(2) ALL 'Emerging Powers' Scans, Scrafty Distribution at Worlds [8/14]

Thanks WPM! This set doesn't look that good, but I'm excited for the trainers! I'll definitely try to pick up some RH trainers/supporters at my PR next weekend.

Thanks for the scans :)

Still kinda disappointing no Secret Rares in the set but those very awesome RH's more than make up for it :)

Beartic.
Hope your deck's main attacker has a free retreat...

Gothitelle
UUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Catcher
UUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
But I'm actually looking forward to this, the format is already full of trying to bring things up from the bench (Reversal), this will just remove the element of luck.

I like how Terrakion has base 108 Speed and yet a 4 retreat cost while Lucario, with a base 90 Speed, has gotten 0-1 retreat in the past. And Ferrothorn has a retreat of 3, with its base 20 Speed... Oh TCPI.

still looking at most of these cards.
some of them are actually alright.
the basics and stage ones of this set, compared to the first BW set are actually slightly better.

the Zoroa in this set for example is alot better than the old one.

No Meowth? :(

Also, the artwork is much better in this set, imo. Just look at them! And now that I'm looking at them with the English words printed on the cards.. I'm getting a ton of rouge deck ideas. This set gives me a 3/5 just because there's only about 3 or 4 cards that will be used in the Metagame. Red Collection in NA, you're next!

why does the Patrat from this set, have exactly the same EVEYTHING as Patrat 78/114.
all they did was give it a new picture!!

But!! Watchog from this set, might see some play in Mewgar, for it's first attack, though it is an attack.

DK Quagmire said:
still looking at most of these cards.
some of them are actually alright.
the basics and stage ones of this set, compared to the first BW set are actually slightly better.

the Zoroa in this set for example is alot better than the old one.

But the zora has less HP. And it could attack potentially doing 30 damage on one energy card. I don't see why the new one has any advantage what so ever.

Hmmm....I like the idea of a Krookodile/Excadrill/Crush Hammer deck....would be interesting...

amisheskimoninja said:
But the zorua has less HP. And it could attack potentially doing 30 damage on one energy card. I don't see why the new one has any advantage what so ever.

you mean Double Colourless energy, correct.
then this new Zorua will be used in decks that don't use double Colourless.

also... Liepard is a baby killer!! It can kill those sleeping babies in one hit and even snipe them from the bench, for one energy!

Quick question, is Sigilyph 42 attack "Psychic Assault" meant to say "does 10 more damage for each damage counter on the defending pokemon"? Because according to Bulbapedia the Japanese version translates to "does 10 more damage for each energy attached to the defending pokemon"

Well this dosent look all that good all the trainers and supporters looks good but not so much for the pokemon. But i do like gothitelle ferrothorn bearitick Audino krockidile and siglyph.

DK Quagmire said:
you mean Double Colourless energy, correct.
then this new Zorua will be used in decks that don't use double Colourless.

also... Liepard is a baby killer!! It can kill those sleeping babies in one hit and even snipe them from the bench, for one energy!

Who uses Zorark without double colorless?

catutie said:
Hmmm....I like the idea of a Krookodile/Excadrill/Crush Hammer deck....would be interesting...

Too flippy. I was thinking, Typhlosion, crush hammer, and lost remover.

All I have to say is the artwork for Pansage, Lilligant, Panpour, Joltik, Woobat, Throh, Sawk, Liepard, Klang, Klinklang and Minccino is so much better than the last set. Epic win.

Thanks for scanning those cards.
Is Tornadus now holofoil or just rare? And is there a real holofoil in every pack, or just a mirror/reverse print?

The Zoroark is good, but I think most people will stick with the old one. I'm looking forward to the previously announced Ferrothorn and Gothitelle. I'm probably going to the Prerelease Sunday. I was hoping for something more interesting to keep us busy until the return of EX, though.

Renoir said:
Thanks for scanning those cards.
Is Tornadus now holofoil or just rare? And is there a real holofoil in every pack, or just a mirror/reverse print?

Lolwut? There is a Reverse Holo (RH for short.) In every pack. Then a rare. The holo's (Tornadus like you mentioned.) are rares but they have become as hard to get as primes so like 1/16 I think.

4-4 Mandibuzz and a four leaf clover is all I need.

Other than that you have the first usable boomeranger (of the format) with Whimisicott, coupled with Gothitelle and you may have something...

Final Gambit Basculin will be a fun Fire Counter for people who like to risk it all on being awesome

Sigalyph makes for a Donphan counter, not that anybody has played straight Donphan ever. Maybe as a tech in Kingdra where you can Catcher up a Donphan and stall it out with Sigalyph while the Kingdra eat up the bench. Still got to worry about switch though.

Everybody likes Gothitelle and Beartic so I won't waste my breath

The new Audino is sick, another great way to flip an insane amount of coins.

Tornadus and Thundurus are both good too, I see Tornadus doing very well, Thundurus is just a bad Zekrom.

The draw supporters are kinda bad. Birch never saw too much play, PONT is just better. Drawing 3 cards is nice, but you've always had that option, and the lack of drawbacks isn't going to really change the gamescape or anything...

The rest of the trainers are all fantastic, but I don't know exactly how much of each are going to be showing up. Probably 4 Catcher and one or two Recycle a deck. Crush Hammer is too deck specific to be used too widely, Great Ball is good, but outclassed by Communication, and Max Potion will be pretty nice with Yanmega and possibly Donphan, not a whole lot past that.

So they give us Catcher to get rid of coin flips and then a third of the new and almost barely playable cards they add to the game all revolve around such a vomit-inducing amount of flips it's funny. I like it.

Back