(1) Shigeki Morimoto to Appear on January 6th’s ‘Pokemon Smash’ [12/31]

The Pikachu Mafia said:
unless they were working on the 6th gen while they were working on BW2, then they could probably get it out like any other game...

Wouldn't surprise me. That's typically what they do.

Well, we'll see. I certainly hope they will announce something big, though. Otherwise it will be a total letdown.

If this announcement regards anything with Generation 6 not being backwards compatible with Generation 5 and other Generations prior to it like just a flat out technological reboot to the franchise like what Game Freak did back in Generation 2 going into Generation 3 then that will be it for Pokemon video games for me, hope I'm wrong though.

Card Slinger J said:
If this announcement regards anything with Generation 6 not being backwards compatible with Generation 5 and other Generations prior to it like just a flat out technological reboot to the franchise like what Game Freak did back in Generation 2 going into Generation 3 then that will be it for Pokemon video games for me, hope I'm wrong though.

I would just be so angry. I have always been a bit worried that something like this would happen again as it did in Generation 3 fingers crossed it doesn't. Anyways I hope Game Freak does things right with this or they might lose a loyal fan:(

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
I would just be so angry. I have always been a bit worried that something like this would happen again as it did in Generation 3 fingers crossed it doesn't. Anyways I hope Game Freak does things right with this or they might lose a loyal fan:(

If worse comes to worse Generation 6 isn't backwards compatible then I could just pull a MTGXerxes and stick with Generation 5 where as in his case he stuck with Generation 4 cause he was really disappointed with the Unova Pokemon designs, to each his own I guess. I like Generation 5 better than Generation 4 because it's a much faster game engine but that's just me...

I could imagine people boycotting Generation 6 If it isn't backwards compatible with other Pokemon games, but don't expect to get any new Mystery Gifts or cool access to Wi-Fi Events If that ends up happening. I don't think Nintendo and Game Freak will let us down on this announcement whatever it may be and If it does then maybe it was for the best I suppose. Only 6 more days...

God I hope the eventual Generation 6 isn't backwards compatible. It's ridiculous that Pokemon from the GBA games are still usable at all... With the Dream World and Hidden Grottos, I don't see why that's even a necessity anymore, they can release almost every Pokemon they want anyway. (Aside from Starters and Legendaries, but HGSS show how many can be crammed into one game. ;p) At the very least, they shouldn't be usable in official play or required for, say, Egg Moves, in any eventual Gen 6. >.> Stuff like Gen 3 Tutors and Emerald's cloning glitch screw with a lot of stuff.

Card Slinger J said:
I really hope this actually happens. That would be sweet and bring back my motivation to catch them all again, not just transfer them from old games. That SUCKS.

RiverShock said:
God I hope the eventual Generation 6 isn't backwards compatible. It's ridiculous that Pokemon from the GBA games are still usable at all... With the Dream World and Hidden Grottos, I don't see why that's even a necessity anymore, they can release almost every Pokemon they want anyway. (Aside from Starters and Legendaries, but HGSS show how many can be crammed into one game. ;p) At the very least, they shouldn't be usable in official play or required for, say, Egg Moves, in any eventual Gen 6. >.> Stuff like Gen 3 Tutors and Emerald's cloning glitch screw with a lot of stuff.

Actually, backward compatibility is very helpful. Besides, every new Gen has some form of backward compatibility in order to help people catching every Pokemon. The DW and Grottoes most certainly don't have everything. So it's either that or giving us a game where we can catch everything. which I doubt.

I have a feeling that if we get a gen VI, then it would have a poketransfer system like B/W/B2/W2, where you need a 3ds and a ds/another 3ds to transfer pokemon. I don't know about you guys, but I enjoy being able to transfer my first starter ever through the generations into my most recent game.

I have to agree with ChillBill and The Pikachu Mafia on this. I love being able to send my Pokémon over to the newer games. I personally would be super upset if they decided to not make Generation 6 backward compatable with the Generation 5 Games.

Charizard3712 said:
I'm pretty sure we are getting a wii game or a wii u Pokemon game.

If we do I really hope it is some kind of real-time game, instead of the current taking turns version. It's getting old.

Colossuem was nice. Having something like you could hit twice in a row (depending of the speed)/evade attacks you mean?

I would actually rather have a Wii U game that's similar to Colosseum/XD.
Maybe if we're extra lucky they'll announce a new Wii U game AND a pair of 3DS 6th Gen games or 3rd Gen remakes, highly unlikely though; one can dream.

They need to stop with games like Stadium and Battle Revolution, they're little more than glorified DLC whose only real purpose is to offer the cheap thrill of battling on the big screen. I'd like to see a spiritual sequel to Colosseum/XD, although it's going to need some improvements. First of all, don't make it so you have to rely on Shadow Pokemon all them time, there needs to be plenty of wild Pokemon to catch. Second, the region needs to be interconnected. There needs to be routes and dungeons across the region and not just a bunch of isolated cities and secret lairs and stuff. Third, make most of the battles Single Battles.

Lumos77 said:
Charizard3712 said:
I'm pretty sure we are getting a wii game or a wii u Pokemon game.

If we do I really hope it is some kind of real-time game, instead of the current taking turns version. It's getting old.

Flygon2071 said:
Colossuem was nice. Having something like you could hit twice in a row (depending of the speed)/evade attacks you mean?

I think he meant something more along the lines of PRB or LoZ where you just attack at will as does your opponent with no turn system. However that would kind of change pokemon from an RPG to an action/adventure game :|

Also I think that a wiiU game would be great, but they wont do it until after they release the 6th gen imo.

Card Slinger J said:

The only reason why G3 wasn't backwards compatible is because the completely revamped the games, the stat system had a complete overhaul.
G6 had better be backwards compatible, because then all the EV trained mons are useless.

Back