(2) ‘Pokemon Smash’ Announcing a New Game, New Movie 15th Poster: Two Kyurem Formes, Meloetta Reveal

It's not like this hasn't been done before with some other RPG that I know.

images

250px-FinalFantasy_XIII-2_Logo.png

signofzeta said:
exactly what I was thinking. To truly get the full experience, and this is speculation by the way, people who have played black should play black 2, and those who played white should play white 2, because the story is canon that way.

I mean, why would anyone want a third version anyway? Once I finished with Pearl, I never touched Platinum, after all, they are the same game. I'd rather have a brand new map, rather than play the same map from the start.

There is one more thing.

300px-PolymerizationDPKB-EN-C-1E.png

Or maybe
images
images

images

it's the "DNA" digievolved form of Kyurem and Zekrom or Reshiram lol.

Here's hoping that in newer generations, there are fusion evolutions lol.

I don't think they'll actually do fusion evolution though. Wait, nevermind, it could be a possibility. But in fact in the anime, they already did it. Shellder and Slowpoke anyone? Now they are just doing it as different formes. It's almost like Kyurem is wearing a mascot (or armor) that is made out of Reshiram and Zekrom. The only question left is since it's Black 2 and White 2, are the formes going to be version exclusive (like Deoxys)? Or if this fusion speculation is true, it could be that Zekrom or Reshiram in the party temporarily disappear (fused in) when Kyurem forme change, but to explain why we can't do it in Black and White, there must be an item or some sort of event that make this happen.
I don't think Kyurem type will change because that the formes could be just a mechanic to get the exclusive moves Cold Flare and Charged Ice (I don't remember their names). And I speculate that they'll bump Kyurem stat up to 680.

Tensho said:
I don't think they'll actually do fusion evolution though. Wait, nevermind, it could be a possibility. But in fact in the anime, they already did it. Shellder and Slowpoke anyone? Now they are just doing it as different formes. It's almost like Kyurem is wearing a mascot (or armor) that is made out of Reshiram and Zekrom.

Yeah, slowbro was sort of a fusion evolution, but it was a crappy one at best. C'mon man, it is just shellder biting on slowpoke's tail, and it becomes a spiral shell. With something like Black Kyurem, it actually looked like Kyurem and Zekrom combined together.

I just think it's just fusion. Reverse fusion, since both Reshiram and Zekrom are originally from Kyurem.

The version mascot formes of Kyurem was switched. (Zekrom Form on Black, Reshiram Form on White). I find this very intriguing.
Isn't N's dragon on black is Zekrom? Assuming Kyurem is scripted catchable on BW 2, what if N's Reshiram on white, for example gives its power to become stronger?

signofzeta said:
Yeah, slowbro was sort of a fusion evolution, but it was a crappy one at best. C'mon man, it is just shellder biting on slowpoke's tail, and it becomes a spiral shell. With something like Black Kyurem, it actually looked like Kyurem and Zekrom combined together.

OK, now I think I know why I was saying stuff like fusion evolution is not going to happen, then I took it back. There are two ways to interprete fusion evolution, the first way is that one pokemon become a part of another pokemon, like Slowbro. The other way is that two pokemons, like Black and White Kyurem kind of melt together. I think the melt together way will and only ever happen to Kyurem because of its relationship with Zekrom and Reshiram.
If you think about it, the melt together way like Yugioh fusion monster make both pokemons lose their individuality. I mean, is it the evolution of pokemon A or pokemon B? If total fusion like you say would happen, then the fusion pokemon would just be a genetically engineered pokemon using DNA of both A and B.
Oh, I think I'm going out of the topic here, so I'll stop the fusion thing.

Tensho said:
OK, now I think I know why I was saying stuff like fusion evolution is not going to happen, then I took it back. There are two ways to interprete fusion evolution, the first way is that one pokemon become a part of another pokemon, like Slowbro. The other way is that two pokemons, like Black and White Kyurem kind of melt together. I think the melt together way will and only ever happen to Kyurem because of its relationship with Zekrom and Reshiram.
If you think about it, the melt together way like Yugioh fusion monster make both pokemons lose their individuality. I mean, is it the evolution of pokemon A or pokemon B? If total fusion like you say would happen, then the fusion pokemon would just be a genetically engineered pokemon using DNA of both A and B.

just like how slowbro evolves from slowpoke, Black Kyurem evolves from both Kyurem and Zekrom. I don't know about you, but it would be a cool design space to explore. If there was a legendary trio, they could fuse together into one single pokemon, and then split up again. I think they should totally explore something like this, and with Kyurem's 2 forms, it is a start. Of course we don't know why Kyurem has either Zekrom or Reshiram features until we see more about what is happening in the game. The only speculation that I am making now is the fact that the Zekrom features in Black Kyurem is actually N's Zekrom from Pokemon Black. I would really like to see how the story unfolds. Will we still play as Hilbert or Hilda in Black 2 and White 2? Ash had no problem leaving his pokemon at Professor Oak's lab, so I am guessing Hilbert stupidly pulled off an Ash, and left his pokemon at Juniper's lab, and went to explore another unexplored region in the unova region.

Here is also what I speculate. As the same guy from Black 1, you start out in a brand new region in the unova region. For all we know, the Unova region now could be part of a greater whole, much like how New York City isn't the entire USA. Now, when you complete the 8th gym, and some other stuff, you unlock the Unova region that is shown in Black 1, as well as the ability to import the pokemon you have from Black 1. In Black 1, it is mandatory to catch Reshiram. In Black 2, Reshiram doesn't exist, because it was already caught by the player, so in Black 2, some event happens that causes Kyurem and N's Zekrom to combine, and then you have to catch that.

So imagine that the Unova you see in Black 1 is New York, while the Unova region you see in Black 2 is Washington DC, much like Kanto and Johto.

Maybe down the line, there may be a event gift thing that allows your existing Reshiram, from Black to combine with Black Kyurem, from Black 2, to form the original dragon that they were before all this began. I think that would be cool.

Tensho said:

What about the Beldum line? Two Beldum fuse to make Metang, and two Metang fuse to make Metagross. (technically, not mechanically of course)

On Topic: I'm stoked about these games! I'm just wondering if it would be worth it to import one of them in Japanese since it seems that the NA version will be coming out shortly afterwords.

EDIT:
This talk about fusions makes me really want a Venastoise in a game now...

signofzeta said:
just like how slowbro evolves from slowpoke, Black Kyurem evolves from both Kyurem and Zekrom. I don't know about you, but it would be a cool design space to explore. If there was a legendary trio, they could fuse together into one single pokemon, and then split up again. I think they should totally explore something like this, and with Kyurem's 2 forms, it is a start. Of course we don't know why Kyurem has either Zekrom or Reshiram features until we see more about what is happening in the game. The only speculation that I am making now is the fact that the Zekrom features in Black Kyurem is actually N's Zekrom from Pokemon Black. I would really like to see how the story unfolds. Will we still play as Hilbert or Hilda in Black 2 and White 2? Ash had no problem leaving his pokemon at Professor Oak's lab, so I am guessing Hilbert stupidly pulled off an Ash, and left his pokemon at Juniper's lab, and went to explore another unexplored region in the unova region.

Here is also what I speculate. As the same guy from Black 1, you start out in a brand new region in the unova region. For all we know, the Unova region now could be part of a greater whole, much like how New York City isn't the entire USA. Now, when you complete the 8th gym, and some other stuff, you unlock the Unova region that is shown in Black 1, as well as the ability to import the pokemon you have from Black 1. In Black 1, it is mandatory to catch Reshiram. In Black 2, Reshiram doesn't exist, because it was already caught by the player, so in Black 2, some event happens that causes Kyurem and N's Zekrom to combine, and then you have to catch that.

So imagine that the Unova you see in Black 1 is New York, while the Unova region you see in Black 2 is Washington DC, much like Kanto and Johto.

Maybe down the line, there may be a event gift thing that allows your existing Reshiram, from Black to combine with Black Kyurem, from Black 2, to form the original dragon that they were before all this began. I think that would be cool.

I don't have any disagreement with how you speculate the storyline because that's pretty much the direction I'm speculating right now. The thing I'm trying to say is, Kyurem change into Black Kyurem, using Zekrom, not Kyurem and Zekrom change into Black Kyurem. For evolution to make sense, one of the two (if fusion) pokemon has to be the main body, while the other is just accessory. If two pokemon just fuse together without a main and accessory, then it isn't evolution anymore, it's a hybrid. Make sense for breeding, not evolving.

What if Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are two separate pokemon and we are yet to see the second forme of Kyurem? Like all 3 legendary fusing together?

Could happen. Kyurem is speculated to be the dead shell of the big beast Reshiram and Zekrom came from. It would make sense to show it at some point.

I was wondering if the Pokemon Black and white 2 games could communicate with the Pokemon Black and white games? If so, I could do this:
my_pokemon_black_2_team_by_giantoshawott-d4r0xlj.png

The kyurem is in the reshiram forme from the new game.
The team is tottally makable for me because I have these games:
Emerald
Diamond
White
black 2 (when it comes out)

I migrate a sceptile from emerald to diamond, which I already have charizard on.
Poketransfer charizard & sceptile to white, which will have samurott, mewtwo and zekrom on it.
Trade all those to Pokemon black 2.

Theorettically, you only need thesegames:
Hartgold (soulsilver)
white
black 2

I don't know why people are mad. It looks awesome! And if they have these guys in the TCG, that would be really cool! I would love to see those Pokemon as cards!

Giantoshawott said:
I was wondering if the Pokemon Black and white 2 games could communicate with the Pokemon Black and white games? If so, I could do this:

Theorettically, you only need thesegames:
Hartgold (soulsilver)
white
black 2
Of course B2 and W2 would be a ble to communicate with B and W. They'd probably still be Gen 5 games.

You'd need Platnium too, for all the Gen 4 and some Gen 3 Pokemon.

My quick opinion on the whole Pokemon fusion-thing:

This is cool because it has never been done in a Pokemon game, and has to do with the lore of Kyurem/Reshiram/Zekrom. However, I don't think that Pokemon will ever create "Pokemon Fusions" because they have no reason to and it messes up a whole bunch of stuff about evolution. Also, while this isn't original in other franchises, this is actually an original and never-before-seen concept in Pokemon.

Besides, has it even been confirmed that these are fusions of Kyu and the other dragons? Because all it says is that they are named Black Kyurem/White Kyurem, they are alternate formes of Kyurem, and they have something to do with Reshiram and Zekrom. While these hints (along with the lore) kinda point to something like a fusion, it has not been confirmed.

All I'm saying is, don't count your Torchics before they hatch (see what I did there?).

Dugtrio, Magneton, Metagross, Slowbro and Slowking beg to differ. ;p Though technically they're not confirmed to be fusions anyway. (For all we know, Kyurem just absorbs some of Reshiram/Zekrom's power in some way.)

Based on the june 2nd date they have ether been preparing this for a while or they are using something they already had done like maps to cut time out. Whats wrong with the first idea is that theres no way they could hide something this long. Thats why i think there using old maps and just going from where the last story left off. maybe years in the future maybe not. But they already have hoenn maps done too so they might use them probably not but maybe. I am also hoping that they make a 3ds version or something like that but with such a quick release i dont think so.

hmmmm well, this is a little unexpected than the "grey version" wow um, i honestly dont know what to say. Why would zekrom and reshiramchange their forme!? 0.o Thought Kyurem was gonna have a new forme-pretty shocking to me! Not super creative but eventually will be able to take it all in. I do love the formes though, pretty sweet looking!!! I want a toy of each =D "Black 2 and White 2" as names??? Pokemon is really getting weird, the unova region confuses me hahaha. I will still try to reserve a copy for the america 2013 release and see how it goes :p It still looks great but I really hope it isnt identical to white and black version,Id love more storyline and a return of N!

Metalizard said:
Yeah, seriously, people gotta stop with that Hoenn thing, it's not gonna happen...

Hey, I still have faith! :p Never know!!

Back