(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

I'm a little worried. I've seen it said that X and Y will be backwards compatible. However, I've also seen that they aren't sure yet and are trying to make it work.

Does anyone know what the right answer is?

Super4Ever said:
I'm a little worried. I've seen it said that X and Y will be backwards compatible. However, I've also seen that they aren't sure yet and are trying to make it work.

Both

Super4Ever said:

My guess is that they've figured out a method but are still refining the code and stuff. I highly doubt they'll turn around and say they couldn't figure it out when the Dream Radar worked perfectly fine. It'll probably be a similar system to that.

Awesome vid. Thanks for the post! :D

Im glad I finally got to see what the infamous Brave Bird animation looks like. Its as awesome as everyone keeps saying it is.
I liked watching how they design the Pokemon with all the different angles, too. It was all pretty cool.

Super4Ever said:
The correct answer to that would be that they are still working on it. However, keep in mind, that they will get it done. When Nintendo/Gamefreak wants to implement something in a game, they will do it. Im not worried about them not being able to.

My only concern is, if they do decide to go with DLC, will we have to pay to transfer our Pokemon..? o_O
Thinking about it now, probably not. That would be crazy. They do have free DLC.

OMG just watched that video.
So much flawlessness. Happy tears
crying2.gif

'Oops we weren't supposed to say it was based on France. OUR BAD.'

lol. I liked how they showed Brave Bird though o_0 pretty awesome animation right there. Wonder what they'll do when someone uses Roost? Midair landing like 'Sky Attack' in Colo/XD? that was kinda funny [i think only tropius stayed flying when using fly/sky attack, everything else just used their 'normal' animations :p].

I can't watch the video here at school but someone said there's a shiny Gogoat? Can someone get a screenshot of that?

Frezgle said:
I can't watch the video here at school but someone said there's a shiny Gogoat? Can someone get a screenshot of that?

It's not much of a difference, but it is a shiny. The fur is blondish instead of brown.

don()shinobi said:
...a new attack called War Cry that lowers the foe's attack? Seems awfully similar to Growl (its name in Japanese is 'Cry' and lowers the foe's attack, but you knew about the latter already...right?). So...does it lower their attack by 2 stages? Because that's Charm, and that would make it basically a worthless addition...

It could replace something or like someone mentioned earlier, just be more specific to the Pokémon. Having a "war cry" could also be a hint to what kind of evolution it will have.

Frezgle said:
Reggie McGigas said:
The Flower: Ok, but this does not look at all like a pure fairy type. Gamefreak seems to be rushing to type the fairies especially with Marill a fairy. This should be Grass or Grass/Fairy.

I thought the same thing, until I read this: "When this Pokemon is born, it looks for a flower and stays with it for its entire life. There may be Furabebe that are holding on to different flowers in the games."

So the flower's not really part of it; it just lives with it.

Anyone else notice that the NPC character on the leftmost of the one scan has hair that makes her look like a Cincinno? And a shirt with Gothitelle bows? And then the fat dude has a Vanillite shirt. Makes me think the middle girl should look like some Pokemon but I don't really see anything obvious.

Lol. I too, thought the middle child was a boy. However it would be nice for GF to make more nonconventional female characters.

ashyboy said:
Frezgle said:
I thought the same thing, until I read this: "When this Pokemon is born, it looks for a flower and stays with it for its entire life. There may be Furabebe that are holding on to different flowers in the games."

So the flower's not really part of it; it just lives with it.

Anyone else notice that the NPC character on the leftmost of the one scan has hair that makes her look like a Cincinno? And a shirt with Gothitelle bows? And then the fat dude has a Vanillite shirt. Makes me think the middle girl should look like some Pokemon but I don't really see anything obvious.
Yes but dwebble has a rock home which differs just like the pixie's flower and he is a rock type...maybe it will become grass once it evolves.

But Dwebble is never seen outside of his rock, right? He's like a hermit crab. Here the fairy isn't actually a part of the flower physically, but that's not just part of it's habitat. It says that Furabebe picks a flower and stays with it forever. Even if it was a taller Pokémon, it would still be holding the flower. I look at it as more of it's own keepsake.

ashyboy said:
Speaking of the anime...am I the only one dying to see helioptile and gogoat in action? Idk about you guys but i watch the anime mainly because I love seeing the pokemon innaction not because of ashnoob or anything....on a side note wouldn't it be cool for them to reboot the anime cuz I kind of want something fresh...

This is what the anime SHOULD be like :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-X03D3tSVU
Most of you have already seen this.

Whitefire said:
We haven't had a fire/flying since the 1st gen, save for Ho-oh [legendary], and those were the last evo of the fire starter and a legendary. If it stayed normal it would be just another regional bird with hardly anything special; the designs are just what they look like and don't do anything for actual gameplay unlike typing, stats, etc.

Stealth rocks can go jump in a lake.

I agree every region early flying type has been Normal/Flying. It's nice to finally get a change, even if it's been done before. The only Pokémon in Gen 1 who were flying/fire were Charizard and Moltres. One was a starter and the other a legendary. Besides, we all know Charizard is like a dragon without the title. Enough said.

jdivinity said:
I like how we have a group of friends in this Generation. I liked Bianca and Cheren last gen but overtime they got annoying in my opinion.

I really enjoy the idea as well. It makes me feel like it's more realistic for more than just two trainers to be starting out and going for a title. However there are only 3 starters and there will be 4 trainers in the beginning; not even including the gender opposite. So it will be interesting to see how that plays out. The middle one looks like it could be the Professor's assistant, but maybe also your friend. Maybe that's Patrice?

vinnie22 said:
1st generation of Pokemon has just faded away for ever, Generation 2 has just committed suicide, generation 3 has just given up all hopes of being remade, generation 4 . . . . what generation 4? Generation 5 knows that it will only be relevant for getting our old Pokemon to X and Y. Good bye . . . old Pokemon games; i'll never ever play you again. Generation 6 . . . WILL YOU MARRY ME!? All of my dreams have finally come true. If i never become successful, if i never have relations ever again, i will not care! (crying) Thank you God, thank you fans and thank you Pokemon creators; MY LIFE IS COMPLETE. IT'S THAT SERIOUS AND WE DONT EVEN HAVE HALF OF THE DETAILS YET.

I'm glad I'm not alone.. lol

Momaster12 said:
Furabebe would be so much better if it wasn't on that flower.

But... But...

Reggie McGigas said:
This generation has been Pretty Good in my eyes.

Pros:
Sky Battles
Good Looking Pokemon Designs besides a couple that I dislike.
3D Game
Character Custimization
Cool new attacks
Red/Blue sound effects (Genwunner Comment: Yay!)
Generation Transfer

Cons:
FAIRY TYPE (Here comes the hate train)
Mewtwo's new form. If they made a good backstory, or extra stat based forms this would be a pro.
A couple bad designs like the fairy plant, Xerneas, Chespin, and Froakie
Some pokemon just have really poor names. Gogoat? Talonflame? Really? (Genwunner comment: Ey remember wen dey had creative names like "Muk" , "Geodude", and "Ditto".)

Oh Reggie, you can be so picky, but we still love you. I'd LOVE to battle you one day and have majority fairies on my team.
(Also, I agree with all of your "pros")

Also, I didn't know we weren't supposed to pick up that it was based on France. Do they think we're that sheltered that we don't recognise the Eiffel Tower?

This week GF threw a lot in our faces. Lol. HAPPY FANS

Reggie McGigas said:
Frezgle said:

It's not much of a difference, but it is a shiny. The fur is blondish instead of brown.

I wasn't sure if it was a shiny at first, but then i looked Gogoat up and saw the colors were a bit different. Also wasn't the leafs around its neck more bluish?

mastermagpie said:
Frezgle said:

shinygogoat.png

Here ya go!

Oh my!~ What a pretty color. Are those sparkles part of the shiny effect or just sending it from a ball? Either way, very nice.

mjdkernow said:
Made this quick comparison pic
945661_377856745657420_789309936_n.jpg

That confirms that shinies are returning, and what color gogoat's shiny is. The question is, did they reveal Gogoat's shinyness on purpose? I have never seen a shiny Pokemon in a pokemon trailer.

Loving this gen! The only thing I'm not liking so far are some pokemon's names, but ok.

Finally a real fire lion pokémon <3 Ive wanted this like forever.

Back