(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

palkia07 said:
Ok oK I got it.. Froakie: 18th century french man with white wig and typical tiny glasses..
http://www.google.it/imgres?q=eighteenth+century+wig&start=160&um=1&hl=it&tbo=d&biw=1600&bih=785&tbm=isch&tbnid=h_1B7W2d2n9w8M:&imgrefurl=http://siftingthepast.com/2012/08/&docid=uisM5p7JMV8YWM&imgurl=http://siftingthepast.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/siftingthepast_self-portrait_rienk-jelgerhuis1729e280931806_1791.jpg&w=1087&h=1624&ei=PCPsUIKZMorNsgael4CICQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=113&vpy=243&dur=1634&hovh=275&hovw=184&tx=110&ty=182&sig=100529079527890708692&page=4&tbnh=148&tbnw=114&ndsp=60&ved=1t:429,r:96,s:100,i:292

As soon as I saw Froakie, I thought of this:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29557144.jpg

Wow, simultaneous release sounds great! I'm still importing, though, to practice my Japanese. ;)

I think these are the best starters since Generation II, especially Froakie. This is probably the first time I've seen a new Pokémon and actually liked it at first glance. I'm so excited. On a side-note, does the male protagonist look strikingly similar to the B2W2 protagonist, or is it just my imagination?

R/S remake camp, this was a mini-victory for you too. Just look at the Japanese logo! It's only a matter of time.

I really want to like Fennekin but LOOK AT ALL THAT EAR HAIR. In the animation it flops around. Why is there so much hair in its ears? Ugh it makes me feel dirty I can't look at it. I like Chespin the best, I think.

I'm starting to think you can customize the characters. I mean, there's a shot of the male protagonist looking in a mirror with a closet right next to him. Then you see a blonde female character with hair that resembles Caitlin's running in a bridge, and then in the scene where the male is running through a forest of some sort there's another female character that looks like Rosa with pink clothes.

HeatRotomFTW97 said:
On a side-note, does the male protagonist look strikingly similar to the B2W2 protagonist, or is it just my imagination?

Yeah, he does. A squarer cap and the addition of sunglasses are the only real difference. Well, the hair is a little less anime as well!

The female protagonist reminds me of Unova's E4 Caitlin or that girl from movie Madeline. Very Parisian!

If Fantina doesn't show up in a cameo, I'll be surprised.

I think I figured out the theme behind the legends.

OKAY the X and Y are obviously referencing chromosomes, which is further supported by the DNA-strand like stylistic features on the japanese titles.

They are about LIFE.

A majestic elegant stag with its front resembling the branching of trees, and standing in front of huge trees/a forest.
With colorful display in the branching going yellow, red, purple, cyan.

So the other one is very shady, dark, rough and threatening.
But why would the opposite be a bird?
Look at the trailer again and think what bird it might be based on.. A VULTURE.
Feeding on remains of dead animals.

I swear to Lucifer, if that fox continues the trend of Fire/Fighting I will be so annoyed. I'm hoping the final evo is super fast.

In the end of the video (before the legendaries) there is a room with flames. To me, it seems like pokemon league style. An Elite Four being Fyre-type.

Froxy said:
I swear to Lucifer, if that fox continues the trend of Fire/Fighting I will be so annoyed. I'm hoping the final evo is super fast.

Don't worry, there's a good chance it won't. One of the clips shows Fennekin using what looks to be a Psychic attack.

Wow... this looks bad... really bad...

Grass Starter is chipmunk?

Fire Starter is a Fox

& Water starter is a Frog...

WTF we have all of these Pokemon already....

My entire Pokedex of Fakemon is 1,000,000x better than what I just saw....

Thats it I'm done, I don't care anymore...

So, I think the second typings are obvious. Why?

Because they're hinted at in the video.

1) We're shown Chespin using some attack on a Golurk that looks a lot like a dark type attack. Makes since, too, since the Solarbeam shown earlier was super effective on its opponent, too.

2) Fennekin is shown using a move on a Kirlia that looks a lot like a Psychic attack.

3) I can't really get any details on Froakie, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Just my predictions.

I do think that they may be Grass/Dark and Fire/Psychic.

Chespin looks to me like a Nuzleaf. Nuzleaf is a dark type. The attack was a night slash.
The use of a psychic attack doesn't mean it has to be psychic. Fennekin doesn't look like he would be dual-type unless he is normal or psychic.
If this is true, then it is probable that Froakie is fighting. This would complete a second trio of types.

Grass/Dark
Fire/Psychic
Water/Fighting

That would mean that all starters will have an advantage and a disadvantage against all starters.

Someone else said this but I can't find the post.

vLLXy.jpg

I just can't get over on how awesome this looks. I've been watching and re-watching the trailer for over 3 hours now.

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
vLLXy.jpg

I just can't get over on how awesome this looks. I've been watching and re-watching the trailer for over 3 hours now.

You are not the only one. I have been watching it since it aired looking for clues.

Oh my. I'm literally shocked. I cannot wait! Good thing it'll be out in October since my birthday is October 1st. ;)

Flygon2071 said:
I do think that they may be Grass/Dark and Fire/Psychic.

Chespin looks to me like a Nuzleaf. Nuzleaf is a dark type. The attack was a night slash.
The use of a psychic attack doesn't mean it has to be psychic. Fennekin doesn't look like he would be dual-type unless he is normal or psychic.
If this is true, then it is probable that Froakie is fighting. This would complete a second trio of types.

Grass/Dark
Fire/Psychic
Water/Fighting

That would mean that all starters will have an advantage and a disadvantage against all starters.

Someone else said this but I can't find the post.

that would make sense (they also sorta did this in the 4th gen Fighting > Metal > Grass)

Back