(2) All Names Possibly Revealed, More 'Black' and 'White' English Names Revealed [1/13]

When, exactly was this list leaked compared to IGN's leaking. I think that might shed some light on its validity.

IGN never leaked anything, the names are on the official site.
Well, at least Reuniclus, Gothitelle, Woobat, Braviary, Axew, and Cofagrigus.

But they were on IGN before the official site put them up. Meaning IGN leaked them before the official announcement.

Musharna, Drillbur and Patrat also. Honestly, apart from me being happy on getting a couple right, most of the new ones are really bad, considering they're real. Lets hope we all get used to them.

these names are rather hard to pronounce but it does not bother me any because i usually nick name most of my pokemon anyway

These names bother me because i dont like to nickname my pokemon.

fennel.jpg

This is what fennel is. nice going.

I'm just going to wait for an official announcement and the fervor of hate to wear down. I really don't care what GF names most of these guys because I never made myself learn the japanese names... I don't have any attachment to some other name.

Also... the news post says it's a list of English and ITALIAN names. Are we sure that some of those names aren't for the European versions of the game? Bronzong is Archeodong in France. ArcheoDONG. I actually searched one out on the GTS so I could make jokes about it. My friend in Germany traded me Bidoof with thier German name of Bidiza.

Anyway.. it's not that big of deal. A couple months ago everyone was made because they didn't like how the new guys looked. Now the appearance hate has died down.. the names are what's hated now. Har.

^Wrong, first Italy never changes the English names. Second those were the Italian classifications and not the actual names. Third some of the names were officially revealed after the list was made.

Oh, Black and White Pokemon, how do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways...

1. Serperior - Just a Rhyperior ripoff. Seriously, GameFreak? Why don't you just make a Yangrowh or a Tanmega? That's creative
2. Watchog - Sigh... I just can't see myself using this name. I'll just call it Miruhoggu.
3. Lillipup, Herdier, and Stoutland - This is the worst. You'd think that with all of the other basic names given to these Pokemon, they would AT LEAST mention in the name the word "yorkie." No, they use the name Stoutland, which, in my opinion, land is one of the suffixes YOU DO NOT GIVE TO A POKEMON, EVER!
4. Tranquill - I wonder who's idea it was to say, "Hey, guys, let's add an l at the end of the word tranquil! It's so original! ROFLOL!"
5. Roggenrola - *vomit sounds* Oh my... What, a cliche
6. Gurdurr - Play on the word "gurder." This one is ok, but the fact that they repeat the suffix in this evolution line bothers me.
7. Throh and Sawk - *vomit sounds* WTF Gamefreak! Why is Dageki named Sawk? I see NO correlation. Somebody please explain this to me.
8. Scraggy - Add this to the list of Black and White Pokemon named after actual words.
9. Deerling and Sawsbuck - I would very much like to speak to the top zoologist in Unova, because they seriously need an I.Q. Test. Deerling? I understand Deer, but the suffix ling has no business being in this name. I really hope this is list is fake. If not, they've ruined one of the most unique Pokemon from the fifth gen.
10. Alomomola - One of the weirdest names I've ever seen. But, at least it's a palidrome.

I'll update with more later... I'm just so FRUSTRATED!! CURSE YOU GAMEFREAK!!!

@Boddy: I think the "ling" in "Deerling" refers to "sapling," which is a young tree. I still don't much care for it either, but it's not exactly unrelated.

@nikohesus: Oh, my fault. Without correlating pictures, it's hard to tell who is where, although I have a pretty good sense of where everyone is located in the dex.

But still, those names still don't sound very appealing. And it's not that same kind of feeling you get when you see something new and think, "geeze, these suck". It's more of a feeling of, "Who would buy this as real?"

Don't get me wrong: if this is real, then I'm glad GF seems to be trying harder at the whole names thing. But the list itself doesn't have much footing really for me to outright believe it.

Did anyone mention Throh or Sawk yet? We have a slew of creative names and these two culprits. The moment I saw them my thought of them being legit went out the window.

Fennel huh... that one is going to take a lot of getting used to for me (I've still yet to start using "unova"). Surprised Wargle didn't keep Japanese name. Another "Chillarmy" surprise I guess.

Also surprised that Cheren keeps his US name. I once joked with a friend that they would make him Russian and call him "Cherenkov"

I kinda wish we had more MGS pun names.

Serperior - Just a Rhyperior ripoff.
That's like saying "Ariados" is a ripoff of "Gyarados"... Having some similar letters does not equal ripoff you know? There's only 26 letters to work with, and over 600 pokemon to name.

RE: (2) All Names Possibly Revealed, More 'Black' and 'White' English Names Revealed

Cubchoo's seriously growing on me. Kumasyun was cool, until I started thinking of it as Akumasyun.
*little blue bear uses Raging Demon*
*Mizu runs*
And LOL at Russian Cheren/much deadlier person.

8. Scraggy - Add this to the list of Black and White Pokemon named after actual words.
Along with Ditto, and the related Muk, Seal, Dewgong, Bayleef, and Farfetch'd list.

we all know that blitzle should be called shimama because shimama is one of the best names ever...right behind sawsbuck lol

Back