(1) Rock Guard from BW8 [11/16]

Eh, Tool Scrapper means this card really won't be as good as Computer Search, or even Gold Potion.

A nice card, but it won't see much play because of Scrapper. Darkrai could tech it in because of Sableye, but we'll see. An interesting card nonetheless. Rock Guard is essentially a Rocky Helmet on steroids.

Combined with Druddigon or Lucario, it does 80 to the defending pokémon on the opponent's turn... that's crazy... but yeah, tool scrapper makes ACE Spec tools useless. Specially when you can only have 1 ACE Spec card in the deck and there's Computer Search.
Which, btw, makes me wonder why they bother to make so many ACE Specs when you can only use 1. Again, combine that with Computer Search's existence, and the result is most of the other ACE Specs won't be played. IMO, The rule should be "only 1 copy of this card", not only 1 ACE Spec card...

I don't think it's that great. 6 counter is a lot, but the opponent has to attack (and damage) the Pokemon that it's attached to. There's so many attacks that snipe or spread it's easy to counter that way. Or they could just use an offensive attack if they felt the fear was too great. This could help with stalling I guess. Maybe could find a spot in Durant...if anyone still plays that. But then again they really need their Eviolite and Rescue Scarfs. Also Tool Scapper is a somewhat common sight.

It's an interesting card, but it is outclassed by Computer Search, and countered by Tool Scrapper. I doubt it will see much play. I do absolutely love the art though.

Ahahaha! Yes, this is the most beautiful counterattack ever, turning 2HKOs into potential 1HKOs! So beautiful! It can be searched with Skyla, and with this I can finally defeat th-

*Tool Scrapper*

...awwwwwwwwwww...

MY GARBODOR IS HAPPY
zx5h0x.png

I'm putting this in my Accelgor/Gothitelle/Dusknoir deck if it's still viable by that time! :D Other then Gothitelle, this card ain't that great.

ForeignDude said:
If only the Ace Spec tools had a rule that prevented them from being Tool Scrappered.

Welcome to the new format, Black Kyurem EX/Blastoise/Keldeo EX! Have fun! NO.

well when u play this card, play it smart =)
ur opp usually techs 1 or 2 toolscrapper, lure them out (eviolite, rocky helmet, whatever....) , late game when his pokemon is damaged and he's scrappers are gone
boom, hello rock guard =)
i think its a potential game winner :/, there are better ace specs thats true , not deniening that but not bad either

Back