(1) September's 'CoroCoro' Scans Apparently Leaking [9/10]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@elite - I was wondering the same thing, but type "pokemon sunday september 12" in Google (not "11" as it is the 12th in Japan), and then click on the jungle site ;)

"Hey if u need convincing a few years back i tried making my own fake ROMs with my own Fakemon, (took too much time what with school and stuff but...)
a link for my Fakemon List: http://rickraptor77.deviantart.com/art/U...t-74101337

I came up with 150+ completely original Fakemon easily, and these guys at Game Freak keep re-using species just so that they can "maintain their new ecosystem..." "

All I see on your list are names (I lol'd at "Strongkong" though I understand it's hard to come up with unique names) and typings with the species/w.e that is.
They have to draw artwork and sprites, come up with movesets, abilities, base stats, how much ep/exp the Pokemon gives, Pokedex entries along with the locations of the Pokemon and your chance of fighting them in those areas, their cries, etc etc.

They also need to to make these Pokemon likeable so they won't lose their fanbase. They need cute squirrel/mouse/penguin Pokemon in their anime to appeal to kids/girls lol.

There's just so much that goes into it. It's not just: "Let's make a Chimera and name it Chimeramon and have it be Fire/Dark type!"
Their designs have to look and feel like a Pokemon and have to fit into the Pokemon world.
I understand your complaints, but it's really not that easy otherwise we'd be getting like 300+ Pokemon with each gen. (My post may be a lot of BS, but I am trying to think logically here rather than say: "I can easily come up with thousands of Fakemon, so they should be able to make 10,000!").

No kidding. But eh, evil teams make for bad stories and god awful repetition in the games to the point where it gets tiresome and boring fighting the same weak henchmen for up to nearly 45 times.

In my honest opinion I figure that what the creators want is for game players to have a sense of "familiarisation", I agree that yes, change is a good thing, but if it changes too much, that feeling goes away and it becomes an entirely different thing.
What I *think* they were going for is it to feel like Pokémon game, but they also want it to be a new learning experience.
An example, reusing familiar plot devices such as another evil team bent on world takeover or redesigning *common* animal species, even though there are plenty more they could have experimented with.
But I do agree it grows stale overtime.

Either way I have no complaints other than a few aspects of the wi-fi system.
I still can't wait, and these scans make me even more excited~

Yeah, I favor it more than I did before. So? If two people draw a picture of the same thing, I am allowed to favor one image more than the other.
I'm afraid that wasn't your point. You are arguing that the "same character" is more likable when better art of it comes out. Not if one image can be favored over the other. Yeah, the official art looks better. The overall design is however, still the same. Just because it's a higher quality image does not make the overall design "superior" just because.

so your telling me that you didn't find it interesting at all when you fought dialga and palkia? the epic music?

Not at all since I played platinum. :p

But really, the stories are never good, so I can't find ANYTHING remotely interesting just because it has "epic music" or what not. After dealing with a tiring evil team, what makes you think I could care about fighting legendaries? Especially since the ones in Gen 4 are absolutely atrocious in design and concept.

In my honest opinion I figure that what the creators want is for game players to have a sense of "familiarisation", I agree that yes, change is a good thing, but if it changes too much, that feeling goes away and it becomes an entirely different thing.
There should be a limit though. Do we really need another evil team? I'm sure there's better ways of making "conflict" as a story point in pokemon games. Hell, take a tip from the comics/manga and make one of the elite four a genocidal maniac and you have to beat him in the league to stop him :p.

But something other than evil teams >_<

What I *think* they were going for is it to feel like Pokémon game, but they also want it to be a new learning experience.
learning experience? :p

Kidding, but I see where you're coming. Then again, not a whole is that different from the past games. They're going about it a different way, yes.

An example, reusing familiar plot devices such as another evil team bent on world takeover or redesigning *common* animal species, even though there are plenty more they could have experimented with.
But I do agree it grows stale overtime.

I don't have much of a problem with taking older mons and giving them plastic surgery. It's evil teams :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back