1st Edition Base Set Booster Box

Coolt

Aspiring Trainer
How much is a 1st Edition Base Set Booster Box worth? Whats the general price range?

Well, I hope you've got a nice FAT wallet. Because a 1st edition Booster Box ranges at about $1,000 minumum... Soooo.... Yeah. But of course if you do feel free! xD

~SotS

SotS said:
Well, I hope you've got a nice FAT wallet. Because a 1st edition Booster Box ranges at about $1,000 minumum... Soooo.... Yeah. But of course if you do feel free! xD

~SotS

If you can find them.

WHAT! $1000! i thought u could get them for like $500, most of them are weighed anyway so don't even bother buying one you will get the worst pulls.

Pokémon TCG said:
WHAT! $1000! I thought u could get them for like $500, most of them are weighed anyway so don't even bother buying one you will get the worst pulls.

What if its factory sealed? Even if it is weighed there could still be some good holos in the box.
Would $1250 be a good price if I was looking to buy one?

Honestly, not many people will purchase one on ebay. 1G would be the price, but if it were me, I'd open the packs and sell the cards indivisually. That would get you the most money.

Juliacoolo said:
Honestly, not many people will purchase one on ebay. 1G would be the price, but if it were me, I'd open the packs and sell the cards indivisually. That would get you the most money.

More than 1k? I seriously doubt that. The most valuable card from the set, charizard, probably won't get you more than $100.

I actually just saw this ebay auction for a complete first edition base set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/POKEMON-COMPLETE-FIRST-EDITION-SHADOWLESS-BASE-SET_W0QQitemZ160365203118QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item255682ceae&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

The price is at $125 with no bids and two days left.

Im talking about a sealed 1st edition base set booster box. Not opened cards that are mint / near mint, these would be sealed and pack fresh.

And if you wouldnt buy a 1st edition booster box on Ebay where else could you get one?

Coolt said:
Im talking about a sealed 1st edition base set booster box. Not opened cards that are mint / near mint, these would be sealed and pack fresh.

Right. I was countering Juliacoolo's point.

Juliacoolo said:

I agree. The only other choice is to find someone selling a set and hope it is mint.

Is $1250 too much for a 1st edition base set sealed booster box? Im trying to get a price range.

amisheskimoninja: More than 1k? I seriously doubt that. The most valuable card from the set, charizard, probably won't get you more than $100.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARIZARD-Base-1ST-EDITION-Pokemon-HOLOFOIL-PSA-10-GEM_W0QQitemZ170383684592QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27aba8b3f0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

pwned

SotS said:

~SotS

WHAT!?!?!

How much does normal base set box sell for? I bought one at a nearby store for $80 not to long ago. The guy didn't want to sell it really, but he said he'd do it.

mr.619 said:
WHAT!?!?!

How much does normal base set box sell for? I bought one at a nearby store for $80 not to long ago. The guy didn't want to sell it really, but he said he'd do it.

A regular base set booster box sells for $110-180 depending on where you get it or how good of a deal you find. You got a really good deal for only $80.
Im still trying to figure out a how much a 1st edition base set booster box is worth, I guess no one knows.

Mr.Metagross said:
amisheskimoninja: More than 1k? I seriously doubt that. The most valuable card from the set, charizard, probably won't get you more than $100.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARIZARD-Base-1ST-EDITION-Pokemon-HOLOFOIL-PSA-10-GEM_W0QQitemZ170383684592QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27aba8b3f0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

pwned

Ya, and that item has no bids. There is no way its going to sell. I can list my kleenex box on eBay for $788, but that doesn't make it worth that much.

amisheskimoninja said:
Ya, and that item has no bids. There is no way its going to sell. I can list my kleenex box on eBay for $788, but that doesn't make it worth that much.

$292.....lolz

amisheskimoninja said:
More than 1k? I seriously doubt that. The most valuable card from the set, charizard, probably won't get you more than $100.

I actually just saw this ebay auction for a complete first edition base set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/POKEMON-COMPLETE-FIRST-EDITION-SHADOWLESS-BASE-SET_W0QQitemZ160365203118QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item255682ceae&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

The price is at $125 with no bids and two days left.

You guys are quite a bit off. You'll get about an equal value as a whole set. Even the commons get decent money. There is always a collector somewhere needing one little common.

Mr.Metagross said:

pwned

That's not normal asking price, I've seen it go for as low as 60$

Back