(1) Pokemon Black and Pokemon White are the Fifth Generation Games! [4/8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parasect 0_o said:
Well, I don't know about you guys...BUT LIGHT TYPES WOULD BE SWEET

Yes.

Anyway, stuff's looking cool so far. Not sure if it was a good move to develop these on the DS rather than the next console though.

I think they might be starting over namewise. like they will have black and white, then another more gem like name (ex)gold and silver, then jewels etc.

shadoworganoid said:
Basic color names remind me of the old days. (blue, yellow, red)

Perhaps... that's the point?

After ten years of flashier names, going back to colors seems like a step backwards, but I'm sure there's a good reason for doing it. I'm sure this time next year we'll all have gotten used to the names and life will go on.

I suprised we haven't seen any racial jokes yet from these names... the internet is so immature we usually have something from stuff like this.

Pretty cool. I'm looking forward to these two games. And yeah, no racist comments. I guess people are becoming more mature :/

I could ramble some conspiracy theories now, but I think this is a good step. Honestly they just backed themselves into a corner with the names, and it was starting to get kinda dumb.

Ehh, Black & White? Pretty basic, its even kind of cool.

I predict dat Black is gonna sell better because yeah, black, thats cool right?

I'm liking the whole they could be based in the past thing, though it would have to be eons ago for it to be good.:)

I'll take these names over "Pokémon supreme colorful rainbow dark black" and "Pokémon Extremely diverse spectrum light white" anyday. Simple, short, sweet, too bad these names will probably be the only thing I'll actually like about these games...

Will this mark the 1st game in the series where you can change the skin colour of your main character?
Jynx on the cover of Black?
Mime on the cover of white?
Which one would PMJ get then?
I should stop, shouldn't I?

If you don't buy Pokemon Black, your a racist. XP.

I really am excited for these games. Its been in the works for a while and now we just gotta wait a good year for it to arrive on our doorstep. *Sigh* Oh well.

This is actually good news. I liked it when it was simply colors. Red, Blue, Yellow. It's a good thing they're making "black and white". I'm excited already! Now lets see some starter Pokémon!

Gliscor said:
Pretty cool. I'm looking forward to these two games. And yeah, no racist comments. I guess people are becoming more mature :/

The games haven't come out in America yet.

Just wait. There'll be a few psychos while everyone else is banging their heads on various objects. Sadly it'll probably be more African Americans strengthening stereotypes, which is NOT what they want.

The journalists will have some fun, needless to say.

BTW, I like the names. They're simple, sweet, and long-wanted.

Am I the only one that thought of Michael Jackson's 'Black or White' when I saw the news?

And in all honesty, I'm glad they're sticking to the DS. Some of us players, you know, can only afford one system every 5 years. :/ Still, I imagine some possible trade system would have to be integrated into the system like in GSC where you can't trade with past games...or you have to trade them in a specific way.

I do not like the concept of starting over completely from scratch. >|

Also, I'm happy it wasn't Rose Quartz and Onyx versions. Yaaaay my names can survive without nabs being all 'lolbbq u steel naem form Nintedo lolol'.

We're going back to colors again. It may seem unoriginal, Black and White, but hey. It's better than nothing.

SoulSilver said:
We can't confirm this yet. I'm not believing these are the games until we see scans from CoroCoro and info from Pokemon Sunday. Why go from stones to colors? This screams BS to me.
Why go from colors to stones (RBY > GSC)
shadoworganoid said:
The names could of been better.

Basic color names remind me of the old days. (blue, yellow, red)

Why not do: Chaos Black and Holy White???
Let me guess, religous reasons.... sigh...

HOwever, one thing that stands out to me is that Pokemon Z is a Dark type and seems to be a major pokemon for Gen 5.
With that in mind, there must be an equally special or version exclusive pokemon for White version. Hmmmm...
No, not for religious reasons. Probably because main games never got any prefix, so why would they get one this time? Keep in mind that FRLG and HGSS are remakes. Also in my opinion Black and White sound more original, very refreshing.

Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:
We're going back to colors again. It may seem unoriginal, Black and White, but hey. It's better than nothing.
I think it's the opposite and instead very original. I can imagine all those Pokemon important people guys around a table thinking very hard about names and suddenly one says, very simple, out of nothing; Black and White?

Wow, Black and White, cool. I love going back to basics Anyways, does anyone want to guess that Zorua and Zoroark are exclusive to black?

~Poliwrath

Maybe they will finally add the light type pokemon everyone wants, A dark legendary for black and a light legendary for white. but thats just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back