(1) Pokemon 'Black' and 'White' Game Coverage Begins! [9/17]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Politoed got drizzle. I seriously love these games. The kanto champion remix sounds amazing. Too bad we'll probably never hear it.

Interesting to see Ninetales with Drought and Politoad with Drizzle. Makes them more formidable when battling against them.

Um...I was looking at the new abilities thing and...like, do the dream world abilities also get tacked onto Pokemon that you transfer into BW? Because if so...wow...it's official...I can NEVER use Hypno again....he's already been ruined since Gen 2, and adding the USELESS forewarn as a secondary ability was pushing it, but now he loses the amazing insomnia to get INNER FOCUS?! huh??! I mean wow, this better apply only to Pokemon in the dream world only and not transferred ones.

On the other hand, some of the new abilities are AMAZING. There's too many to go through, but one very nice one I see is Exploud gaining scrappy! Ooh, and Crawdaunt gains adaptibility O_O

Another bad one though is Milotic having Cute Charm instead of Marvel Scale, that's messed up >>

Woah, as much as I hate the Chimchar line, it gains iron fist, that's insane o_O

I can NEVER use Hypno again....he's already been ruined since Gen 2, and adding the USELESS forewarn as a secondary ability was pushing it, but now he loses the amazing insomnia to get INNER FOCUS?!

Now im getting POed

The link to the alternate abilities doesn't seem to work for me? Is there a possile alternate link? I'm really interested in seeing these new abilities. :/

Apologies if this is off-topic, but this is how easy it is to fail against N without potions or level-up: Youtube link

The antipiracy is brilliant, even if its not as annoying.

@psyburn why, you hate that ability change too? I didn't think anyone else cared about Hypno besides me O_O

Also, when I said that the no levelups can be easily bypassed in that other post, I meant that romhackers will undoubtedly create a patch to circumvent the AP.

Dude...Hypno was my main psychic type (since Gen 1 when he pwned Blue). Being immune to those dang sleepers was enjoyable >_<. What in the blazes do I get from flinch immunity? Oh right, Fake Out sucks now....blah...

They can patch Anti-piracy?

Well...seeing they do those things for F.E.A.R. as well....idk...Nintendo might be a little more crafty than that.

Yeah, Hypno was so powerful back in RBY! So like, I seriously hope these ability changes are only for Pokemon caught in the dream world.

And yeah, they usually don't have much trouble with patching, but like, they did for a while with HGSS. They eventually patched it though. I'm thinking the no levelups will be easier to patch then the random freezing, but I don't know a thing about rom hacking, lol.

The graphics are beautiful (especially the opening scene) and the music is great, as was expected. Live caster seems cool, and so is more dramatic music when you're low on health.

And some of the new abilities seem very useful. Some of the ones that stood out:
Chlorophyll Venusaur, Solar Power Charizard, Magic Guard Alakazam, Drought Ninetales, Hydration Lapras, Gluttony Snorlax, Hydration Vaporeon, Flash Fire Typhlosion (eruption might destroy the world if you can nab a boost at full health), Drizzle Politoed, Volt Absorb Raikou, Flash Fire Entei, Water Absorb Suicune (it will never die), Speed Boost Blaziken (he might just have a little something over Infernape now!), Technician Breloom (mach punch now rivals Scizor's bullet punch!), Speed Boost Sharpedo, Cloud Nine Altaria, Sturdy Regirock, Ice Body Regice, Iron Fist Infernape (somebody at GF loves this thing), Reckless Staraptor (brave bird + double edge will murder things), Cloud Nine Lickilicky, Poison Heal Gliscor (and you thought Breloom was bulky with Poison Heal?), Thick Fat Mamoswine

And that doesn't even include any of the alternate abilities for the new Pokemon, or any of the abilities yet to be revealed!

Thank you Chimchar!

Some of these new abilities look great! I wasn't able to check out all of them because the font was just way too small for me, but from what I've seen, I like having some change in abilities, except poor Hypno :(

Edit: Blaziken with Speed Boost! Sweet!

I wonder what specific type Team Plasma is going to have, maybe bug type?

Already made it to Dento's gym. His castle is more like White Castle, there are only waiter and restaurant tables. In front of a curtain there is a symbol of a type, you need to select the type that has the advantage over it.

The only pokemon encountered so far are the gopher, the dark kitty, and the mutt. Nothing else (in Black version).

llavaa said:
Some of these new abilities look great! I wasn't able to check out all of them because the font was just way too small for me

Ctrl + scroll wheel

It'll either be anti-piracy patch or an AR code to give maximum Rare Candies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back