(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

Rhyz said:
garbodorable said:
I'm getting a very Grass/Steel vibe from that

Grass/Fighting

http://i.imgur.com/XhTADcl.jpg

This is pretty shakey, but it shows the fighting symbol. Also there are different versions. Perhaps based on gender.

Is that name "Chesnaught" that I'm seeing??

Because if so that's like immediately my favourite pokemon name from this gen

WitherSnow said:
Scrooge said:
Here is a larger picture that confirms his typing.
1380751331199.jpg

All it says is $chan.org in a big font.
Is it REALLY that hard to use the image button?!

nightkeeper said:
URGENT MESSAGE TO THE POKEMON COMPANY:

You have lost my respect. I will buy your games, but I will abandon the starter and comeback with my Mega Charizard X and convert it into a pile of freaking ashes.

Anyone who hates Greninja and/or Delphox, I encourage you to join my rebellion that will dedicate every ounce of our beings seeking justice for Froakie fanart everywhere.

#Team Gallantoad. Never forget.

On a less life-threatening note, Mega Evolutions may be the only redeeming quality of this game.

sigh. Im sorry too but there comes a time where we have to move on.
Team gallantoad. Always.

Greninja said:
Hahahahaha, hahahaha, hahahahaha!
You and what army?
Our ninja frogs will defeat your Mega Charizard X, and then eat it for breakfast.

Seriously though, how do you not like that? It's a dark ninja frog. It follows traits given off by Frogadier.
How DARE Greninja follow real life biology, where frogs lose their bubbles as they mature!
How DARE Game Freak use creative and innovative design and have a Pokemon that follows traits given off by its pre-evo!
Geez, Game Freak is so lame, they made two starters bad in my opinion, therefore X and Y are completely and totally bad!

Listen to yourself.

I think you are trying to twist his words a bit.

Bogleech said:
URGENT MESSAGE TO THE POKEMON FANDOM:

Every generation has a hundred or more pokemon in it for you to choose from and you need to stop throwing babyish tantrums every time one of them doesn't look the way it would have looked in your generic, predictable fantasies.

The starters are not the be-all end-all most important part of the game. I've never even kept ONE. Ever. NONE of the starters have ever been quite interesting enough for any team I've ever made. WHO CARES? They're nothing but a convenient option in-game and marketing mascots.

I cannot believe how mad some of you are over how TWO evolution lines turned out, especially considering they turned out in highly unpredictable ways, which is inherently better. Always. It means creativity and variety.

What most people wanted for fennekin's final evo was awful. God. Awful. It was nothing but some japanime furry fetish-fantasy. Its actual evolution is about the most interesting thing they could have done with what was otherwise looking like another ripoff of Lucario.

Fan ideas for Froakie's final evo, meanwhile, were all just slightly beefed-up versions of its second evolution. I'm amazed you all rooted so heavily for something so bland and redundant.

This is exactly like every other starter evo ever revealed. Everyone hated Oshawott's because it didn't look exactly like the first two stages. Boo-hoo.

I remember people wanting Fenniken to turn into a witch fox type of poke. Calling them furries is just fricking childish.
Maybe people care more about the designs of their first pokemon more than you do.
You call us out but you call people names and spout bullshit!

Scrooge said:
1380753829570.jpg
How can you hate this face.I am loving all the starters evolutions.

Oh im sorry. Can't see it.
(IMAGE BUTTON + URL+?=CLEAR IMAGE!!!
Maybe THAT will get people to start doing that.

nightkeeper said:
All of this optimism is depressing :/

Dude. You gotta grow up a bit.
Also suddenly turning optimistic is how people are coping with it.
Before.
Greninja sucks. I don't like it.
After:
Greninja looks cool. Im starting to appriciate him a bit more.
I did click image and put the url lol I can see it just fine.
Also I have always liked Greninja.
Gallantoad was boring.

Bogleech said:
URGENT MESSAGE TO THE POKEMON FANDOM:

Every generation has a hundred or more pokemon in it for you to choose from and you need to stop throwing babyish tantrums every time one of them doesn't look the way it would have looked in your generic, predictable fantasies.

The starters are not the be-all end-all most important part of the game. I've never even kept ONE. Ever. NONE of the starters have ever been quite interesting enough for any team I've ever made. WHO CARES? They're nothing but a convenient option in-game and marketing mascots.

I cannot believe how mad some of you are over how TWO evolution lines turned out, especially considering they turned out in highly unpredictable ways, which is inherently better. Always. It means creativity and variety.

What most people wanted for fennekin's final evo was awful. God. Awful. It was nothing but some japanime furry fetish-fantasy. Its actual evolution is about the most interesting thing they could have done with what was otherwise looking like another ripoff of Lucario.

Fan ideas for Froakie's final evo, meanwhile, were all just slightly beefed-up versions of its second evolution. I'm amazed you all rooted so heavily for something so bland and redundant.

This is exactly like every other starter evo ever revealed. Everyone hated Oshawott's because it didn't look exactly like the first two stages. Boo-hoo.

Just my opinion, you don't gottsa like it :)

It isn't like every generation I have disliked starters. Ever since generation 1, the only starters I haven't cared for are Emboar and Infernape. Going 5 generations of being pleased with starter evolutions for the most part to disliking every single one of a single generation is a bit of a buzzkill.

I'll live and box the starter, like you have done in the past. Life will go on, but whenever the topic of Generation VI starters comes up, MY VOICE WILL BE HEARD. lolz.

Im like "DANG Im so glad I wanted chespin from the beginning" but he reminds me of a turtle :3

I remember people wanting Fenniken to turn into a witch fox type of poke. Calling them furries is just fricking childish.
Maybe people care more about the designs of their first pokemon more than you do.

The second Fennekin was revealed, the internet exploded with "mature" fan-art, and even more so with its first evolution. Like it or not, the biggest and most avid fandom for anthropomorphic, mammalian pokemon are fetishizers, and on any social site, you can see them right now getting angry at how the final evo isn't as "attractive" to them as its previous stage. It's as cathartic as it is uncomfortable to witness.

You think I'm the childish one when people are posting rants about how Gamefreak is some sort of villain for the way they designed THEIR OWN CREATIONS?

Their own creations you DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WOULD COME OUT less than a year ago?

And only about TWO OF THEM? People are saying they're "disappointed" in Gamefreak because -TWO- pokemon have evolutions they aren't that into?

Each new generation is designed to make money first and foremost, but as far as the fans should be concerned, it is a gift. A treat. You can, and you will, accept what you're given. Everyone always does. Every single generation sees a bunch of pathetic crying and bellyaching from kids who are mad that something got an "ugly" evolution or there weren't enough Eeveelutions or they dared to make an Ice Cream monster.

It's spoiled, baby-like behavior that people should be ashamed of.

All of this optimism is depressing :/

I'm so sorry that some people like things and can be happy with things, that must be very difficult to watch, I know.

The fact that people are getting so worked up about this is baffling to me.
It's a Pokemon. Get over it.

Does anyone know what the starters signature moves do? I know "Spiky Shield" protects the user and damages the attacker, but I was wondering what "Mystic Fire or Flame" and "Water Shuriken" do.

oneofpanda said:
Does anyone know what the starters signature moves do? I know "Spiky Shield" protects the user and damages the attacker, but I was wondering what "Mystic Fire or Flame" and "Water Shuriken" do.

It would appear as if Water Shuriken is a multi-hit, 2-5x move with 15 BP. Haven't seen anything on Mystic Fire yet.

Bogleech said:

Oh, please. The second Fennekin was revealed the internet exploded with "mature" fan-art, and even more so with its first evolution. Like it or not, the biggest and most avid fandom for anthropomorphic, mammalian pokemon are fetishizers, and on any social site, you can see them right now getting angry at how the final evo isn't as "attractive" to them as its previous stage. It's as cathartic as it is uncomfortable to witness.

I'm really amazed you think I'm the childish one when people are posting rants about how Gamefreak is some sort of villain for the way they designed THEIR OWN CREATIONS.

Their own creations you DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WOULD COME OUT less than a year ago.

Each new generation is designed to make money first and foremost, but as far as the fans should be concerned, it is a gift. A treat. You can, and you will, accept what you're given. Everyone always does. Every single generation sees a bunch of pathetic crying and bellyaching from kids who are mad that something got an "ugly" evolution or there weren't enough Eeveelutions or they dared to make an Ice Cream monster.

1. Any social site huh? Well explain to me why there are none on pokebeach? I have seen none. At all!

2. Well you are using all caps at times.(I do it too i know.)
You are pushing forward these false alligations with no proof. I call that childish. Wouldn't you?

3. Actually they seem to be handling it well. They may not like it but they know it's out of their control.

4. I will give you that the ice cream poke complaints were fudging stupid.

5.I bet even nightkeeper is excepting it. He may not like it(at all)but i imagine he is accepting it.

6. It's immature child like namecalling that people should be ashamed of.

1. Any social site huh? Well explain to me why there are none on pokebeach? I have seen none. At all!

"Social site" is usually understood to mean sites like tumblr, facebook, twitter or blogspot where there are millions of people.

6. It's immature child like namecalling that people should be ashamed of.

What "name calling" did I ever do? I called a pokemon design furry-like and I called a behavior babyish, and complaining angrily about how much you hate a design in a video game is the most babyish thing anyone of any age could possibly do.

Imagine giving a child a hundred different toys, and they call you a bastard because they don't care for the shapes and colors of around a dozen of them.

That is what the pokemon fandom does virtually every time a new set of games come out.

If you don't like the toy with the big tongue or with the ear hair there's more than 600 different toys that the same company worked incredibly hard to design and release with the intention of everyone finding something to enjoy.

Every single pokemon isn't obligated to appeal to everyone.

Could someone explain to me how Quiladin and Chesnaught are related? I'm not seeing the connection. The claws changed colors, the faces changed colors...where did all the brown go? What's up with the complete stylistic change of its face? Why the mummy legs? If someone could give me a definitive biological or intuitive reason why Chesnaught looks the way it does after coming from something like Quiladin, I'm sure I'd like it more. Granted, it does look pretty B.A., but I'm not seeing the connection.

You think I'm the childish one when people are posting rants about how Gamefreak is some sort of villain for the way they designed THEIR OWN CREATIONS?

Every generation comes with an unlimited number of possibilities. It's exciting to some that new Pokemon could be revealed that appeal to them. Some people get a little more emotionally invested, some people don't really care. When evolutions don't live up to what they could have, it can be a bit upsetting.

While yes, my complaining about the Pokemon I don't like can be a bit excess, I find it enjoyable. I enjoy expressing my distaste in a comical manner: not every one has to agree or find it funny, but it doesn't mean I won't do it anyway. It's a bit fun to see people get butthurt over posts that shouldn't really be taken that seriously in the first place.

Ah. Regardless. Opinion is opinion, everyone is entitled to their own. Let's not resort to insults because of a disagreement or taking things too literally, eh?

Tatertot said:
Could someone explain to me how Quiladin and Chesnaught are related? I'm not seeing the connection. The claws changed colors, the faces changed colors...where did all the brown go? What's up with the complete stylistic change of its face? Why the mummy legs? If someone could give me a definitive biological or intuitive reason why Chesnaught looks the way it does after coming from something like Quiladin, I'm sure I'd like it more. Granted, it does look pretty B.A., but I'm not seeing the connection.

I have one its a drawing dont try to find some scientific explanations

cookymonster760 said:
Tatertot said:

I have one its a drawing dont try to find some scientific explanations

I hope you know that GF puts much more effort into their designs than that, and everything is there for a reason. They've more or less confirmed this in multiple interviews, referencing the months of concept art and design it takes in crafting the perfect look for a pokemon. They also have demonstrated that they rely heavily on real world biology, architecture, and folklore in creating the pokemon world. They sent research teams to France to find the perfect looks for Kalos. Therefore, it wouldn't make any sort of sense for them to haphazardly throw a design onto paper for Chespin's evo and call it good. Chespin is one of the key advertising tools they've been relying on this generation, so it would hold that they would put even more consideration into his design than, say, Spritzee or Noivern. (Both are great pokemon, but are not as important from a marketing standpoint as Chespin and Chesnaught).

Back