(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

dividePower said:
Am I the only one who likes the new starters at first glance??

Theres never been a starter reveal where I disliked any starter o_O

So no, they're as top as the rest from the start :D

I always leave my nostalgia glasses in the drawer when pokemon news are incoming, maybe thats why :B

Mitja said:
SquirtleSquirtle said:
I hope the remakes have this kind of 3D style for 2014!

Ah shit, here we go all over again. Give me a break for a year or so xDDDD

I hope you're joking, because I saw your discussion about remakes, and you kept denying them. If you're not joking, why are you denying Ruby & Sapphire remakes? Especially after this announcement?

oakbark said:
This image

WyODS.jpg

bears a striking resemblance to the Baroque Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte.

800px-Le_chateau_de_Vaux_le_Vicomte.jpg

Just outside Paris too.

It looks like there's a Palpitoad and a Golurk (?) in the statue in the water.

There's an Eevee in the Golurk's hand, I saw it when I put the image as my desktop background. The eeveelution rumor still lives! :D

And all of these just serve to tell us how awesome the RS remakes would look. If they come...

And I bet that the new region would be based in Paris. Other than the building's similarites, notice how Pikachu's bolts in the advertisement branch out from France in the globe, and the presence of the Eiffel Tower near the same Pikachu and the protagonist in one of the screens.

oh guys, please no, we can worry about RS Remakes later. For now lets just be satisfied with a glimpse of a game that we don't even have yet :p

either way I have to do homework now, so I'll have to rush that so I can get back on here.

All right, here are some guesses for Pokémon in this gen due to it being in France. We already have the stereotypical French frog as a starter, so there'll no doubt be a snail Pokémon (either Water/Poison, Poison/Ground, or Water/Ground) and a Mr. Mime evo. Any other French things that could be in this? (Similar to Braviary, Mandibuzz, etc in Unova). Oh, a poodle!

[After looking up some French wildlife there could be use of chamois and ibex (unless those are Pokémon X), lynx, praying mantis, and badger!]

[And in terms of plants there'll have to be a lily Pokémon]

Mitja said:
dividePower said:
Am I the only one who likes the new starters at first glance??

Theres never been a starter reveal where I disliked any starter o_O

So no, they're as top as the rest from the start :D

I always leave my nostalgia glasses in the drawer when pokemon news are incoming, maybe thats why :B

I mean, after all there were lots of people who were fast to let Oshawott burn in the depths of hell when it was first revealed.

But not me :p

Come to think of it, when Lugia was first introduced, it was called, "Pokemon X".

Towards the end of Nintendo Direct, Iwata seemed to emphasize "some" when he said that we'd be seeing some of our old pokemon in 3D. I'm only speculating, but could this imply that perhaps not all older pokemon would be available, in a similar way to how Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire didn't have a feature to transfer pokemon from the 2nd gen games? Or perhaps this simply means that not all older pokemon are available to capture in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, and we would have the option to transfer over any older ones we have. It's possible that our pokemon collections would be starting all over again, in the same way as they did when we played Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. I wouldn't mind that too much. I'd probably welcome it, considering I have boxes full of shinies, legendaries, event pokemon, and competitively-trained pokemon that are getting to be a chore to transfer each time a new game is released.

I'd love a restart. After the half-hearted attempt that was Gen 5, I really feel this is going to renew the franchise.

The frilly ruff collar on Froakie looks very aristocratic/shakespearean. Adds to le speculation about a French theme!

As for French-inspired pokemon:

We have a fox, hedgehog and frog. I'm totally gonna get in first and call a marmot as the common rodent for this game. A snail sounds like it should be expected, as was mentioned before. Perhaps a new bat? We have pine martens, badgers, shrews, chamois (goat/antelope thing), squirrels and deer.

For birds? Perhaps thrushes, owls or terns. Maybe an eel or a trout for water based pokemon. I'm expecting a tulip-based Grass-type, or something similar.

I hope that they have markets alongside Pokemarts. Like, outdoor markets, kind of like the one in Driftveil, just actually outdoors

EDIT: Also, I can't wait to see what the differences will be between the two games

oakbark said:
The frilly ruff collar on Froakie looks very aristocratic/shakespearean. Adds to le speculation about a French theme!

As for French-inspired pokemon:

We have a fox, hedgehog and frog. I'm totally gonna get in first and call a marmot as the common rodent for this game. A snail sounds like it should be expected, as was mentioned before. Perhaps a new bat? We have pine martens, badgers, shrews, chamois (goat/antelope thing), squirrels and deer.

For birds? Perhaps thrushes, owls or terns. Maybe an eel or a trout for water based pokemon. I'm expecting a tulip-based Grass-type, or something similar.

Yep, seems like our posts are pretty similar but I didn't think of the marmot and I think a lily or iris will be over tulip (fleur de lis). But trout is another one I'm adding to my definites list.

EDIT: Also I kinda feel like Hydreigon should've been saved for this gen. It fits the euro styling.

Returning to the statue:
WyODS.jpg

Watch in higher resolution
There are Golurk, Palpitoad and Eevee ... and a human being at first glance.
Am I the only one thinking it might be a humanlike 6th Gen Pokemon similar to Mr. Mime, Hitmonchan or especially Bisharp. Could be a knight Pokemon, type Steel. Or in case it's just the armor without a knight in it > Ghost/Steel. This would fit to the castle as well. Of course after all i may over-analyze and it's just a human.

Ok oK I got it.. Froakie: 18th century french man with white wig and typical tiny glasses..
http://www.google.it/imgres?q=eighteenth+century+wig&start=160&um=1&hl=it&tbo=d&biw=1600&bih=785&tbm=isch&tbnid=h_1B7W2d2n9w8M:&imgrefurl=http://siftingthepast.com/2012/08/&docid=uisM5p7JMV8YWM&imgurl=http://siftingthepast.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/siftingthepast_self-portrait_rienk-jelgerhuis1729e280931806_1791.jpg&w=1087&h=1624&ei=PCPsUIKZMorNsgael4CICQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=113&vpy=243&dur=1634&hovh=275&hovw=184&tx=110&ty=182&sig=100529079527890708692&page=4&tbnh=148&tbnw=114&ndsp=60&ved=1t:429,r:96,s:100,i:292

I'd love to see an electric lynx based pokemon. And also evolutions for Mr Mime and Smeargle, who look very french to me too lol. And a glamorous cat (perhaps poison)

IF the region is based off UK too, this would be the perfect time to give us finally a fire cat -> lion chain. That's my dream ever since gen 2 lol

Usagi said:
Come to think of it, when Lugia was first introduced, it was called, "Pokemon X".

Towards the end of Nintendo Direct, Iwata seemed to emphasize "some" when he said that we'd be seeing some of our old pokemon in 3D. I'm only speculating, but could this imply that perhaps not all older pokemon would be available, in a similar way to how Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire didn't have a feature to transfer pokemon from the 2nd gen games? Or perhaps this simply means that not all older pokemon are available to capture in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, and we would have the option to transfer over any older ones we have. It's possible that our pokemon collections would be starting all over again, in the same way as they did when we played Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. I wouldn't mind that too much. I'd probably welcome it, considering I have boxes full of shinies, legendaries, event pokemon, and competitively-trained pokemon that are getting to be a chore to transfer each time a new game is released.

It could be either, but I think he was implying the latter.

QuazarSky said:
I'd love a restart. After the half-hearted attempt that was Gen 5, I really feel this is going to renew the franchise.

Gen 5 actually got me back in the game, I felt the others were just remakes trying to outdo each other on names. I felt like b&w was actually fully planned out, and not just cranked out,

statue backstory

Fennex said:
Returning to the statue:
WyODS.jpg

There are Golurk, Palpitoad and Eevee ... and a human being at first glance.
Am I the only one thinking it might be a humanlike 6th Gen Pokemon similar to Mr. Mime, Hitmonchan or especially Bisharp. Could be a knight Pokemon, type Steel. Or in case it's just the armor without a knight in it > Ghost/Steel. This would fit to the castle as well. Of course after all i may over-analyze and it's just a human.

I look forward to the history of that statue. I hope it will be part of lore!

pokegrrrl said:
Will we get 3D cards to go along with the new game? Instead of FullArt the super rares could be holographic! call it :eek:)

And probably more 3d renderings instead of drawn artwork. Should be interesting. Lol @ those saying the announcement was the end of pokemon

Back