(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

Ah I see. So the chestnut armor was sort of a cocoon which cracks open to reveal the drastically changed chesnaught. The shell stays on for defense. Love it. Love greninja now. Indifferent about the fox.

Bogleech said:
1. Any social site huh? Well explain to me why there are none on pokebeach? I have seen none. At all!

"Social site" is usually understood to mean sites like tumblr, facebook, twitter or blogspot where there are millions of people.

6. It's immature child like namecalling that people should be ashamed of.

What "name calling" did I ever do? I called a pokemon design furry-like and I called a behavior babyish, and complaining angrily about how much you hate a design in a video game is the most babyish thing I can even imagine.

It is literally anger at how a toy looks. We're talking about virtual creatures that exist to be played with.

If you don't like the toy with the big tongue or with the ear hair there's more than 600 different toys available from the same company, catering to as many different tastes as possible, which is the whole appeal of Pokemon to begin with :)

Im lookin' on twitter and it has exploded with the final starter info.
Nothin' i tried fenniken, fenniken fanart and fenniken evo fanart and nothing.

You were calling people who didn't like Delphox's design furries under the thought that they were complaining about it not fitting their "furry fantasy".
That's how i took it at least.

It seems more like passive agressive disliking more than anger.

You do make a point about how the starters are 9 pokemon compared to the rest.

Tatertot said:
Could someone explain to me how Quiladin and Chesnaught are related? I'm not seeing the connection. The claws changed colors, the faces changed colors...where did all the brown go? What's up with the complete stylistic change of its face? Why the mummy legs? If someone could give me a definitive biological or intuitive reason why Chesnaught looks the way it does after coming from something like Quiladin, I'm sure I'd like it more. Granted, it does look pretty B.A., but I'm not seeing the connection.

Me neither. I think it might be fake.

God damn it I knew I would be spoiled.....fudge IT.
I like Chespins final evolution, I like Greninja too. Don't know how I feel about that.....fox.

Tatertot said:
cookymonster760 said:
I have one its a drawing dont try to find some scientific explanations

I hope you know that GF puts much more effort into their designs than that, and everything is there for a reason. They've more or less confirmed this in multiple interviews, referencing the months of concept art and design it takes in crafting the perfect look for a pokemon. They also have demonstrated that they rely heavily on real world biology, architecture, and folklore in creating the pokemon world. They sent research teams to France to find the perfect looks for Kalos. Therefore, it wouldn't make any sort of sense for them to haphazardly throw a design onto paper for Chespin's evo and call it good. Chespin is one of the key advertising tools they've been relying on this generation, so it would hold that they would put even more consideration into his design than, say, Spritzee or Noivern. (Both are great pokemon, but are not as important from a marketing standpoint as Chespin and Chesnaught).
I totally understand what you mean but it all boils down to what the creator thinks is good remember they know what they are doing dont be so quick to judge when all you have to judge is just one little out of focus picture, you dont know the back ground of the pokemon why it evolved that way, why does he needs those spikes for. we dont know all that stuff so reserve judgment until all the facts are out then decide if the pokemon makes sense or not

Greninja has the most chance of being the final froakie evolution, Delphox look ugly, it isn't really believable enough, Whoever photoshopped Chestnaught is very good, but he is obviously fake, What resemblance does he have to Quallidin??? Hawlucha is most likely real because you cant photoshop something you have never seen! The bottom screen picture of hawlucha makes it Believable, Binacle is a 50/50 I reckon.

Before anyone hates on Fennekin's Final Evolution...
the_fire_mage_by_sareii-d6ozddg.png
Sareii from Deviantart

Opinions on the final Evos:
Delphox: Probably my Least Favorite (I still like it but not as much as the others)
Chesnaught: ... Chose Chespin from the start.... love him til' the end #NoRegrets (Bought Team Chespin Shirt)
Greninja: I'll live with it, Didn't like him at the start but he's growing on me now with his tongue<---#MileyCyrusCantStopWontStop

Anyone Disagree/Agree? I respect any comments :3

cookymonster760 said:
Tatertot said:
I hope you know that GF puts much more effort into their designs than that, and everything is there for a reason. They've more or less confirmed this in multiple interviews, referencing the months of concept art and design it takes in crafting the perfect look for a pokemon. They also have demonstrated that they rely heavily on real world biology, architecture, and folklore in creating the pokemon world. They sent research teams to France to find the perfect looks for Kalos. Therefore, it wouldn't make any sort of sense for them to haphazardly throw a design onto paper for Chespin's evo and call it good. Chespin is one of the key advertising tools they've been relying on this generation, so it would hold that they would put even more consideration into his design than, say, Spritzee or Noivern. (Both are great pokemon, but are not as important from a marketing standpoint as Chespin and Chesnaught).
I totally understand what you mean but it all boils down to what the creator thinks is good remember they know what they are doing dont be so quick to judge when all you have to judge is just one little out of focus picture, you dont know the back ground of the pokemon why it evolved that way, why does he needs those spikes for. we dont know all that stuff so reserve judgment until all the facts are out then decide if the pokemon makes sense or not
You basically just proved my point. I don't know the background of the pokemon. That's what I'm asking for. I'm not passing judgement, I'm asking why Nintendo made the choices they did. If we can understand the logic better, it will help us understand the pokemon better (like when everyone was all in an uproar about Greninja not having bubbles. There turned out to be a perfectly clear biological exanation for this, and now most people are ok with him.)

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the final forms of the 6th generation starters.
Obviously it was their intention to throw us all off with the transfer from 2nd - 3rd stage. haha
They've done it before. ie Oshowott/Dewott/samurott

Now if by some miracle all of these are inaccurate, I will be jumping for joy. haha
The starter that I'm most impressed by is Greninja. Which is surprising to me because Froakie/Frodadier came in at #3 for me.
I'm still having difficulty understanding how the amazing Braixen evolved into the not horrible but still disappointing Delphox
An I really don't even know what Chestnaught is. lol

So I guess my choice of starter is ultimately between Froakie & Fennekin.
The positive part of choosing froakie is that Charizard will most DEF. be in my team. The negative is Fennekin & Braixen won't. :'(
UGHHHH DECISIONS DECISIONS! lool

zuMvGAk.jpg

This just got posted over at NeoGAF, didn't see it in the last few pages, so just thought I'd share...

Tatertot said:
cookymonster760 said:
You basically just proved my point. I don't know the background of the pokemon. That's what I'm asking for. I'm not passing judgement, I'm asking why Nintendo made the choices they did. If we can understand the logic better, it will help us understand the pokemon better (like when everyone was all in an uproar about Greninja not having bubbles. There turned out to be a perfectly clear biological exanation for this, and now most people are ok with him.)
Then I rushed to judgement sorry about that you were right all along

nightkeeper said:
Every generation comes with an unlimited number of possibilities. It's exciting to some that new Pokemon could be revealed that appeal to them. Some people get a little more emotionally invested, some people don't really care. When evolutions don't live up to what they could have, it can be a bit upsetting.

I think you mean, when evolutions don't live up to what you had in your brain. Because I'm certainly grateful that the starters' final evos lived up to more than the boring fan art that was always being passed around. And it's silly that you're excited for the unlimited possibilities of a new generation, and then express nothing but hate when the most linear, unimaginative possibilities are passed over for more unexpected ones.

It's frustrating to me as a pokemon fan to see quality designs short-sold because someone wanted something different. I wanted a flying plague doctor Spritzee evolution and a manticore Litleo evolution and a quadripedal Fennekin evolution, but when I didn't get those things, I looked at the actual pokemon and appreciated them by their own merits. It's not hard.

It's good that you have your own opinions, just stop talking about the pokemon you dislike as if they're objectively bad and a waste of potential. There is nothing rigorous about your critique of them.

I dunno, having seen all three of the Starter final evolutions, I'm not a huge fan of any of them really. All of the first forms were really good, and even the middle evolutions! (when most middle evolutions are the worst stage of their families IMO) were pretty good, but then the final forms are just really blah at best. Thankfully I like Delphox the most, considering I'm picking Fennekin.

Oh, screw the designs! I decided I'm gonna love every single Pokemon and enjoy the games like the 1st generation.
Helloooo, Delphox. I'm gonna make you so evil, people are gonna cry :3

So...

Defensive Grass/ Fighting
Specially based Fire/ Psychic
Speedy Water/ Dark

With the theme of Warrior, Mage and Thief, I think I really like them! :D

Greninja looks the coolest, but I am sure that once I get a better look at Chesnaught, I will love it more.
Delphox... Okay. I expected better.

Gr8Ampharos said:
Before anyone hates on Fennekin's Final Evolution...
the_fire_mage_by_sareii-d6ozddg.png
Sareii from Deviantart

It looks like a more detailed version of Combusken. Maybe it's the pose.

The last evolution of Froakie looks robotic and kinda separated from its previous two forms in terms of its aesthetics.

The only problem i have with chesnaught is that its weaknessess, grass is weak to Bug, Flying, Fire, Ice and Poisen. Fighting is weak to Fairy, Psychic and freaking flying. Poisen, flying, bug, psychic and fairy resist fighting types and bug, dragon, steel, fire, flying, grass, and poisen resist grass. so wtf?

SO if Fire one ended up being Fire/Physic and the grass being Grass/Fighting, does that mean Geninja is water/dark? It would make sense for a NINJA to be the dark pokemon (being in the shadow and all).

godzilla41 said:
SO if Fire one ended up being Fire/Physic and the grass being Grass/Fighting, does that mean Geninja is water/dark? It would make sense for a NINJA to be the dark pokemon (being in the shadow and all).

Greninja has been confirmed as Water/Dark

Back