it. One of them was that there would be a bunch of different fields, each related to a type...anybody remember that article? This seems similar to it. This will definitely make competitive battling a lot more interesting, seeing as now there are new "weather" conditions to be used.

Back