(1) Worlds 2013 to be Held at the Vancouver Convention Centre [8/17]

Those pictures are absolutely beautiful. Where did you find those? Google?

Expected. Vancouver doesn't have huge hotels to host Worlds like a San Diego or Hawaii. Most likely going to be connected to the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel. Or, at least that's where the majority of Pokemon people will be.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Those pictures are absolutely beautiful. Where did you find those? Google?
The convention center's website, as linked in the post. :p

Holy smokes. I just looked up the price for the Fairmont Pacific Rim (the closest hotel to the Vancouver Convention Centre), and it's a whopping $509 Canadian (the exchange is practically 1-for-1 now, so...) per night for two people. That's about double what I paid for Hawaii at the Hilton. o_O

Well hotels around convention centers are always expensive. You'll probably want to get one a mile or so away and then drive/bike/walk to the actual convention center.

Water Pokémon Master said:
The convention center's website, as linked in the post. :p
Ah, right, of course. My apologies; my mind hasn't been at full steam for the past few days.

This will be the first time Worlds has not been held at a Hilton hotel since TPCi took over the card game; perhaps TPCi's contract with them expired and now Worlds can be held at new locations?

...Are there even Hiltons in Vancouver (or Canada in general)? There would be, right? I wonder why they picked the Convention Centre?

Guys, discover Canada's beauty. ;] Yes, now I'm going to have to reserve plane tickets for next year's Worlds.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Ah, right, of course. My apologies; my mind hasn't been at full steam for the past few days.

...Are there even Hiltons in Vancouver (or Canada in general)? There would be, right? I wonder why they picked the Convention Centre?

There are no Hiltons in Vancouver, to my knowledge. I have heard from other people that TPCi had a 5 year contract with the Hilton that ended with 2012. I don't really know about Canada in general though. Anyway, the reason why they picked the Convention Centre is most likely a matter of space. I don't think there are many hotels in Vancouver that would be able to host the amount of people that Worlds warrants.

Also, I don't think Worlds 2004 was at a Hilton, and that was hosted by TPCi, right? Also, Worlds 2005 was held at a Town + Country, so...

Those pictures look beautiful, and my family trip is going real close to there at the same time. I'll be able to go!

Dark Giratina said:
Guys, discover Canada's beauty. ;] Yes, now I'm going to have to reserve plane tickets for next year's Worlds.
If I do go to Worlds this year, it will have been the first time I have been out of the country since 2004. And I've wanted to visit British Columbia (and Vancouver specifically) for a long time, so this might be the perfect time to do it!

...Now to work on getting that invite. Kidding; I know I'll never get one of those. I opted out of rankings on purpose :p

We expected this :p Nice place. It looks like they keep dating worlds a bit earlier every year :D

HeatRotomFTW97 said:
There are no Hiltons in Vancouver, to my knowledge.

There are Hiltons in nearby suburbs but not in Vancouver, closest is in Burnaby.

HeatRotomFTW97 said:
Anyway, the reason why they picked the Convention Centre is most likely a matter of space. I don't think there are many hotels in Vancouver that would be able to host the amount of people that Worlds warrants.

I don't know about this. There are a lot of hotels in Vancouver that have held big events before.. The convention centre is the BEST place for events like these, a lot of other events are held there.. in 2010 it served as the media centre for the Olympic coverage. Two parts to the convention centre, one (original one) with the sails is attached to the Pan Pacific Hotel (Decent prices if you book way ahead of date)/ (With a mall underground), the newer one is just an extension.

Vancouver downtown is extremely walkable. You can find a lot of other hotels to stay at with decent rates.

Back