(1) Second 'Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice' Trailer [11/10]

I rather prefer the Japanese pronunciation than the pronunciations that Pokedex 3D Pro uses.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the movie, hopefully it's an improvement from the last one.

Liked the animation, but what the rock was that orb thing Keldeo kept firing? I only understood the sacred sword, razor leaf, hydro pump, and all that

It's still weird hearing Edward Elric as Keldeo, but Virizion's voice is nice. The animation was a bit... slow? here and there, but overall it looked alright.

Well, of course they're going with the pronunciations they established in 3D Pro, you can't just suddenly change the pronunciation of a word.

don()shinobi said:
Well, of course they're going with the pronunciations they established in 3D Pro, you can't just suddenly change the pronunciation of a word.

Arceus in Battle Revolution.

Water Pokémon Master said:
don()shinobi said:

That had a valid excuse; Arceus wasn't officially revealed (anywhere) when PBR was released. Genius Sonority made it, not Gamefreak, and considering the game was likely rushed, they likely didn't bother to get a correct pronunciation. The announcer sounds very unenthusiastic as well, so factor that in to why the correct pronunciation isn't in PBR.

don()shinobi said:
Water Pokémon Master said:

That had a valid excuse; Arceus wasn't officially revealed (anywhere) when PBR was released. Genius Sonority made it, not Gamefreak, and considering the game was likely rushed, they likely didn't bother to get a correct pronunciation. The announcer sounds very unenthusiastic as well, so factor that in to why the correct pronunciation isn't in PBR.

None of your reasoning is correct. It doesn't matter who made the game - TPCi still received it and dubbed it. Genius Sorority doesn't have any say in how the names are pronounced in English. The announcer doesn't sound anymore enthusiastic or unenthusiastic than any other Pokemon IMO. And people would still be playing PBR when Arceus was released, so it's not like they just decided to do a bad job with recording its name compared to other Pokemon. If they were following that reasoning, why even put it into the game?

It's more likely TPCi just wasn't consistent or decided to change the pronunciation when they dubbed the Arceus movie ("hey guys, doesn't 'ar-cee-iss' make more sense since it has an arc thing on it?"). To make up for the mismatch, they even said in Pokemon.com's mailbag that both pronunciations are correct.

*sigh* Figures you wouldn't get what I was trying to say. Shouldn't have even bothered responding. >_>

LOL, don't be discouraged. I get shot down all the time for things I say. If you think I'm not understanding you, you don't just give up, you keep trying to make me understand (unless you're just saying that because you think you were wrong too, lol).

Didn't the last movie have a limited run in theaters? I'm guessing they're skipping that this time around?

Well, it did say to watch it on Cartoon Network on December 8th at the end of the trailer, which most likely means no limited run.

TPCi and their stupid pronounciations... I'll just keep saying them like the Japanese because that's also how the names sound in my language.

TPCi

y u ruin pronunciation?

In all seriousness, TPCi needs better dubbers. These pronunciations are terrible.

Back