(1) Worlds Opening Ceremony Reveals Mega Kangaskhan [8/10]

ashyboy

Aspiring Trainer
OMG the baby Kangaskan looks absolutely adorable despite the lack of improvement in the parent's design I'm OK with it since mega's are some sort of form rather then evolution and not much of the design is changed.
Also the ability is pretty neat what I want to know is if while attacking twice in a row it is forced to use the same move or if it is allowed to use different moves.

iceDA said:
ugh... i feel this is way to much kinda does not make any sence either X(
its like the baby and kangaskhan are the same pokemon u all relizes the baby should grow up a point when he become an adult kangaskhan
i in most parts dont mind mega evolution thing but in kangaskhan seems really really wrong - pokemon company is sooooo high in xy (._.)

Don't worry my friend nothing makes sense in pokemon so doing something this broken and yet original is really what gets me excited I mean c'mon nobody saw that one coming. I can't wait to see what other unexpected things they throw at us.

iceDA

Aspiring Trainer
ashyboy said:
OMG the baby Kangaskan looks absolutely adorable despite the lack of improvement in the parent's design I'm OK with it since mega's are some sort of form rather then evolution and not much of the design is changed.
Also the ability is pretty neat what I want to know is if while attacking twice in a row it is forced to use the same move or if it is allowed to use different moves.

iceDA said:
ugh... i feel this is way to much kinda does not make any sence either X(
its like the baby and kangaskhan are the same pokemon u all relizes the baby should grow up a point when he become an adult kangaskhan
i in most parts dont mind mega evolution thing but in kangaskhan seems really really wrong - pokemon company is sooooo high in xy (._.)

Don't worry my friend nothing makes sense in pokemon so doing something this broken and yet original is really what gets me excited I mean c'mon nobody saw that one coming. I can't wait to see what other unexpected things they throw at us.

but dude!!
there is a limit for everything!! @@

ashyboy

Aspiring Trainer
One more thing I wanted to point out in the other thread sry if anyone else said it since Lucario got a mega evolution I think that Zoroark could get one as well since its seen like a gen 5 counterpart I could be wrong though.

Jakeremix

I wanna be the very best~
This feels kinda strange for me... I mean, we always imagined that the baby would be a pre-evolution, but whatever. If that ability really is what everyone describes it as... wow. OP much?

Bloodronin

Aspiring Trainer
Neil said:
Wait, what?? That's weird how they changed the baby but not the parent. I don't know how I feel about that. Who's going to be the one attacking?

Very disappointed. I agree, why didn't they change the parent?

iynereh

Aspiring Trainer
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjzxXUPt4DY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

You can hear the music of the gym trainer battle.

iceDA

Aspiring Trainer
iynereh said:
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjzxXUPt4DY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

hey dude i am trying for the past 30 minutes to find the video and the live stream for worlds 2013, could you tell me where do i go please
thx in advance

ashyboy

Aspiring Trainer
iynereh said:

So apparently you can use 2 different attacks in one turn I'm not sure what the first move was but the second was dragon tail I think so.. This thing is a powerhouse. Sure the parent could used some modification but overall its a cool addition c'mon its not like its the only pokemon which does not change drastically from its preevo.
I'm satisfied. And I'm starting to love this mega evolution even more. Also this gen they added a ton of things I will not be surprised if this gen has like 200 new pokemon with mega and all. I still want regular evolution though.

jdivinity

Still a dorky art student
The way I see it, this Mega Evolution was more for baby Kanga than Kangaskhan in general. Now baby Kanga is able to defend and fight alongside it's mother.

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...
Huh, so no real visual changes with Kangaskhan?

Front page said:
It was also announced that the Pokemon X and Y soundtrack will eventually be available on iTunes for download. It will be comprised of 220 tracks.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Damn, that's awesome news!

yesssssss

There have been a lot of changes in tone this gen, from the obvious international release, to the E3 roundtable, to announcements that NA has received right before Japan, but I think this tops it all. No more are we being forced to import a $40 CD from Japan, now we just hop on iTunes! I really hope it comes to Amazon MP3, and that maybe they go back and start giving us the backlog, but this will do nicely. :D

AtmosphericThunder

Artist
ashyboy said:
iynereh said:

So apparently you can use 2 different attacks in one turn I'm not sure what the first move was but the second was dragon tail I think so.. This thing is a powerhouse. Sure the parent could used some modification but overall its a cool addition c'mon its not like its the only pokemon which does not change drastically from its preevo.
I'm satisfied. And I'm starting to love this mega evolution even more. Also this gen they added a ton of things I will not be surprised if this gen has like 200 new pokemon with mega and all. I still want regular evolution though.

I don't think it was Dragon Tail.

Conkeldurr didn't get sent off the field from an effect, the battle screen said Conkeldurr fainted after the hit from Kangaskhan's child.

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer
Neil said:
Wait, what?? That's weird how they changed the baby but not the parent. I don't know how I feel about that. Who's going to be the one attacking?

Both of them are attacking apparently

I guess this is more for the kid, than the parent. I'm so proud

ArceusTrainer said:
Should be a prevo imo

I mean if you look closer, the baby looks way too developed to be a pre evo.

ashyboy

Aspiring Trainer
AtmosphericThunder said:
ashyboy said:

I don't think it was Dragon Tail.

Conkeldurr didn't get sent off the field from an effect, the battle screen said Conkeldurr fainted after the hit from Kangaskhan's child.
I though he got out of the battlefield not fainted..

Ohman177

Aspiring Trainer
There is definitely still the logical possibility that they give khangaskan the prevo along with the mega form. It would make great sense and the prevo would be the normal form of the baby, the mega baby being available only in mega form.

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I'm okay with this, but as others have noted it would be nice to have seen a little more of a design change with the Parent.

Masuda said there are many more Pokemon that will Mega evolve... wow! Maybe they really are including all of the starters and more? :eek:

Additionally, I just thought about the reasoning behind this change. It kind of allows them to add more Pokemon and a 4th stage to a Pokemon evolution without more dex numbers. They are just known as "Mega ______". At least, I don't think they would have a dex number to themselves. This is possibly in preparation for a greatly expanded dex of actual all new Pokemon for Kalos or they are starting to slow down altogether with adding a ton of Pokemon at a time. It's possible that this generation's dex could be a lot different that previous ones.

Just speculation, but still trying to make sense of this as many other people are.