(1) Xerneas-EX, Yveltal-EX, Venusaur-EX, and Blastoise-EX from XY Collections Revealed! [10/10]

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
So Yveltal is a Dark Mewtwo...sort of

EX that Mega evolve instead of Mega stage 2 Pokemon that can counter EX and give me a reason to use non basic Pokemon
Why?..

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Any hopes that people had about the X/Y era of TCG not being as EX-centric as B/W era have now been dashed to pieces. Yveltal OP.

So glad I'm not going to be playing anymore.

[C][C] Rapid Spin: 30 damage. Switch this Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon. Rest of the attack is too blurry to read.
I think the rest of the attack can be assumed to say "Then, your opponent switches the Defending Pokemon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon", since that is what Rapid Spin attacks have always said, to date.

ProudPokePlayer

An Ker-Otaku, if you will...
Me: "Mom! I'm scared!!"
Mom: "What is it hun?"
Me: "Mewtwo EX is back... As Yveltal!!"
Mom: "But honeypie, isn't Dark Patch and Dark Claw rotated?"
Me: "... no D:"
*cries even badlier*
*Mom doesn't know what to do now...*

lvivas

Aspiring Trainer
Come on guys, let's give XY a chance before we start making rash judgments. There will probably be other cards in the set that will balance the power

of exs. The possibilities can be more powerful stage 2s, counter abilities, tools, or a plethora of other things. The EXs don't seem as powerful as other

EXs such as Landorus, Thundurus, or even Darkrai ex. If you notice Blastoise EX and Venasaur EX, they have to be evolved from something. This is good

because evolutions lines will most likely be able to finally make a comeback. However, if dark patch/dark claw aren't rotated, I could see Yvetil and Darkrai

EX being the next top tier Pokémon Deck. Blastoise/Keldeo/Black Kyurem could also be getting a powerup from Blastoise ex. However, I just realized

that Blastoise EX/ Venasaur EX are basics? Does that mean that bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur regular will be useless? I also feel that both Venusaur

and Blastoise EX are going to have a certain tool card/item card that will evolve them into something more powerful than EXs. When X and Y comes out, this

will surely shake up the format considerably...

Riskbreakers

The Brilliant Star☆
lvivas said:
Come on guys, let's give XY a chance before we start making rash judgments. There will probably be other cards in the set that will balance the power

of exs. The possibilities can be more powerful stage 2s, counter abilities, tools, or a plethora of other things. The EXs don't seem as powerful as other

EXs such as Landorus, Thundurus, or even Darkrai ex. If you notice Blastoise EX and Venasaur EX, they have to be evolved from something. This is good

because evolutions lines will most likely be able to finally make a comeback. However, if dark patch/dark claw aren't rotated, I could see Yvetil and Darkrai

EX being the next top tier Pokémon Deck. Blastoise/Keldeo/Black Kyurem could also be getting a powerup from Blastoise ex.

Umm, no. WPM already made it clear that Blastoise and Venusaur EX are BASIC.

You could clearly see from the arrow in the magazine that the arrows are pointing away from the EX meaning the EX turns into something else.

DNA

Advanced Member
You could clearly see from the arrow in the magazine that the arrows are pointing away from the EX meaning the EX turns into something else.
Yeah, Mega Pokemon EX.
...that's horrifying... *shudders*

Edit: Xerneas-EX is weak to Metal and resistant to Dark.

HA!

So much for Fairy being a Dragon Killer.

lvivas

Aspiring Trainer
Yeh, I edited my post a minute ago. I just realized that Blastoise/Venusaur are only basic EXs. Can there be a Pokémon more broken and more

powerful than an EX? When X and Y comes out, the format will certainly be shaken up considerably...

P.S. I think Blastoise/Keldeo/Black Kyurem is going to get more oped than it already is unless Genesect/Virizion can incorporate Venusaur's mega

evolution to counter it.

Sheriff_K

Eevee Breeder
ProudPokePlayer said:
Me: "Mom! I'm scared!!"
Mom: "What is it hun?"
Me: "Mewtwo EX is back... As Yveltal!!"
Mom: "But honeypie, isn't Dark Patch and Dark Claw rotated?"
Me: "... no D:"
*cries even badlier*
*Mom doesn't know what to do now...*
Oh dear Gods... I just realized, Yveltal is Dark...

Darkrai REJOICE! :p

PS. Xerneas sucks. Why no Dragon Resistance though? But I'm glad they went with Metal Weakness, since Lore-wise Fairies are usually weak to Iron.. :p

lvivas

Aspiring Trainer
Lol, BW-format=very broken, ex heavy, central power.
XY format=Extremely broken, MEGA EVOLUTION ex heavy, dictatorship?

lvivas

Aspiring Trainer
I agree with Catfish, but I hope this doesn't make stage evolutions obsolete. In other words, is the new evolution line going to be a Pokémon that starts

out with 180hp, and evolves to something that has possibly over 250HP? Just imagine Charizard at Mega evolution...

Attack Dragon Claw- 2 fire energy deals 150 damage and 30 to the bench.

Attack Blast Burn- 4 fire energy deals 300 damage to active Pokémon. Can't be used next turn.

MetalPharoah

Aspiring Trainer
I am personally not happy about the announcement of EX's remaining for a new era of formats. This bodes toxic for the TCG and I just hope doesn't bring it to a halt like DP did during its initial launch from, "Free attacks AND we cannot draw or player supporter turn 1!?"

Broken Pokemon EX

Aspiring Trainer
Catfish said:
I'm glad they're not just doing legendary EXs any more. c:

This is stupid. They're giving EXes a way to become even Stronger?!

Why don't they just remove EXes from the game and make the only "uber" cards from the XY block of sets be mega evolutions for normal cards?

Videoland

Aspiring Trainer
I have a bit mixed feelings about it.

As a collector I am a bit sad that we will likely keep the template that was used for the BW cards, off course I'm sure I would dislike it even if they changed it since there is no way they will go back to the more old school style they used form base set to the ex series.

Still, Xerneas and Yveltal EX looks gorgeous, and even if Venusaur and Blastoise doesn't look very playable I know I will love pulling them anyway :) While I prefer the old school exes design wise, I assuming this means full art cards will stay :)

As a player I won't judge until I know more.

DNA

Advanced Member
MetalPharoah said:
I am personally not happy about the announcement of EX's remaining for a new era of formats. This bodes toxic for the TCG and I just hope doesn't bring it to a halt like DP did during its initial launch from, "Free attacks AND we cannot draw or player supporter turn 1!?"
I think you're a little mixed up. Not being able to draw if you went first was only during the RSE era. Starting DP you could draw if you went first, but the no Trainer/Supporter/Stadium rule for going first still applied.

And what's wrong with no-energy attacks? They weren't even that strong in many cases - if anything, they were useful little asides that brought variety to the game. I'm just sad that in HGSS-era only the babies had those.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few of those now and again, just on little basics, for example.