(1) Several New ‘X Collection’ and ‘Y Collection’ Cards Revealed! [11/14]

arulz

THE SEEKER
skarmory ex and emolga ex revealed!

aaand they're horrible

EDIT okay skarmory isn't totally horrible, but emolga sure is

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Get%E2%98%86TV_promotes_new_Pok%C3%A9mon-EX:_Skarmory-EX%2C_Emolga-EX

Wow, an Emolga EX? They just keep surprising us. Yeah, it's pretty bad, but if Yveltal EX becomes a thing, it's not a bad counter.

Skarmory is like a cross between Groudon EX and and Escavilier from Dark Explorers. At least it hits for weakness, taking care of those darn Kyurems.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
The Skarmory-EX honestly is not that bad. A little clunky, sure, but so are most EXs. I don't know what to say about Emolga other than it's a coward.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Skarmory doesn't seem too bad for a Klinklang deck - especially with Registeel. Triple Laser + Drilling Driver + Muscle Band = 170. Enough to KO a lot of EX's in one hit. Triple Laser/Drilling Driver is also enough to KO a lot of non EX attackers, such as Blastoise, Reshiram, Empoleon and Bouffalant (Kyurem and Absol are already easy to OHKO). Joust is just okay. G Booster is a huge problem for Klinklang, so Joust paired with an N could be deadly for Genesect. I think this card is proof that they can't make really good Metal EX's, otherwise they'd be broken.

Emolga is... eh. It's not the worst EX, but only because it has decent typing. It's the only good Lightning type that only takes 1 Lightning Energy to attack, other than Zekrom PLF.

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
So Muscle Band is like a Dark Claw that can work on any type of Pokemon? I think it's safe to say that's going to be a huge card.

arulz

THE SEEKER
yeah and if they ever make a good fairy type ex skarmory will be super effective against them, too.

honestly the way they've been making ex's lately, skarmory's attack would usually take 4 energies. Good for them for finally making it the magic number 3. (nothing above three is generally usable).

Emolga has dreadful HP for an EX...why wouldn't you just use Zekrom from BW? More HP and more damage. Heck it has the same HP as our old friend Thundurus from EP, and emolga only does 10 more damage with the same one energy discard, AND the drawback of being an EX! It's first attack is only marginally better than thundurus' charge. Sigh. Honestly that card seems like a blatant ripoff of thundurus from EP, except EX and verrrry slightly better. Idk what they were going for there.

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
Does that mean where not getting Charizard EX and Mega Charizard EX? If so, that really sucks because both the ex's they made are complete rubbish and will never see play

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
I cant believe it tho. They couldn't had charizard, blastoise, and venusaur in the same set, but they screwed it up in decided to put skarmory and emolga, which they are a waste of print because they both suck

arulz

THE SEEKER
considering they probably would have put charizard on the pack art that we've already seen, it doesn't surprise me that they're not in the set.

I wonder if they'll make a new Mewtwo EX for when they make the Mega Mewtwo EX cards.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
We already knew there were only 2 Megas in this set... Assuming Charizard would be here was... Unrealistic.