(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

nightkeeper said:
WitherSnow said:
I agree. Gallantoad took Frogidier and made it look more like what we were expecting.. It looks like it can handle a hoard of venusoar with little problem.

#Gallantoad in XY

Exactly. Greninja looks as if Gallantoad was in some horrific accident and rushed to the ER,having the doctors say, "We did everything we could, but we couldn't get your tongue back in your body... We did you the favor of constricting it around your neck, as we saw tripping could be a hazard. Enjoy."

Is this like a Team Jacob vs Team Edward battle?

Team Gallantoad, ftw.

hahaha. Exactly. Don't get me wrong, i like Greninja it's just i feel it takes a few steps back. Gallantoad takes a few steps forward in terms of look and design.

Ririka said:
My friends who picks Froakie from the first leak has no problem at all if the final design looks like Greninja or even Gallantoad (hell this wasn't even it's name). The one who complains about Greninja is my friends who're not so sure yet of what to pick, alas, if Greninja turned out to be true, they can always pick the other two.

Poor Greninja, you have yet to be proven a fake, yet you lose popularity to those who obviously a fake :(

Gallantoad is popular because of it's design. Greninja was said fake by someone on 4chan if im correct on that.

Haverok said:
I think some people are overreacting. I like both designs and if Greninja is real, I can get used to it. As far as we may speak about either tongue or foam having sense, discussing opinions is... Well...
If you ask me, I'd say that Greninja looks much better than terribly overrated Blaziken, but guess what? Fandom seems to like it, although Combusken looked MUCH better in the games in my opinion. But hey - I'm okay with that, I mean we already know like 700 creature designs and it's virtually impossible to love every single one, so just try to accept it. You don't need to like it. And I think we all just should wait patiently for the relase, because seriously, we haven't said anything new or creative about that matter. The topic is pretty much explored. ;)

Just 12 days, guys. We can do it.

If Greninja is real.... so bbe it. Im not gonna care.

Nintenfreak said:
PikaJudgement said:
I don't understand the love and attachment to Binacale. I understand people have opinions but it is probably the most hideous design in the history of Pokemon if it were real. It looks like its coming out of a cupcake, or pie.

"I don't understand the love and attachment to [Pokemon I don't like]. I understand people have opinions but it is probably the most [stupid reason for disliking something] in the history of Pokemon."

It's a friggen Barnacle Pokemon! Have you ever seen a Barnacle? It's super awesome.

And that's what this thread is, a bunch of little kids, upset with designs they don't personally care for, acting like it can't be true because they wish it weren't. Seriously, it's Samurott all over again. Kids, your preferences have no bearing on reality.

Im doing this horseshit piece by piece.

It can't be true because it was confirmed FAKE! That usually means it is not true.
I don't need to wish anything. Again already confirmed fake.
Little kids?!? Im curious? How mature are you giving out these idiotic generalizations?
If you are trying to do some "hard truths" speech that you failed considerably.
In the end we may not like the designs but we can deal with it.

Also Binacle is awesome because it's a barnacle and it has two heads and it was not a Pokemon that you'd expect.

Im gonna go brain myself with something hard now. Bye Bye.
Oh wait im a selfish little kid apparently. so i can't. Shame.
God god.

Greninja looks cool, I hope its real. I wish Nintendo just reveal the starter evolution's already, since it would be difficult to change your starter or find someone willing to trade. Not loving the Hawlucha, but cant love em all.

Ririka said:
Macabrelicious said:
We have really different opinions then! Which is great and everything, but in my eyes, Combusken and Blaziken are bipedal, anthropomorphic, red-and-yellow feathered fighter chickens, which aren't things you see every day. Froakie's line without the bubbles are just generic blue frogs; to be honest I have never really understood where all the ninja stuff came from. Frogadier was streamlined and dark, but that doesn't really equate to "ninja" with me. I guess I could sort of see it on Frogadier, but certainly not on Greninja, who I already said resembles a sick, choking frog to me. :p It's a bit of a stretch, for me.

Then the arguments can't be used on Froakie.

The things with the previous starter is, we assume their main concept after it's officially confirmed.

- Oshawott -> Samurott, if it's still a rumor, everyone would be against this, since they think the main concept is being an otter, but it's a confirmed evo line, so we adjust the assumption that the main concept is the shell.

- Chikorita -> Meganium, if it's still a rumor, we'd argue that since Chikorita and Bayleef are "Leaf Pokemon" species, it should retain it's leaf on it's head. But since it's confirmed, we adjust the assumption that the main concept is the bud on the neck, because it's the only thing that shows improvement in the evo.

- Combusken -> Blaziken, if it's still a rumor, no one would believe this evo line, but then again, it's confirmed, alas, we adjust our opinion so that it's perfectly fine for Blaziken to be Combusken's evo.

Then again, as long as Froakie's evo not confirmed, we can't adjust our opinion purely based on it's design, since everything can happen in an evo line.

I like this post, but I used up all my likes for today.
This is pretty much how I feel.

WitherSnow said:
Nintenfreak said:
"I don't understand the love and attachment to [Pokemon I don't like]. I understand people have opinions but it is probably the most [stupid reason for disliking something] in the history of Pokemon."

It's a friggen Barnacle Pokemon! Have you ever seen a Barnacle? It's super awesome.

And that's what this thread is, a bunch of little kids, upset with designs they don't personally care for, acting like it can't be true because they wish it weren't. Seriously, it's Samurott all over again. Kids, your preferences have no bearing on reality.

It can't be true because it was confirmed FAKE! That usually means it is not true.
Little kids?!? Im curious? How mature are you giving out these idiotic generalizations?

Also Binacle is awesome because it's a barnacle and it has two heads and it was not a Pokemon that you'd expect.

God god.

Little kid doesn't know how to use the quote feature, apparently. It wasn't confirmed fake. There was some guy on 4chan with no evidence to corroborate his claim that it was fake on his part. No clear images, no psd data, nothing. Then he says Hawlucha was real and he saw it at an event? Yet somehow no one else had reported on it before him? YEah, that's not suspicious at all.

Nintenfreak said:
WitherSnow said:
hahaha. Exactly. Don't get me wrong, i like Greninja it's just i feel it takes a few steps back. Gallantoad takes a few steps forward in terms of look and design.

Gallantoad is popular because of it's design. Greninja was said fake by someone on 4chan if im correct on that.

If Greninja is real.... so bbe it. Im not gonna care.

God god.

Little kid doesn't know how to use the quote feature, apparently. It wasn't confirmed fake. There was some guy on 4chan with no evidence to corroborate his claim that it was fake on his part. No clear images, no psd data, nothing. Then he says Hawlucha was real and he saw it at an event? Yet somehow no one else had reported on it before him? YEah, that's not suspicious at all.

I know this is mini-modding, but flaming or insulting other members is against the rules.

Also, I will be really, really disappointed if this isn't true.

EDIT: Geez, this really is like Wottergate all over again.

Well, Froakie was never my choice for a starter anyway. Don't get me wrong, he's an awesome little guy, with an even cooler middle evolution, but I still prefer the other two starters over him. (Chespiiiinnnnnn~)
That being said, whatever his official final evolution comes out to be, it doesn't really affect me... but even for those who were never going to choose Froakie, we still have a right to criticize the evolution designs. Designs are art, and art is meant to be criticized. At least thats how I see it. If you don't like something, you have full right to express it even if it doesn't have much of an affect on you.

Shocker said:

I am one more "Wottergate" mention away from scouring the PB forums to find and read the thread where this happened if it still exists. My curiosity is burning. I know the gist of what happened but I want to see it for myself.

WitherSnow said:

How can you take the word of some anon on 4chan? :p

Nintenfreak said:

Ummm...why are you so mad? Theres no reason to twist other's words, nor is there reason to get upset in the first place.

Ririka said:

The things with the previous starter is, we assume their main concept after it's officially confirmed.

- Oshawott -> Samurott, if it's still a rumor, everyone would be against this, since they think the main concept is being an otter, but it's a confirmed evo line, so we adjust the assumption that the main concept is the shell.

- Chikorita -> Meganium, if it's still a rumor, we'd argue that since Chikorita and Bayleef are "Leaf Pokemon" species, it should retain it's leaf on it's head. But since it's confirmed, we adjust the assumption that the main concept is the bud on the neck, because it's the only thing that shows improvement in the evo.

- Combusken -> Blaziken, if it's still a rumor, no one would believe this evo line, but then again, it's confirmed, alas, we adjust our opinion so that it's perfectly fine for Blaziken to be Combusken's evo.

Then again, as long as Froakie's evo not confirmed, we can't adjust our opinion purely based on it's design, since everything can happen in an evo line.

I to have run out of likes and like this post.

Zielo said:
I am one more "Wottergate" mention away from scouring the PokéBeach forums to find and read the thread where this happened if it still exists. My curiosity is burning. I know the gist of what happened but I want to see it for myself.

Here is what you want. This is what was posted yesterday.

Ok guys...I am new here,and I just made an account to say,that the leaker actually confirmed that greninja actually WAS a fake,but hawlucha not so...i crumbled over his post in 4chan forums...as I was browsing for some news on google concerning those leaks.....so this kinda negotiates the argument,that he only said his leaks were fake,because he didn`t want to get in trouble with nintendo

greetings ;)

wich also means,that the wohle thing about "little endgame" and "around 70 pokemon"..was just bullcrap ^^

Zielo said:
Well, Froakie was never my choice for a starter anyway. Don't get me wrong, he's an awesome little guy, with an even cooler middle evolution, but I still prefer the other two starters over him. (Chespiiiinnnnnn~)
That being said, whatever his official final evolution comes out to be, it doesn't really affect me... but even for those who were never going to choose Froakie, we still have a right to criticize the evolution designs. Designs are art, and art is meant to be criticized. At least thats how I see it. If you don't like something, you have full right to express it even if it doesn't have much of an affect on you.

Exactly That applies to everything.

Shocker said:

Like WHAT!

I am one more "Wottergate" mention away from scouring the PokéBeach forums to find and read the thread where this happened if it still exists. My curiosity is burning. I know the gist of what happened but I want to see it for myself.

I don't... Care to explain.

rizzet said:
WitherSnow said:

How can you take the word of some anon on 4chan? :p

I swear to god if i have to explain the origin of Gallantoad one more time i might have to find it myself and link it so i never have to see this again.

Axell Starr said:
Nintenfreak said:

Ummm...why are you so mad? Theres no reason to twist other's words, nor is there reason to get upset in the first place.

Yeah kinda true for the both of us. Nobody needs to get upset.

Ririka said:

I to have run out of likes and like this post.

Minous2 said:
I love this thread. I read every single post and am one of the few lucky ones. Why?
'Cause I don't care about Froakie's evolution at all! He was my least favourite starter anyway...

But on a more serious note, the fake/real thing with these pictures is getting REALLY confusing. Here's what I got from this discussion:

• Someone revealed screenshots of a few Pokemon
  • Same someone said that Greninja and Binacle are fake/made up
  • Same someone said that Hawlucha is real and it was "confirmed" by other leakers/same screenshots
  • Any other pictures someone tried to post here (DA ones and such) are already confirmed fake
  • The description of Greninja doesn't match the one our previous leaker gave (he was correct on most of the things from the previous leak)

Now what I don't understand, why are people discussing Greninja and Binacle, considering the 2nd and last point.

The only explanation (for myself) I have is that there are more leakers invovled, I am confusing one with the other, or am just simply confused :(

Well, there's a few points. The someone who took credit for the leaked photos and called some of them fake wasn't necessarily the person who leaked them. There's a lot of "taking credit" that goes around for attention; it happened just a week ago with WPM's last batch of leaks.

Also, the previous leaker hasn't been correct on anything yet, that we can confirm anyway. There hasn't been further evidence of Trusk, Quillom, the ghost spider, Helioptile's evolution, etc. Someone claiming to be a non-leaking reviewer of the game has called that post fake, for whatever that's worth.

But yes, their Froakie evo descriptions directly contradict each other, so either one of the two is fake, or they are both fake.

Again, some person on 4chan claimed credit for Greninja, but that does not make it real. He also says Hawlucha is real, but how would he know that?

I still think it's fake because wouldn't Nintendo take it down if it were real because no one is suppose to show the starter final evolutions.

Personal thoughts on this.

First glance: Greninja looks...dumb. Second glance, imagining it 3D and animated, I could see it being kind of cool, but we'll have to wait until it's released.

The 3rd Fennekin evolution looks cool but fake.

The rock/water barnacle: Cool looking - wouldn't mind it. I don't have an opinion on the flying/fighting bird yet.

Honestly since the first source's information has almost been completely confirmed - I would NOT ignore his information on the typings of the final evolutions. Just throwing it out there.

Here's the Wottergate link for those interested: http://wottergate.tumblr.com/

PikachuLover said:
I still think it's fake because wouldn't Nintendo take it down if it were real because no one is suppose to show the starter final evolutions.

Exactly. An actual reviewer said there'd be major repercussions if anyone leaks anything they're not supposed to say, and GF will not be merely as lenient this gen as they were for previous ones. My source for this is in a previous post. Go find it of you wanna look at it. :p Also, the starter evolutions are the think they're being the most strict on, so i thing that the pictures would have already been taken down from here if they were true.

Also, if WPM didn't find it worthy enough to post when the person originally ask, why not doubt it? The guy was said to not have that much evidence which is why WPM rejected it. Also, from what was stated WPM didn't post it until he got it on a bunch of other sites.

Axell Starr said:
PikachuLover said:

Exactly. An actual reviewer said there'd be major repercussions if anyone leaks anything they're not supposed to say, and GF will not be merely as lenient this gen as they were for previous ones. My source for this is in a previous post. Go find it of you wanna look at it. :p Also, the starter evolutions are the think they're being the most strict on, so i think that the pictures would have already been taken down from here if they were true.

Also, if WPM didn't find it worthy enough to post when the person originally ask, why not doubt it? The guy was said to not have that much evidence which is why WPM rejected it. Also, from what was stated WPM didn't post it until he got it on a bunch of other sites.

WPM came in late to the party, and asked everyone for a summary of what was happening before posting an actual news story about it. It wasn't that he was being hesitant, it was that he was being sleepy :p

Tatertot said:
Axell Starr said:
Exactly. An actual reviewer said there'd be major repercussions if anyone leaks anything they're not supposed to say, and GF will not be merely as lenient this gen as they were for previous ones. My source for this is in a previous post. Go find it of you wanna look at it. :p Also, the starter evolutions are the think they're being the most strict on, so i think that the pictures would have already been taken down from here if they were true.

WPM came in late to the party, and asked everyone for a summary of what was happening before posting an actual news story about it. It wasn't that he was being hesitant, it was that he was being sleepy :p

Oh, ok. So I got the wrong story. Well, things are bound to get all mixed up after so many pages.

Edit: And that doesn't disprove what I read from another source, so I'm happy. :p :p :p :p :p :p

GhostedRebel said:
Personal thoughts on this.

First glance: Greninja looks...dumb. Second glance, imagining it 3D and animated, I could see it being kind of cool, but we'll have to wait until it's released.

The 3rd Fennekin evolution looks cool but fake.

The rock/water barnacle: Cool looking - wouldn't mind it. I don't have an opinion on the flying/fighting bird yet.

Honestly since the first source's information has almost been completely confirmed - I would ignore his information on the typings of the final evolutions. Just throwing it out there.

Here's the Wottergate link for those interested: http://wottergate.tumblr.com/

Holy pokeballs that really is a scandal. Whats going on right now is a puddle compared to Wottergate apparently. I'm just glad to be in the middle, one that sides with neither it being fake or real. I come to comment on the design and what I would like it to be, and thats it. I dont claim to know that this must definitely be fake or something, I don't want to get into all of that. Its impossible to know unless you are the source yourself, there are so many things that can go a different way with leaks, such as incorrect photoshop "error scanners", people that claim its fake to get Nintendo off their butts, etc...
Lets all take a look at Baktwerel's highly accurate comic posted earlier in another thread:
attachment.php

I'm not too sure if these are fakes or not. However if Greninja is real and after seeing its tongue wrapped round it like scarf and assuming Ash captures a Froakie, then I can easily plan out the scenario if Froakie evolves into Greninja.
"Frogadier evolves into Greninja."
Ash: "Oh wow, Frogadier evolved into Greninja! I've gotta check this ou-"
"Greninja leaps at Ash and uses a lick attack out of affection."
Ash: Aw gross! And I thought Charizard and Tauros' greetings were bad!"

garbodorable said:
Minous2 said:
I love this thread. I read every single post and am one of the few lucky ones. Why?
'Cause I don't care about Froakie's evolution at all! He was my least favourite starter anyway...

But on a more serious note, the fake/real thing with these pictures is getting REALLY confusing. Here's what I got from this discussion:

• Someone revealed screenshots of a few Pokemon
  • Same someone said that Greninja and Binacle are fake/made up
  • Same someone said that Hawlucha is real and it was "confirmed" by other leakers/same screenshots
  • Any other pictures someone tried to post here (DA ones and such) are already confirmed fake
  • The description of Greninja doesn't match the one our previous leaker gave (he was correct on most of the things from the previous leak)

Now what I don't understand, why are people discussing Greninja and Binacle, considering the 2nd and last point.

The only explanation (for myself) I have is that there are more leakers invovled, I am confusing one with the other, or am just simply confused :(

Well, there's a few points. The someone who took credit for the leaked photos and called some of them fake wasn't necessarily the person who leaked them. There's a lot of "taking credit" that goes around for attention; it happened just a week ago with WPM's last batch of leaks.

Also, the previous leaker hasn't been correct on anything yet, that we can confirm anyway. There hasn't been further evidence of Trusk, Quillom, the ghost spider, Helioptile's evolution, etc. Someone claiming to be a non-leaking reviewer of the game has called that post fake, for whatever that's worth.

But yes, their Froakie evo descriptions directly contradict each other, so either one of the two is fake, or they are both fake.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.
So in the end, we still know nothing. Eh, not a surprise I guess. Let the heated discussion continue!

Edit: And I LMAO at Zielo's post :D Now we know everything!

Back