(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

hmm... I like the bugs and the fairy-pokémon... They're nice...
I'm disappointed with the Lion cub... Looks too cartoon-ish, specially with those bland dumb eyes... It's the same problem I have with Clauncher, the eyes...
I don't know, in Gen V, my favorite designs were the dragons and the bug-types (even though I'm not too fond of real bugs)... This same is happening this gen (plus the birds) even though I like most of the new pokémon... Also, I'm not sure why but the water-types revealed so far are my least favorite of the batch...

Still on the lion subject... Fire/Normal is interesting and all and it's cool they're doing different things... but putting the Normal type as a secondary type or reverse the usual order of types (like Flying/Dragon) just for the sake of it with no logical reason for it is not cool anymore...

TheKeaton said:
Ok, let me make this clear.

THERE ARE NO "PRIMARY" "SECONDARY" TYPES!

The new lion cub is 50% fire, 50% normal. Not 75% fire, 25% normal. No. It's all even. He doesn't have a primary or secondary type. It's all 50/50. Just like Helioptile. The order of types doesn't matter.

Basically what Mitja and someone else said... I would quote on of my posts where I talk about this but I can't find it now... In summary, don't talk about what you don't understand...

Omg the battles look amazing. And is no one going to talk about the music? Lol I know it was only for like a few seconds but it still sounded amazing. :D

Cinesra said:
I never said you were the first to come up with it, just that you were wrong. Echidnas are about as far apart from a rat as any mammal can be. Echidnas lay eggs. And then it evolves into a badger-bear hybrid monster. Fennekin may be close to fitting, but Cyndaquil has nothing to do with it.
Cyndaquil is the Fire Mouse Pokemon. Just sayin'.

Anyway, I'm also interested in how they're going to work out the five trainers/three starters.

If Fairy is indeed super effective against Dragon and Fighting Azumarill will be incredibly over the top in terms of power.

I'm really intrigued by Vivilion. I'm hoping it's going to be useful because I like it's design.

One can hope.

EDIT: The information about it's previous stages makes me intrigued even more about possibly giving Vivilion a try.

The leaker said something about dual type moves. I'm wondering if the odd type orders has something to do with that or new abilities that take type order into consideration.

I found some more details on Importing Pokemon to X&Y in this IGN web article:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/e3-2013-pokemon-x-y-may-have-dlc

This also hints that there may be a DLC for X&Y and of course most DLC's you have to pay money for so hopefully it will be a cheap price tag of it. Here's the detail of the Pokemon Importing part of it:

Pokemon Company would also like for players to be able to import Pokemon from previous titles, but DS and 3DS currently can't communicate directly, so a new solution would be required.

Frezgle said:
Lex said:

Blastoise is the Shellfish Pokemon. Just sayin'.

Doesn't make much sense, does it. In Japan it's the Shell Pokémon.

The species names of the new Pokemon are pretty interesting too.

Frezgle said:
Lex said:

Blastoise is the Shellfish Pokemon. Just sayin'.

Blastoise is the Shell Pokemon, translated into English as the Shellfish Pokemon. Cyndaquil is the Fire Mouse Pokemon in both Japanese and English.

TalonFlame.....you may be possibly my favorite super special awesome beginner bird since Staraptor, especially how EPIC the Brave Bird was, being the first to show the awesome Sky Battle.
Fairy type is awesome too. I kinda half believed it, not really caring until it was released or not. It will be fun to watch my younger brother's big bad lovable dragons to fall to Sylveon (the eevelution he dislikes) once X and Y come out. :D
Dragon really have been kinda over powered a bit, AND very torturous in all my battles (Lance, Cynthia's Garchomp, Lance, Clair, Lance, did I mention Lance?).

Finally, all I've got to say is POKEMON-AMIE FTW!!!!!! To play, interact with the guys who are the friends who you captured on your adventures, it's a dream come true. I hope it this news ties in with a success in transferring Poekmon to these games. I'd love to interact with all of my pokemon teams that I made in all my past adventures, especially my first team from SoulSilver. ^_^

Metalizard said:
I'm disappointed with the Lion cub... Looks too cartoon-ish, specially with those bland dumb eyes... It's the same problem I have with Clauncher, the eyes...
I don't know, in Gen V, my favorite designs were the dragons and the bug-types (even though I'm not too fond of real bugs)... This same is happening this gen (plus the birds) even though I like most of the new pokémon... Also, I'm not sure why but the water-types revealed so far are my least favorite of the batch...

Still on the lion subject... Fire/Normal is interesting and all and it's cool they're doing different things... but putting the Normal type as a secondary type or reverse the usual order of types (like Flying/Dragon) just for the sake of it with no logical reason for it is not cool anymore...

TheKeaton said:
Ok, let me make this clear.

THERE ARE NO "PRIMARY" "SECONDARY" TYPES!

The new lion cub is 50% fire, 50% normal. Not 75% fire, 25% normal. No. It's all even. He doesn't have a primary or secondary type. It's all 50/50. Just like Helioptile. The order of types doesn't matter.

Basically what Mitja and someone else said... I would quote on of my posts where I talk about this but I can't find it now... In summary, don't talk about what you don't understand...

I don't understand how you can assume that there is no "logical" reason for it. They just released the image and its basic information....they've never said anything about the reason of the typing and whatnot...

batrag3.gif

GUISE I FOUND NOIVERN

NoDice said:
Well, since Im on vacation, I havent been able to weigh in just yet, but I love everything about the games revealed so far!

I personally do not care if we can carry over our mons from the last gen or not though- I have been around since the start (Genwunner that "LIKES" new Pokemon and is not a purist! lol), and I have already had to deal with the whole not transferring over thing. Also, the main positive it would allow (which I see a lot of people mentioning) is stat-redistribution for certian Pokemon that cant compete by todays battling standards, IV/EV refinement, Ability change-ups, redistribute moves to balance the game (TROLL ROCKS anyone?) and Im sure there are other things too.

If they changed the IV system to have only say, 15 variances for each stat, instead of 32, it would make it alot easier to breed better mons. EV system could be upped to a 715 system or something to account for less variances in stats. This would make your Pokemon more unique in a way YOU choose as opposed to whatever the game/RNG decides.

Id also love it if they just got rid of the "Shiny mechanic" and implemented a "varied color" mechanic instead. Like 1 in 4 mons could have 1 of 4 or 5 color variances. More variety is almost ALWAYS better. (The shiny Gogoat gave me this idea BTW, since its color pallet is so abysmally different.)

Anyways, on to the new mons-
Noivern- Upon first glance, I thought it was a bit ugly, but it has since grown on me- once I had a chance to inspect its design a bit closer. I first thought it was a Dragon evo for Swoobat, based on the ears, but now Im pretty convinced its a fresh mon.

Skelp- Looks like a poison evo for Seadra honestly, but meh, not too impressed.

Clauncher- Well, it is definitely a serious contender to take Froakies slot in my team alongside my main starter Chespin, I love its design and coloring, and to have a true Lobster mon (Corphish was meh) is defintiely nice.

The Cub- I like its design, even though its eyes are a bit derpy IMO, but it has a lot of potential (Manticore!) and Im curious to see what its secondary Normal typing becomes. It could have a spot for the Fire Type on my team, as long as FlameTalon doesnt end up being even more rad than the Cubs evo.

Flame Talon- Pretty awesome. I was seriously doubting Fletchling evolving into anything remotely cool looking, and the only other gen bird I have ever liked was Staraptor, so this is a second coming for me liking a starting bird a lot.

The butterfly and the fairy are the worst designs of the bunch IMO- they all have unique things about them that i can appreciate, but I wont be using them most likely. I was actually hoping that GF could do some more interesting type combinations with Bug this time around, but Bug/Flying is as weak a combo as ever, and its not getting any better. Also, I would have definitely liked a more unique and less stereotypical fairy to be revealed along with the type. Oh well though.

I cant wait to see what other crazy things they are implementing or changing with these new additions to the Pokemon franchise. October just cannot come soon enough! And FWIW- Im taking 5 straight days off work just to marathon the hell out of these games when I get them!

i disagree with everything you said, all the Pokemon look great, especially the butterfly and fairy.:)

leecario said:
OU Pokemon said:
Yeah, I think so too. Plus, she gets buffed by Rain too, and also, is Fairy super-effective against Dark and/or Fighting?

Iirc the source said SE against dragon, fighting and dark

Thats what the insider told us however in the trailer gardevoir uses fairy dance on hydreigon and doesnt ko it...then again we dont know how powerful the move is and gardevoir is but idk if its supper effective and I actually hope not cuz i dont want my precious pangoro(pancham evo) to be x4 weak to fairy

I really hope fairy isn't strong against dark otherwise it would ruin my prediction of the two legendary's type combination of Fairy/Psychic and Dark/Dragon.
Reasoning: Fairy is SE and immune to Dragon while Dark is SE and Immune to Psychic.
Of course this only really works if there is no relationship between Fairy and Dark which doesn't seem likely.

BCWD93 said:
I really hope fairy isn't strong against dark otherwise it would ruin my prediction of the two legendary's type combination of Fairy/Psychic and Dark/Dragon.
Reasoning: Fairy is SE and immune to Dragon while Dark is SE and Immune to Psychic.
Of course this only really works if there is no relationship between Fairy and Dark which doesn't seem likely.

Or if it's Fairy/Grass and Dark/Flying then that also equals balance. Then again, no one ever said they'd be balanced anyways. Yveltal is more of a bird in my opinion, not a dragon. Some have speculated that he is based off of an eagle.

We are really getting spoiled now!! All the new info is just sooooo awesome! And the lion cub just looks really derpy, which makes it so cool!

Thief said:
BCWD93 said:

Or if it's Fairy/Grass and Dark/Flying then that also equals balance. Then again, no one ever said they'd be balanced anyways. Yveltal is more of a bird in my opinion, not a dragon. Some have speculated that he is based off of an eagle.

Fair point. For all we know they could just throw in a new one to make a trio. Not every trio is balanced and sometimes not even that different from each other.
(Type wise)

arfderp said:
Metalizard said:

I don't understand how you can assume that there is no "logical" reason for it. They just released the image and its basic information....they've never said anything about the reason of the typing and whatnot...

When it was just Helioptile I was still thinking it might have an explanation, but now that there is another seemingly casual pokemon... I'm starting to get the feeling the reason is something stupid like
"there isnt enough pokemon weak to Fighting... lets go through the list again and just add Normal to some single types..."
or something.

Either way, its inconsistent with the past 5 gens and hopes for there being an actualy reason for that are getting smaller and smaller.

lol, heres a crazy idea. Since they're retyping old pokemon due to fairy, hwo would you like seeing Normal added to random pokemon like Arcanine and whatnot?

I dont see it happening, but it would make more sense then.

Back