(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
kbak12 said:
Scizor isn't even OU in Gen. V, maybe in Gen. IV, but nowhere in Gen. V...
Scizor is too fragile to compete... I never had trouble taking Scizor out. Smogon is not very good when it comes to tiers. Just use a Water / Electric / Ghost Pokemon. They all resist steel...

Scizor is one of the most used pokemon in OU.... It is also by no means fragile.

Momaster12 said:
Jay said:
I have been on some international forums as of late, and the response on their is much more positive than on American-based forums. I think that in the US, and perhaps some other western nations, "fairies" have a stronger connotation of being girly, weak, and "tinker bell"ish than in other nations. In most western media, anything to do with fairies is marketed towards children, namely girls.

I don't think that's the case. I think that people are upset because there is no need for the fairy type.

There's not need for a new ANYTHING in XY, but a new type is possible for the same reasons that new Pokemon are: To get people to buy the games and the merchandise.

Gabacho said:
The same source has posted these attacks:

New move: Belch a Poison-type attack with a base power of 120 but can only be performed if the user is holding a berry and the attack consumes said berry

New move: Draining Kiss a Fairy-type attack which has a base power of 60 and heals user for the same amount that it damages the enemy for

New move: Fairy Dust (fairy), makes the pokemon levitate. Same effect as Magnet Rise.

New move: Rose Thorns (grass), hurts opponents that switch into battle. Same effect as Stealth Rock.

New move: Mirage (psychic), makes you think that the pokemon has been switched by another one in the team, but it hasn't. Similar to Illusion ability.

And for other hand, I've read this in 4chan:

he Male Player Character is named Aaron

The Female Character is Gillian

Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Togepi, Mawile families are being retconned to Fairy. Mawile being Steel/Fairy. Sylveon is Fairy but I didnt think anyone had doubts.

There are 16 new evolutions to past gen Pokemon. Sylveon not included.

Chansey line is still Normal

Gogoat isnt the only Pokemon you can ride on. This applies to most quadripeds (ie: Ponyta, Tauros)

HMs are being cut out of the game. They are now default actions for Pokemon. Birds can fly as well as fish can swim. The HMs still exist as TMs 93-100

The projects are split across many groups. All I know is Mawile has an evolution. Looks like Froslass but darker. She holds her earjaw in both hands like a ponytail.
The attacks listed by the anonymous source sound awesome I seriously hope this guy is legit.

Gabacho said:

New move: Belch a Poison-type attack with a base power of 120 but can only be performed if the user is holding a berry and the attack consumes said berry

New move: Draining Kiss a Fairy-type attack which has a base power of 60 and heals user for the same amount that it damages the enemy for

New move: Fairy Dust (fairy), makes the pokemon levitate. Same effect as Magnet Rise.

New move: Rose Thorns (grass), hurts opponents that switch into battle. Same effect as Stealth Rock.

New move: Mirage (psychic), makes you think that the pokemon has been switched by another one in the team, but it hasn't. Similar to Illusion ability.

Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Togepi, Mawile families are being retconned to Fairy. Mawile being Steel/Fairy. Sylveon is Fairy but I didnt think anyone had doubts.

Gogoat isnt the only Pokemon you can ride on. This applies to most quadripeds (ie: Ponyta, Tauros)

HMs are being cut out of the game. They are now default actions for Pokemon. Birds can fly as well as fish can swim. The HMs still exist as TMs 93-100

The projects are split across many groups. All I know is Mawile has an evolution. Looks like Froslass but darker. She holds her earjaw in both hands like a ponytail.

The HMs thing would be really cool. The attacks sound cool too.

Yesterday, after the new Pokemon were released, my brother and I were on the topic of the new games. We ended up talking about new type speculation. My brother immediately said that the only reason he would want a new type would be to boost Poison, as it is by far the least useful type. Because I used to play the metagame quite a bit, I added that Dragon needed to be nerfed. If this Fairy type is real, I will be absolutely stoked, as it fulfills both wishes.
However, some people disagree that Dragon needs to be nerfed. Here are some solid reasons why it most certainly must be.

WEAKNESS: Ice, Dragon
Dragon types weakness to themselves makes them much more valuable in the metagame, as many other Dragons are commonly used. This makes it so one player can use Dragons to combat the other player's Dragons, making more and more Dragons beneficial to teams.
Their weakness to Ice is easily combated due to the fact that Dragon types can all learn powerful Fire moves such as Flamethrower and Fire Blast. Because of this, Dragons can easily take out Pokemon of the types they are weak to.

BASE STAT TOTALS:
Pretty self explanatory. Many Dragons such as Salamence and Garchomp, who are not even Legendaries, have very high BST. This outclasses other Pokemon that they fight against, especially due to the fact that, as I mentioned before, they really have no "weakness" per-say.

MOVESET:
I touched on this earlier. Dragons can not only learn powerful Dragon type moves, but also Fire, Flying, Water, and others. Their diverse moveset gives them advantages over pretty much any Pokemon that they may encounter.

Fairy type is necessary. End of story.

Gabacho said:

Grass type Stealth Rock wouldn't be as centralizing as Stealth Rock. So many things resist it. I would love for HMs to be taken out of the game. No need to have an HM slave.

Arceus damn it, we already have two Aarons in Pokemon. :/ I hope that's not the male PC's name...

The only problem I have with the name Fairy type is that all the pokemon haters in the world will have more of a reason to hate and make fun of pokemon. Otherwise, I couldn't imagine a more fitting name that didn't sound too complicated. Magic would be too similar to Psychic, Mystic would be interesting but sounds a little too fanmade and still a little similar to psychic, and Light has been speculated since gen 2 so they probably didn't want to base the type off of what was to be expected. And as said previously, fairy has an interesting take on it. I do however think that they should definitely not touch the pokemon that alreay have a dual typing, such as togekiss and celebi. I can't really imagine them completely changing a type, other than adding a new one on to a previously monotype pokemon. I predict that celebi will stay grass/psychic and togekiss normal/flying. After all, it wouldn't be the first time a pokemon didn't look like its type, as much as thy resemble it.
As for the EVs, THANK THA LORD YES. As for dual type attacks.... Thaaats going to be interesting. And at times extremely overpowered. The weakest move will probably KO a pokemon with the right type.I'm sure that if they did this, there would probably be a very select few. I wonder if they would change old moves for this, such as scald to water/fire. But to the poster that said it would be too complicated, I'm sure that's exactly what GF wants, or else they wouldnt do it. It makes things interesting for competitive battlers and gives the older fanbase more to work with.
This is all assuming that this information is true, of course. But honestly I think we have enough reason to believe it is. I always say that if its on Pokebeach, its legit. I can't remember a time when WPM has been wrong before and wouldn't post anything he didn't think had at least some truth to it. :p Of course I am taking the belief warnings to heart though, so I am going to remain at least a little cautious.

(As a side note, I would love to see this extra info he didn't post too)

Imagine if Smogon implements some new clause that only allows you to choose Rose Thorns OR Stealth Rock, not both. I can see Solar Power Charizard getting a rise in usage if Rose Thorns becomes more common...

Just so we're clear, the guy on Gamefaqs is NOT my source. I received the first of my information back in February, he posted his on Gamefaqs a few weeks ago. The guy on Gamefaqs just copy and pasted the posts my source made on some forums back in March and is trying to troll everyone. Any additional stuff he's saying is just made up. After I told the source back in February that I didn't want to post his stuff just yet, he went around posting his info on other forums and obviously convinced people of his credentials there too. The guy on Gamefaqs saw his post and c/p'd it, which is why in his post from a few weeks ago, he acknowledged the original source's credentials. The guy knows nothing more than what the source posted back in February. He knows nothing more than what you guys know in having seen what I posted from the original guy. If the Gamefaqs guy was the real source, he'd be showing off some English Pokemon names too. But he's not, and he's not even in open communication with the original source.

Also, to reiterate about the Smash games, we can't really say one way or the other if their antics was meant to be serious or real. If I were looking into it, I would think it would mean something, but other people I've talked to who watch the show on a regular basis wrote it off even as it was airing (even my BFF Serebii). We'll have to wait for next week to see if they continue the game. Even if you think their games mean something, it would still mean there is a new type since the only type weak to Poison is Grass and Leafeon has already taken that spot. Whether or not the type being strong against Ice is questionable too just because of the fact Ice already has FOUR weaknesses (Fighting, Rock, Fire, Steel). I don't mean to write off the show's games just yet, and I'm not trying to downplay it just because it doesn't fit with what the source said, I'm just saying that we need more data, need to see if they'll continue the games, and if the way they play those games will change our interpretation of the ones from this week. As far as I'm concerned Smash hasn't smashed anything yet.

Also it's Mothers Day so everyone get off the damn Internet and go show your moms how much you love them. Five years ago today we were revealing Pokemon Platinum information and another webmaster decided to go on an attack campaign and use the entire day to attack me in chat rooms and on other forums. He got his members to do so as well. I was so upset I couldn't even concentrate on Mother's Day and left my grandma's house to deal with the issue. It ended up being the last time I saw my grandmother before she passed away. It was my fault for being glued to the net, but still, we should take every opportunity we can to be with our loved ones. SO GET OFF THE INTERNET TODAY AND WE CAN RESUME TALKING ABOUT HOW STUPID WPM AND POKEBEACH ARE FOR POSTING THESE RUMORS TOMORROW. <3

(To the above posters about being the only one to like Fairy, not letting me quote posts on my phone for whatever reason)
There are lots of people all over the thread who like it. I particularly like that dragon won't be so OP anymore. I've been anticipating it since I first laid eyes on Sylveon. Or, rather, I referred to it as Light at first and then simply new type or Fairy. I bounced between that and Flying for a while, supporting evidence for both really. In the end though, before this info was released, I ended up being 80% new type and then this happens. :p
I'm (not so) secretly relishing that all of the previous nonbelievers are now believing when I stuck to it from the start. They all said it was unnecessary, had no evidence, and was just stupid. Some said they were waiting for this corocoro release so that there would finally be an end to all the "stupid" speculation. Muahaha. (Yeah... Sorry. I'm just happy)
Of course, again, this is assuming its all true and I'm going to look like an idiot if it isnt. xD

Edit: @ WPM: While you have a good point, I'm not even at my moms currently, soo... XP But will be later today. Also, very sorry for your loss.

Zielo said:
(To the above posters about being the only one to like Fairy, not letting me quote posts on my phone for whatever reason)
There are lots of people all over the thread who like it. I particularly like that dragon won't be so OP anymore. I've been anticipating it since I first laid eyes on Sylveon. Or, rather, I referred to it as Light at first and then simply new type or Fairy. I bounced between that and Flying for a while, supporting evidence for both really. In the end though, before this info was released, I ended up being 80% new type and then this happens. :p
I'm secretly relishing that all of the previous nonbelievers are now believing when I stuck to it from the start. They all said it was unnecessary, had no evidence, and was just stupid. Some said they were waiting for this corocoro release so that there would finally be an end to all the "stupid" speculation. Muahaha.
Of course, again, this is assuming its all true and I'm going to look like an idiot if it isnt. xD

I can get behind the Fairy-typing because we could finally get a fast, powerful type to take down Dragons without the tediousness of raising a Dragon-type up, or tugging with the most of the slow Ice-types (excluding Sneasel/Weavile, Glaceon and maybe Froslass).

I'm curious, WPM, when you said, "Even my BFF Serebii," was that supposed to be read with sarcasm, or are you guys really close friends? That would be really cool if you guys are considering your websites are the only websites I check.

Sorry for being off topic. I'll go spend the day with my mom now.

Gabacho said:
The Male Player Character is named Aaron

I'm sorry, but you seem to have misspelled Xavier and Yvette. ;)

But seriously if the names don't start with X/Y I'll be dissapointed.

I just hope they do away with HM moves(outside of battle). They are really annoying and although once a staple have outlived there luster. It would be so much cooler if we had to collect items. For example, instead of using a Pokemon to climb mountains we should have to get rock climbing gear and instead of cut we should get to use a sword lol. Surf, fly and strength can stay, we should get a hammer to use rock smash! YES!

Zielo said:
The only problem I have with the name Fairy type is that all the pokemon haters in the world will have more of a reason to hate and make fun of pokemon. Otherwise, I couldn't imagine a more fitting name that didn't sound too complicated. Magic would be too similar to Psychic, Mystic would be interesting but sounds a little too fanmade and still a little similar to psychic, and Light has been speculated since gen 2 so they probably didn't want to base the type off of what was to be expected. And as said previously, fairy has an interesting take on it. I do however think that they should definitely not touch the pokemon that alreay have a dual typing, such as togekiss and celebi. I can't really imagine them completely changing a type, other than adding a new one on to a previously monotype pokemon. I predict that celebi will stay grass/psychic and togekiss normal/flying. After all, it wouldn't be the first time a pokemon didn't look like its type, as much as thy resemble it.
As for the EVs, THANK THA LORD YES. As for dual type attacks.... Thaaats going to be interesting. And at times extremely overpowered. The weakest move will probably KO a pokemon with the right type.I'm sure that if they did this, there would probably be a very select few. I wonder if they would change old moves for this, such as scald to water/fire. But to the poster that said it would be too complicated, I'm sure that's exactly what GF wants, or else they wouldnt do it. It makes things interesting for competitive battlers and gives the older fanbase more to work with.
This is all assuming that this information is true, of course. But honestly I think we have enough reason to believe it is. I always say that if its on Pokebeach, its legit. I can't remember a time when WPM has been wrong before and wouldn't post anything he didn't think had at least some truth to it. :p Of course I am taking the belief warnings to heart though, so I am going to remain at least a little cautious.

(As a side note, I would love to see this extra info he didn't post too)

Pokemon would have been so much cooler if they never gave it the name Pokemon. They should have left it at Pocket Monsters. Don't feel bad, even Zelda has fairies lol

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
But seriously if the names don't start with X/Y I'll be dissapointed.

Hilda_and_Hilbert.jpg

vinnie22 said:
I just hope they do away with HM moves(outside of battle). They are really annoying and although once a staple have outlived there luster. It would be so much cooler if we had to collect items. For example, instead of using a Pokemon to climb mountains we should have to get rock climbing gear and instead of cut we should get to use a sword lol. Surf, fly and strength can stay, we should get a hammer to use rock smash! YES!

No, just no

They should make multiplayer possible. It would be like teaming up with someone in in the game. You would need to establish an infrared connection, and then select a leader, who would control movement. Then, you would select the three Pokemon you would use. Only Pokemon of levels you can "control" would be allowed, and this only works in routes, not cities or gyms or the Elite Four.

Whether Blissey changes type is key here from a competitive standpoint (and without knowing what gen 6 will add), all the other guessed changes won't make much of a difference.
Fairy being weak to Poison is a really poor buff and wont really affect usage of its moves unless something hard to take down becomes weak to it.

Blissey being weak to Poison and Steel while laughing at Dragons? That's it. No more "just throw a physical fighting move at it", you will want either a Poison or Steel move on an offensive pokemon in your team. I love the thought!

Blissey is not changing type guys. Regardless of what you may think, GF does pay attention to competitive trends (one look at Fairy's type matchups will make this obvious) and will not give Blissey the ability to crush all the dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back