(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

PikachuLover said:
GDK said:
gre is from grenouille which is the french for frog.

Still they mostly used frog why would the change it to french word for frog all of sudden

They used quill in cyndaquill's line to suddenly have typhoon and explosion mixed in there.
Means nothing.

GDK said:
Mugi said:
I personally think and hope Greninja is fake, not because it doesn't look cool, more cause it doesn't fit Froaki's Evo-line very well.

I really don't know why so many of you think that Greninja could be actually real...

http://www.myimg.de/?img=1380569560821321a2.jpg - For some kind of proofs and stuff.

What does it prove ?
The shadow is a little weird, but I don't undestand the rest of the arguments.

When you look closely, you can see that the line under Lv. 66 isn't straigt, rather a bit curved on the left side. I guess it's so, because the Superball has been edit into this picture.
While most of the shadows have been made correctly, the shadow of its arm is clearly lacking. Probably the biggest mistake the faker has made. Note, something like this wouldn't happen to Game Freak at all.
The red areas near "Mystic Water" clearly show that there has been changed something. The lines are really impure compared to the right side.
Also, you clearly see, that the edging around "Psychic" is missing a point.

Mugi said:
GDK said:
What does it prove ?
The shadow is a little weird, but I don't undestand the rest of the arguments.

When you look closely, you can see that the line under Lv. 66 isn't straigt, rather a bit curved on the left side. I guess it's so, because the Superball has been edit into this picture.
While most of the shadows have been made correctly, the shadow of its arm is clearly lacking. Probably the biggest mistake the faker has made. Note, something like this wouldn't happen to Game Freak at all.
The red areas near "Mystic Water" clearly show that there has been changed something. The lines are really impure compared to the right side.

And the 5th gen starter were all photoshopped. And we know how that ended.

I also they it's fake cause some said it's name would be Frogrou as in rouge which would go with the rpg names the gave the second stages

Axell Starr said:
Bogleech said:
Binacle is modeled very closely after its real world basis:

03506gos7066.jpg

This happens to be an animal I love more than almost anything else in the sea. Everything about barnacles is fascinating. They're crustaceans, like crabs and lobsters, but they've evolved to lose mobility and live more like a coral, glued in place, filter-feeding on plankton.

I couldn't be happier if we're really getting such an accurate barnacle pokemon; the only thing that would take me a little getting used to are the goofy human-like faces on Binacle.

I would much rather it have only eyes, without the little mouths and noses, or no faces at all, and just look exactly like the real thing.

It seems to be attached to a hunk of sand or rock. If it's not fake, and it evolves, it might be attached to something else later.

There are, however, barnacles who don't attach to anything at all; they grow a ball-shaped "float" that they hang from in the water! I suppose that might have made a little more sense for a pokemon version.

I mean absolutely no offense when i say this, but it looks like a giant poop and someone stuck a concha on top. Though it's living, I wouldn't expect a living creature to look like that.

There are lots of weird and wonderful sessile creatures. A large portion of them probably look like poop.

GDK said:
Mugi said:

And the 5th gen starter were all photoshopped. And we know how that ended.

It just looks more than fishy to me. Especially the arm-shadow thing. This wouldn't lack in a complete copy. Never.

PikachuLover said:
I also they it's fake cause some said it's name would be Frogrou as in rogue which would go with the rpg names the gave the second stages
"Someone said it on the internet, it must be true".
You're not familiar with that whole internet thing yet, are you?

Can anyone believe that X and Y comes out NEXT Saturday, it doesn't feel like it. Does anyone else think so too?

Okay I have been reading through this and I have decided to join in on the fun. You all do realize there are regional names for pokemon right. Greninja could easily just be the french name for the final evo for Froakie. Its quite possible when we buy the games on the twelfth and evolve are froikies its finals Evo's name will more then likely be Frogue. I mean Charizards french name is Dracaufeu They do this to feet them to eachs regions language. As far as deleting the image goes, if they were to delete it all will do is prove it was real. By letting stay out and open your gonna have all kinds of people (this thread is a good example) finding each and every way to fight its legitimacy. As far as his design I think it is sweet, I am glad they change up his final evo. If i hadn't seen this I would have loved the surprise of seeing my frogedier become this epic pokemon. i am not saying that its 100% proof positive that s its real, but i have faith in it, Hate my opinion,or love it. either way here is my 2 cents. Also its nice meet everyone.

@Anoay I can't wait. lol times gonna go by slow.

One more thing, trying to prove anything by finding small art flaws isn't a full proof either.
Game Freak's art is NOT perfect. Some of the sprites they actually used in their games have errors that are rather huge.
Including wrong highlights, wrong shadows and even wrong lighting direction.

PikachuLover said:
I also they it's fake cause some said it's name would be Frogrou as in rogue which would go with the rpg names the gave the second stages

Frogue rolls of the tongue a bit better.

Scrooge said:
Okay I have been reading through this and I have decided to join in on the fun. You all do realize there are regional names for pokemon right. Greninja could easily just be the french name for the final evo for Froakie. Its quite possible when we buy the games on the twelfth and evolve are froikies its finals Evo's name will more then likely be Frogue. I mean Charizards french name is Dracaufeu They do this to feet them to eachs regions language. As far as deleting the image goes, if they were to delete it all will do is prove it was real. By letting stay out and open your gonna have all kinds of people (this thread is a good example) finding each and every way to fight its legitimacy. As far as his design I think it is sweet, I am glad they change up his final evo. If i hadn't seen this I would have loved the surprise of seeing my frogedier become this epic pokemon. i am not saying that its 100% proof positive that s its real, but i have faith in it, Hate my opinion,or love it. either way here is my 2 cents. Also its nice meet everyone.

The problem with your regional name theory is that the moves are in english.

Scrooge said:

Attacks are in english. In french aerial ace is aeropique, surf is surf, waterfall is cascade and extrasensory is extrasenseur (i think). SO yeah it cannot be from the french version. Can still be a nickname though.

PikachuLover said:
I still think it's fake because wouldn't Nintendo take it down if it were real because no one is suppose to show the starter final evolutions.

How, exactly, is Nintendo going to take this down from the internet.

RE: (1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawklucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

Shocker said:
I feel like I'm the only one who likes Froakie's final evolution.

* Shocker is forever alone

I like it also. It does look kind of weird, but I actually like the concept a lot. I hope it end up looking something similar at the very least.

Attacks are in english. In french aerial ace is aeropique, surf is surf, waterfall is cascade and extrasensory is extrasenseur (i think). SO yeah it cannot be from the french version. Can still be a nickname though.

Okay well good point lol

Nintenfreak said:
PikachuLover said:
I still think it's fake because wouldn't Nintendo take it down if it were real because no one is suppose to show the starter final evolutions.

How, exactly, is Nintendo going to take this down from the internet.

Well to start they contact WPM and ask him to remove that or there will be consequences.
Then it can spread all over they wouldn't care, but they have to prevent it from being shown on the most popular sites.

Why would you even think it's the french version? Just because its name contains a french word?
What About Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Deino, Zweilous and Hydreigon?

ok i just read the entire thread and coming into it my only opinion was that i hate the name Greninja because my cat's name is Gren and there is an underlying joke of him being evil which i know has nothing to do with pokemon but..... idk lurkers posting was encouraged

anyway the thing i wanted to point out because i kept seeing it mentioned:
the chikorita line does not go out of whack with the last evolution. as was mentioned previously it stars out as a leaf/buds, turns into a dying leaf/larger buds, and the final stage is a flower and stamen, not random antennae or stems or whatever i keep seeing

honestly i don't mind whether or not the "leaked" pokemon are real or not, it won't affect your gameplay if you don't enjoy EVERY SINGLE POKEMON EVER (personally i think those are some pretty believable designs given past generations) but i would like to say that i also immediately noticed the raging toe on hawlucha and i think it is hilarious beyond all explanation.

GDK said:
Mugi said:
It just looks more than fishy to me. Especially the arm-shadow thing. This wouldn't lack in a complete copy. Never.

On serebii they came to the concclusion that the leg shadow pointed was the arm's one and that the leg's is behind it. So yeah still no proof.

Still no proof from you either.
I come to the conclusion that it's its leg's shadow. I don't see how the shadow of Greninja's arm can go behind its left leg. Impossible.

Back