(1) Pokemon Black and Pokemon White are the Fifth Generation Games! [4/8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were asking how will we be able to transfer Pokemon from our DPPtHgSs games to BW, but if theyre all DS games then we should just be able to transfer wirelessly.

It won't be anything like Pal Park because they're all games on the same system unlike the 3rd gen connecting to 4th gen via Pal Park.

@Card Slinger J: Black and White are not for the 3DS. The 3DS won't even be slightly revealed to the public until E3 in a few months, so the games would already be out before the 3DS would be released. Plus the official site said it's slated for the DS system.

i bet the third version of this gen will be called pokemon grey and it will be released on the nintendo 3DS which will add more features to the game.

I already know what's going to be on the covers: yin and yang pokemon, it's obvious. But I'm really excited for these now that they have a retro spin to it.

i am completely in love with the names
design-wise, white and black are very modern color choices, an in combination can be very sophisticated and even futuristic
i can't wait to find out what Pokémon are going to grace the covers

these logos are also my favorite of any era too!
AWESOME! XD

anybody that makes a racist joke about these two games, is a complete moron...and probably need to be hung by their tongues, vocal cords stripped, and labotomized

I could care less about what they are using for version names...if you really want a change in the battle system, you should probably stick to playing games like Pokemon XD

if the games are going to be on the DS, why do you need backwards compatibility???...it's better that they are on the same system...that way you don't have to wait 24hrs to transfer over 6 more pokemon, or constantly change your clock

the 3rd game of the set may actually be released on the 3DS...after all they did split the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games like that

I like the new logos.

I wouldn't count on any racist jokes, because they were old to begin with. And for that matter, I won't even care.

Do I buy one of these, or wait for the Latino version?

qnetykz said:
anybody that makes a racist joke about these two games, is a complete moron...and probably need to be hung by their tongues, vocal cords stripped, and labotomized

I could care less about what they are using for version names...if you really want a change in the battle system, you should probably stick to playing games like Pokemon XD

if the games are going to be on the DS, why do you need backwards compatibility???...it's better that they are on the same system...that way you don't have to wait 24hrs to transfer over 6 more pokemon, or constantly change your clock

the 3rd game of the set may actually be released on the 3DS...after all they did split the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games like that

Well, uhhh, that's a bit harsh?? Lol, but yes, it would be very childish to make racist jokes about the names. Anyway, in case you didn't know, the 3DS is going to play DS Lite/DSi games, so they don't need to make it specifically for it - unless they will use the accelerometer of the Dual Screens as one.

I absolutely LOVE the names. They are so cleverly thought out, and yet so simple. I am really hoping it's for the DS as opposed to the 3DS.

I hope we get to see the version mascots soon so I can decide which version to import! :D Personally I hope for majestic biped legends instead of the stalky quadrupeds that grace Sinnoh ;) (excluding palkia)

I wasn't trying to be harsh earlier about what I said and If it came out the wrong way I apologize. But you guys do have a point that it is childish and stupid to make racist comments about the new Pokemon games.

I was concerned that If Pokemon Black and White were going to be on the Nintendo 3DS that you wouldn't be able to transfer and trade Pokemon from the DS games with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver.

There's a 3rd game of the set? As in Pokemon Grey? o_O

The names could of been better.

Basic color names remind me of the old days. (blue, yellow, red)

Why not do: Chaos Black and Holy White???
Let me guess, religous reasons.... sigh...

HOwever, one thing that stands out to me is that Pokemon Z is a Dark type and seems to be a major pokemon for Gen 5.
With that in mind, there must be an equally special or version exclusive pokemon for White version. Hmmmm....

Card Slinger J said:
I was concerned that If Pokemon Black and White were going to be on the Nintendo 3DS that you wouldn't be able to transfer and trade Pokemon from the DS games with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver.

There's a 3rd game of the set? As in Pokemon Grey? o_O

These games are confirmed for the original DS, NOT THE 3DS.

There has always been a 3rd game in each gen IE Yellow/Blue, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum. So people are just speculating at this point.

Very sleek, modern, and neat.

However, I can not help but be amused, as when we were little kids, everyone would always make up things about new pokemon games coming out, and black a white version were by far the most popular of the ones people made up.. :p

Very interesting to go back to colours however. Very interested.

I love the idea of the colour - Personally I hated the Gems/Metals. Anyway, for some reason the Z pokemon (Zorua and the other one, can't remember the name :p) they remind me of Lucario so much!!

Jace said:
However, I can not help but be amused, as when we were little kids, everyone would always make up things about new pokemon games coming out, and black a white version were by far the most popular of the ones people made up.. :p

Haha yeah, this was exactly what I was thinking. Maybe I'll get my Mewthree too

Technically black and white are not colours. :p
Anyways, I quite like the names, for some reason it sounds edgy and modern to me. Maybe its just a codename for extension to the name? The logos seem pretty cool, modern also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back