(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

1st generation of Pokemon has just faded away for ever, Generation 2 has just committed suicide, generation 3 has just given up all hopes of being remade, generation 4 . . . . what generation 4? Generation 5 knows that it will only be relevant for getting our old Pokemon to X and Y. Good bye . . . old Pokemon games; i'll never ever play you again. Generation 6 . . . WILL YOU MARRY ME!? All of my dreams have finally come true. If i never become successful, if i never have relations ever again, i will not care! (crying) Thank you God, thank you fans and thank you Pokemon creators; MY LIFE IS COMPLETE. IT'S THAT SERIOUS AND WE DONT EVEN HAVE HALF OF THE DETAILS YET.

I can't believe we have got so much info! It's so exciting and I'm loving it all so far.

I'm not too keen on Talonflame's name, it sounds more like a move rather than a pokemon name, I guess because it's pretty much still just 2 full words stuck together.

Though PokeBeach's scan's are so small compared to Serebii's, which I have been looking at and saw an interesting thing>

Looking at the picture with the bugs on it, it looks like there's some kind of Stringshot type move that forms some kind of shield around the user or maybe it's just an healing bug stringshot: the battle pics show either the worm or Spewpa shooting a web like string at Chespin with a green large halo type thing forming around it, then next to that it's shown again vs Fennekin and there's the same kind of green halo type thing but with a kind of shield fully formed too.

Everything that has been revealed is absolutely wonderful. You have no idea how happy I am with all of the reveals. In a short 24 hour time frame, we got 9 new Pokemon. That is major!! And they all look so wonderful!
The potential for the lion cub is outstanding!! I can't wait to see its evolved form.
Noivern is fantastic, Sylveon's type has finally been confirmed, FAIRY TYPE YAY!!
It really seems like GF is absolutely trying this time, which is fabulous!!
The people that start out with you are interesting. You have basically 4 rivals this time, which confirms the source's information.
Being as how they're more your friends than rivals, it seems very plausible that one of them will give you their starter Pokemon in the end.
Nao all we need is Xerneas and Yveltal's types, and I'll be set. ALTHOUGH, since it's been 5 months since they were first revealed, and we
still don't know what types they are, the chances of their types being revealed before the release is slim.

I feel as though it's rather likely they'll eventually remake red/blue yet again, in the brand new style with all those brand new features.

Talonflame is Fire/Flying...

smith1.gif

Bogleech said:
I feel as though it's rather likely they'll eventually remake red/blue yet again, in the brand new style with all those brand new features.

My hope would be for it to come out this generation! If I had to choose between that and Pokémon "Z" I wouldn't know what to do...

I think Furabebe is definitely cute, and I can't wait to see it in other flowers, but I hope it has a decent evolution.

don()shinobi said:
...a new attack called War Cry that lowers the foe's attack? Seems awfully similar to Growl (its name in Japanese is 'Cry' and lowers the foe's attack, but you knew about the latter already...right?). So...does it lower their attack by 2 stages? Because that's Charm, and that would make it basically a worthless addition...

Perhaps the attack does damage as well? It would be very cool to have a weak attack paired with the attack depletor.

I love everyone of these designs so far (especially noivern and the lion cub), except for the flower fairy. Not only do I think it should be grass/fairy but I also don't like the design that much.

don()shinobi said:
...a new attack called War Cry that lowers the foe's attack? Seems awfully similar to Growl (its name in Japanese is 'Cry' and lowers the foe's attack, but you knew about the latter already...right?). So...does it lower their attack by 2 stages? Because that's Charm, and that would make it basically a worthless addition...

Not really! Sharpen, Meditate, and Howl all do the exact same thing, but they're not pointless. They're just different to fit the Pokemon that use them.

Frezgle said:
don()shinobi said:

Not really! Sharpen, Meditate, and Howl all do the exact same thing, but they're not pointless. They're just different to fit the Pokemon that use them.

Maybe it's a combination of both these things? Lowers opponent's Attack, and raises the user's Attack?

Bogleech said:

Im guessing R/S/E should be the next to be remade....in these graphics...it would be truly wonderful!

The fire lion/puppy is so cute, especially the little fohawk. I'm really happy there's a female bug-type gym leader (about time really). That girl with so many black bows reminds me of Gothitelle. I don't like it. <.<

Furabebe would be so much better if it wasn't on that flower.
Kofukimushi and Kofuurai look pretty cool.
Shishiko is okay, but I think that its evolution will be really awesome.

Does this mean we won't get the anime at the same time worldwide? (Of Course not the same hour of day but relatively close)

corocoro-6.jpg
Is that Justin Bieber !?
In all seriousness,it's raining news D:
I like the fire lion cub thingy.
what in the world is that flower pokemon

I'd like the fairy much better if it was just the little white guy minus the giant flower it was attached to. At first I thought it was part of the actual Pokemon itself. I'll be waiting to see if there are other forms for this one as WPM stated, with it attached to different flowers. There may be one I like much more.

Vivillons preforms are too hard to really see, so im not taking these comments to heart. But from what I can see, the first one looks pretty cute. The second just looks like the first with fur, though. Kinda like minccino to cinncino, not too much of a change.

The lion cub looks a bit too cartoony for my taste to be a Pokemon, but I really can not wait to see what he evolves into if they're going to have a lion theme around it. :) Even so, hes still alright, I will get used to him even if he looks more like a bear-puppy-creature than a lion.

If furabebe didn't have the flower it would be so hard to see, it's so tiny and cute. Imagine your dragon getting killed by it haha

coolhippowdon101 said:
I love everyone of these designs so far (especially noivern and the lion cub), except for the flower fairy. Not only do I think it should be grass/fairy but I also don't like the design that much.

Am I a ground type just because I'm standing on the floor?

Okay Ive been playing it cool about X /Y UNTIL THIS WEEK!
Like I'm loving EVERYTHING the're doing with the video games. I haven't been this excited since I seen Blaziken for the first time back when I was like 10!

Don't get me wrong.. I enjoyed DP- BWB2W2, but this is a whole new ballgame!
Im soooooooooooo in love with the new fire Lion cub! (although I would've preferred it as a starter)
The fire types are really stepping up this generation! I already have my eyes on Fennekin, Talonflame, and now the Lion cub! :((( My team will be so unbalanced it's ridiculous! lol

I love how the game is kind of doing like Kingdom Hearts did in KH:DDD! I remember when I first got the game I thought it would be cool if we could pet our pokemon like Sora does his spirits to help them EXP points! And now look! I can pet my pikachu! lol

so yeah basically...Im so excited for this! I feel like Im ten again. haha

Back