(2) BW3 Brings Back EX Pokemon, Six New 'Red Collection' Cards Revealed! [6/23]

ShadowDark said:
I really do hope Archeops has to remain active at the very least.

This goes back to the argument about how broken people thought Vileplume was last season. I'll repeat that Archeops is not unfair because his ability effects both players and there is the issue of getting catchered to the active spot. Being active makes an otherwise interesting card for the meta completely worthless.

DNA said:
DAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Look, guys; it's Rocket's Admin!
Mew the source of all said:
When I saw N I laughed uncontrollably for a few minutes. It's so nice to see this again, especially since I didn't actually own one last time.
Riskbreakers said:
AHAHAHAHA ROCKET ADMIN IS BACK AHAHAHAHA
Good to see I'm not the only one that thinks that way.
Afro-G said:
Has anybody stopped to think that IF Archeops has the same Ability as Fossil Aerodactyl that MAYBE it has to be active?
That...uh...wow. I definitely didn't. I wasn't trying to follow all the hype about Archeops being broken in this thread, but I didn't even stop to consider another possibility. Yeah, if Archeops is like this, I don't really see big problems with it.
Waspy said:
Fossil Muk. Now there is a card worth being brought back.
We haven't truly had a card like that in ages (Dialga G LV.X and Aggron ex were the only things that really came close, to my knowledge). An Ability that negates Abilities is totally something I'd love to see.
And if the trend is real, this will make Garbodor usable (because it'll most likely be the one that gets it).

DNA said:
We haven't truly had a card like that in ages (Dialga G LV.X and Aggron ex were the only things that really came close, to my knowledge). An Ability that negates Abilities is totally something I'd love to see.
And if the trend is real, this will make Garbodor usable (because it'll most likely be the one that gets it).
I was JUST thinking that! I will not be surprised at all if Garbodor has the same Ability as Fossil Muk. It will most likely come out in Red Collection if they do do that. That gets me just a little more excited for what the next TCG sets have in store. =) (Now I'm the one doing the speculating...)

OMG. I don't think I have ever been more excited for a TCG set to be released. I was hoping that they would print a playable Archeops. The return of EX's, wow. Words cannot describe how happy I am right now. The DCE reprint is just the icing on the cake. Thank you so much Pokemon!

I agree with Vulpix Yolk. I am really excited, mostly because this has got to be a remake hint. And since they're adding Pokemon from previous generations it makes even more of a hint. I missed ex because they were just fun to collect and me, as a collector, I see a new opportunity for my ex collection. I am so excited.

I just realized how terrible this is. The reason I liked Lv. Xs is because you only needed one of them to have a solid line. I mean, you could get away with running 3-1 Luxray GL. I liked Primes because they were more common, allowing you to have a full line (like 4-4 Donphan Prime) without much difficulty. I hated exs because they were hard to get. I only played the game very casually back then, but it wasn't fun to play 4-1 Muk ex just because I couldn't get my hands on any more Muks.
This is a bad idea.

So printing card that actually have value is a bad thing? I'm tried of nothing in the format being worth more than 20$ (well, Nats coming up has changed that), plus it isn't like EX's will be the only playable things printed, I mean, it isn't like every deck needs an ultra rare to be good, you should know this after playing Jumpluff for like a year straight 6-D :p

6-Dimension said:
I just realized how terrible this is. The reason I liked Lv. Xs is because you only needed one of them to have a solid line. I mean, you could get away with running 3-1 Luxray GL. I liked Primes because they were more common, allowing you to have a full line (like 4-4 Donphan Prime) without much difficulty. I hated exs because they were hard to get. I only played the game very casually back then, but it wasn't fun to play 4-1 Muk Prime just because I couldn't get my hands on any more Muks.
This is a bad idea.

At league, one person bought 10 packs. He got 3 exs! Same thing happened the next time at league. They aren't that hard to get.

6-Dimension said:
4-1 Muk Prime

i love muk prime....

this is awesome. i didnt collect during the EX sets thus...i will now get EX type cards...i hope they go back to when you beat one you get 2 prizes cause some primes are WAY to over powering *glares at gengar*

The power creep...I can feel it SURGING

Rocket's Admin
Fossil Aerodactyl
Ex cards

All I can say is: yay

dmaster out.

The EX cards were awesome and I like the previous EX's and also the Red Collection cards. Could this mean we will have remakes of the 3rd gen games Ruby and Sapphire? If this persuades then we should see remakes of those games in the near future XD.:)

6-Dimension said:
I only played the game very casually back then, but it wasn't fun to play 4-1 Muk Prime just because I couldn't get my hands on any more Muks.
This is a bad idea.

I think you mean muk ex

and bringing back ex will be alot of fun, I really enjoyed having ex in my decks

Speculation how I absolutely loathe you with a hot fiery intensity of a thousand suns.

First of all the Prehistoric Power that Archeops has though it is likely it will be similar to Aerodactyl it will likely be changed. Aerodactyl was printed by WoC who had quite a few mess ups that come to mind. Even then however cards from that have been remade like this have been altered, like Cursegar needing to be active. Also we don't yet know how fossil cards will factor into this yet. Archeops could be very good, but there are too many unknowns to warrant saying 'it will break the game'

As for EXs, again we know very little, they could be spiritual successors, or they could be the same concept, but in any case it is unlikely that they're going to be as desirable as the old ones were if they have the old ex clause. The game has changed a lot and the power creep in the DP era till now has radically changed things. In my opinion we should wait until we actually see some of these new EXs (or at least a better clarification) before going crazy over the concept.

olimar1023 said:

i love muk prime....

6-Dimension said:
I only played the game very casually back then, but it wasn't fun to play 4-1 Muk Prime just because I couldn't get my hands on any more Muks.
This is a bad idea.

I think you guys mean muk ex

and bringing back ex will be alot of fun, I really enjoyed having ex in my decks

[/quote]

ya that was my um...point....

if archeops has that ability...it will be an amazing card to put in something like cinccino that is a speed deck. get set up T2 then stop the from evolving and just sweep with a cinccino :D

I personally hope that the birdy is introduced with the exact same wording as aerodactyl. It is just giving more options to the game. It will autoloss to ZPS anyways. It is more fun having lots of decks then 2-3 in the format

Wow P!P is doing a lot of things right recently, Mid season rotation, Reprint so old great cards like Aero, GoW and DCE and a set I cannot wait till it's release. P!P has really changed after the last few sets and rule changes.

konter_j8902 said:
I personally hope that the birdy is introduced with the exact same wording as aerodactyl. It is just giving more options to the game. It will autoloss to ZPS anyways. It is more fun having lots of decks then 2-3 in the format

ZPS also has a weakness to Archeops so it's no autoloss considering if you could run it with Donphan.

miniman said:
Wow P!P is doing a lot of things right recently, Mid season rotation, Reprint so old great cards like Aero, GoW and DCE and a set I cannot wait till it's release. P!P has really changed after the last few sets and rule changes.

For the record P!P has no control over card production. That's PCL.

If they have luxio (promo) that must mean there is a Luxray, and it could possibly be an EX version....

the return of brightlook!lol

Water Pokémon Master said:

all im hoping is that they dont bring back that "draw two prize cards if this pokemon is knocked out"

Back