(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

I want to see the lion cub, I want to see the lion cub!!!! eeeeeeeeeeee :D:D:D

I'm pleased with everything shown so far, except the Seahorse looks a little weird. I really like the shrimp Pokemon though. Talonflame looks pretty sweet and gets away from the generic bird evolution by adding the Fire-type.

Has anyone commented on the fact that the food shown being fed to pokemon in the Pokemon-amie is likely the Gen 6 equivalent of Poffins/Pokeblocks etc?

StrangeState said:
Has anyone commented on the fact that the food shown being fed to pokemon in the Pokemon-amie is likely the Gen 6 equivalent of Poffins/Pokeblocks etc?

I thought it looked kinda like those macarons from the Victini movies :)

I love the designs of Noivern and Talonflame!

Noivern may be my favourite dragon now. It is a badass cross between a bat, dragon and Mickey Mouse! :D

Talonflame is most definitely based on falcons. I believe there will be one more pokemon between Fletchling and Talonflame making talonflame a stage 2 pokemon. The reason for this belief is because Fletchling has one tail stripe and Talonflame has three. Therefore the stage 1 pokemon of the three will have two stripes on its tail.

I love Skrelp, its name and design. It looks so sulky and brooding and ugly but in a good way. Plus I love poison types (which is why, if the rumors about fairies being weak to it are true, I welcome the fairy type). Its probably too early to say, but I think I will have it on my team. I am excited to see what he evolves into. Heres to hoping it isn't awful.

As for the rest of the new pokemon, I have not been let down. So far I like all of them. Sad that the bug is part flying, but its whatever. The only gen 6 pokemon I still don't like is Sylveon. I don't think I will ever get past those flesh-bows.
Speaking of Sylveon... Any chance of a dragon eeveelution to go with it, because of the fairy-dragon rivalry? They generally come in pairs...

Notice how Mewtwo faced off against 5 Genesect? And now horde battles are confirmed, 1 vs. 5.
/me goes to look at movie trailers more closely.

What I don't get is why, (If somebody hasn't said this already, I'm too lazy to scroll through all the pages) when 2 wild Pokemon appear, you send out 2 Pokemon, but when it comes to 5 wild Pokemon, the trainer only sends out 1...and what of wild double battles? Will they still happen? Or will horde battles replace them?

Q - Could you go into detail about how Mewtwo goes in new formes? Would you like him to be in Smash Bros.?
A - Long pauses, lots of laughs. I can't really explain WHAT that Pokemon you're talking about was or if it will appear in other games as well. But with Smash Brothers we always carefully decide which characters we want to add.

They say as they cut Mewtwo and add Jigglypuff to SSBB. You cannot fool me, Game Freak!

Anyway, fun day. Lots of information. Kinda bummed out we didn't see more Pokémon reveals (especially legendaries), but the Sky Battles and especially the Horde Encounters will be fun. Time to abuse HEs for shiny hunting!... maybe.

Massive post incoming.
Reggie McGigas said:
Just noticing, if the fairy type WAS real, then why would they make one of their legendaries a fairy but not the other. It seems that if fairy was real then they are almost forcing us to pick X and choose Fennekin, so you can get a fairy legendary and a starter that counters it.
Because you totally can't use another Fire, Psychic, Steel, or Poison type against Xerneas. Because you're totally forced to use your starter. Because you totally can't just throw a master ball at it. Also, you complained earlier that Game Freak wouldn't make one legendary have an advantage over the other, but I'm too lazy to go back and quote it. Have you never heard of Ruby and Sapphire?
DNA said:
The Fairy-type Sylveon is an Intertwining Pokémon
...this sounds so strange...
Cue bondage rule 34
DNA said:
Silly Nintendo, Kalos is in France, not Germany!
Insert WW2 joke here.
Bogleech said:
It is literally a bat. That is a drawing of a bat. It has a bat body, bat wings, bat head, bat nose and bat ears. It has mammalian fur, eats fruit and has a "noise" theme with the ears stylized into sonar dishes. There cannot possibly be a more bat-based pokemon.

"Wyvern" is a generic term for a dragon. A wyvern has no particular look or style other than being a winged monster.
Actually, wyverns are dragons whose front legs are their wings aka exactly what Noivern looks like. Bats don't have claws, bodies, heads, or necks like wyverns do. They especially don't have long barbed tails. Google image search wyvern and tell me that Noivern doesn't look just as much like a wyvern, if not more than it does a bat. The only ways it's more bat than wyvern are the ears and the fur mane, which don't make it any less wyvern, while the tail and claws make it less bat. Sure it can be partially based on a bat, but it's way more of a wyvern. FFS, it even has -vern in the name.
whoops I accidentally erased your name and am too lazy to search for it or rewrite this massive post[/quote said:
Sounds like crab/crayfish + launcher to me.
You mean claw+launcher
OU Pokemon said:
Yep, now its immune to Outrage, EQ, and is neutral to Rocks. Welcome back to OU, Togekiss.
No, it would still be weak to Rock, sadly. Fairy type has no resistances, just one immunity and two weaknesses.
Frezgle said:
Wait.
You can ride on a Rhydon. You can ride on... Rhydon.
Gdi, Pokemon, I see what you did with that.
It would be funnier if Gamer Freak were an English speaking company or if the pokemon were actually Rhydon, when it's Rhyhorn.
Guest said:
Because team preview is so cheap and so many people depend on it. Just choose your favorite pokemon and have fun battling. Don't stress about winning. It's a game. It's battling in a game.
Plus, taking team preview out is more fair. You have just as much of an advantage as your opponent at all times.
I know this may be hard to believe, but some people have different opinions than you and find competitive battling more fun. It's cool that you have a different opinion, but don't try to force them on people who like something you don't. Also, how in the hell is taking team preview out more fair? You and your opponent can both use it the same amount.
Rob234111 said:
I also love the idea of switching older pokemon type. Seems a bit silly that jigglypuff can now kick my garchomp's ass, but hey, whatever, I'm not complaining.
Jigglypuff can't kick Garchomp's ass any more than Sunkern can kick Kyogre's ass. Stats and other moves still exist.
orkoni1 said:
Also I hope the Lion cub stays a Lion-based, bc they Still have to make the Tiger Fire starter in a future gen (since Fire starters are based so far on the Chinese Zodiac).
Good luck finding a fox or an echidna on a Chinese Zodiac.

Also, seriously, Game Freak? Talonflame. Seriously? That's just two words put together. It's not even a portmanteau or a pun. Next thing you know, we'll have a seal Pokemon named Seel...OH WAIT

Cinesra said:
Rob234111 said:
I also love the idea of switching older pokemon type. Seems a bit silly that jigglypuff can now kick my garchomp's ass, but hey, whatever, I'm not complaining.
Jigglypuff can't kick Garchomp's ass any more than Sunkern can kick Kyogre's ass. Stats and other moves still exist.

It was a joke... I know about stats... what I meant was, it is going to be funny having a little tiny puff ball being super effective against my big ass dragon.

The official release information only refers to Noivern as a bat :p

It's a giant bat named after a Wyvern because it's somewhat dragon-like, in the sense that it is a big, powerful and scary thing with leathery wings. A draconic bat.

I'm so glad that dragon has a new weakness and poison a new strength. I always wanted exactly those two things.

Cinesra said:
Massive post incoming.
Reggie McGigas said:
Just noticing, if the fairy type WAS real, then why would they make one of their legendaries a fairy but not the other. It seems that if fairy was real then they are almost forcing us to pick X and choose Fennekin, so you can get a fairy legendary and a starter that counters it.
Because you totally can't use another Fire, Psychic, Steel, or Poison type against Xerneas. Because you're totally forced to use your starter. Because you totally can't just throw a master ball at it. Also, you complained earlier that Game Freak wouldn't make one legendary have an advantage over the other, but I'm too lazy to go back and quote it. Have you never heard of Ruby and Sapphire?
DNA said:
...this sounds so strange...
Cue bondage rule 34
DNA said:
Silly Nintendo, Kalos is in France, not Germany!
Insert WW2 joke here.
Bogleech said:
It is literally a bat. That is a drawing of a bat. It has a bat body, bat wings, bat head, bat nose and bat ears. It has mammalian fur, eats fruit and has a "noise" theme with the ears stylized into sonar dishes. There cannot possibly be a more bat-based pokemon.

"Wyvern" is a generic term for a dragon. A wyvern has no particular look or style other than being a winged monster.
Actually, wyverns are dragons whose front legs are their wings aka exactly what Noivern looks like. Bats don't have claws, bodies, heads, or necks like wyverns do. They especially don't have long barbed tails. Google image search wyvern and tell me that Noivern doesn't look just as much like a wyvern, if not more than it does a bat. The only ways it's more bat than wyvern are the ears and the fur mane, which don't make it any less wyvern, while the tail and claws make it less bat. Sure it can be partially based on a bat, but it's way more of a wyvern. FFS, it even has -vern in the name.
whoops I accidentally erased your name and am too lazy to search for it or rewrite this massive post[/quote said:
Sounds like crab/crayfish + launcher to me.
You mean claw+launcher
OU Pokemon said:
Yep, now its immune to Outrage, EQ, and is neutral to Rocks. Welcome back to OU, Togekiss.
No, it would still be weak to Rock, sadly. Fairy type has no resistances, just one immunity and two weaknesses.
Frezgle said:
Wait.
You can ride on a Rhydon. You can ride on... Rhydon.
Gdi, Pokemon, I see what you did with that.
It would be funnier if Gamer Freak were an English speaking company or if the pokemon were actually Rhydon, when it's Rhyhorn.
Guest said:
Because team preview is so cheap and so many people depend on it. Just choose your favorite pokemon and have fun battling. Don't stress about winning. It's a game. It's battling in a game.
Plus, taking team preview out is more fair. You have just as much of an advantage as your opponent at all times.
I know this may be hard to believe, but some people have different opinions than you and find competitive battling more fun. It's cool that you have a different opinion, but don't try to force them on people who like something you don't. Also, how in the hell is taking team preview out more fair? You and your opponent can both use it the same amount.
Rob234111 said:
orkoni1 said:
Also I hope the Lion cub stays a Lion-based, bc they Still have to make the Tiger Fire starter in a future gen (since Fire starters are based so far on the Chinese Zodiac).
Good luck finding a fox or an echidna on a Chinese Zodiac.

Also, seriously, Game Freak? Talonflame. Seriously? That's just two words put together. It's not even a portmanteau or a pun. Next thing you know, we'll have a seal Pokemon named Seel...OH WAIT

It's been kind of commonly accepted as far as I know that the Cyndaquil line (Echidna) while not a Mouse is meant to represent the Rodent, and Fennekin is supposed to represent the Dog. I'm not the first to make the connection between the Chinese Zodiac and the Fire starters and it's certainly not a New concept at least not since the 3rd or 4th generation.

I have to say I have never been so hyped about a new Pokémon generation before.

Ze Pokemanz look amazing,and I also like the fact that now they added new dimensions for us to battle in!
Who knows,maybe someday we'll have underground battles o3o
Horde battles are sweet,but God forgive the player that has to battle 5 Zubats at the same time.
Also,Talonflame is now my favourite bird.

"CoroCoro will probably leak tonight!"
why did you have to say that, I have to work in the morning

sleep or pokemon news...

steffenka said:
StrangeState said:

I thought it looked kinda like those macarons from the Victini movies :)

They're called Macaroons and yes, they're amazing. It would make sense, because Macaroons are a popular treat in Paris, France.

Steelia said:
Q - Could you go into detail about how Mewtwo goes in new formes? Would you like him to be in Smash Bros.?
A - Long pauses, lots of laughs. I can't really explain WHAT that Pokemon you're talking about was or if it will appear in other games as well. But with Smash Brothers we always carefully decide which characters we want to add.

They say as they cut Mewtwo and add Jigglypuff to SSBB. You cannot fool me, Game Freak!

Anyway, fun day. Lots of information. Kinda bummed out we didn't see more Pokémon reveals (especially legendaries), but the Sky Battles and especially the Horde Encounters will be fun. Time to abuse HEs for shiny hunting!... maybe.
You are aware that Jigglypuff was in Super Smash Bros before Mewtwo right? Jigglypuff was in all three, Mewtwo was just in Melee.

mikes-ocean-sun said:
I love the designs of Noivern and Talonflame!

Noivern may be my favourite dragon now. It is a badass cross between a bat, dragon and Mickey Mouse! :D

Talonflame is most definitely based on falcons. I believe there will be one more pokemon between Fletchling and Talonflame making talonflame a stage 2 pokemon. The reason for this belief is because Fletchling has one tail stripe and Talonflame has three. Therefore the stage 1 pokemon of the three will have two stripes on its tail.

im pretty sure it will cuz in the main site say
"AN evolved form of the recently announced Fletchling"
instead of THE

Back