(1) Pokemon Announces 2013-14 Season Changes: Entry Fees, More Prize Support, and More! [8/22]

im just estimating for cities it will be 5 and states regionals and nats 10

3 regionals in the course of 2 days if they charge for both days it would be 60. If able to go to 6 it will be 120.
6 city championships so it would be 30.
1 states 2 days 20. It will be 40 if you can do 2 states.
1 nationals 2 days 20.
1 worlds 3 days 30

probably 170 for a season if they charge entry fee by day but still dont know how much it will really cost. it's almost price of 3ds.

I have to say something cuz im pretty tired of all this crying about entry fees. You guys act like Pokemon is a non-profit company. Pokemon is a business and right now the business is creating new fans and keeping the hardcore ones. The people going to all these tournaments are the target market. Dont forget that league challenges are still free so they didnt forget about you guys. The main point is if you can't afford $5-$20 entry fees then maybe you shouldnt be spending money on cards...you prolly should be focusing on bigger things if your that broke. Obviously the people buying cards are the competive players, collectors, and new players. And it seems to me the people complaining about the fees are people with semi-competive decks who just show up to play and hang out...which is completely fine. But you want Pokemon to pay attention to you and not charge, BUT YOU DONT BUY ENOUGH PRODUCT...and if you did buy tons of product then WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT SMALL FEES WHEN YOU SPENDS HUNDREDS ON CARDS???? do you spend $500 on a deck just to drive 100 miles to a tournament and win 4 packs? The people who do this have been complaining in large numbers and Pokemon is listening (to their taget market) as for the other target market (new players) which are juniors, seniors... theres no charge which makes perfect sense. So to the people complaining please consider that they did think about you guys...(league challenges) but are hoping to make pokemon a bigger more worthwile game in the long run.

For the person who wanted the badge case: I would guess the league organizer isn't entering the info on the league website (from Pokemon). That's the only way you get participation & can order badge cases.

It's also how they determine if you get those Dream World Pokemon for the VG.

As for the other stuff:

While I like the thought of having more chances to get points, I don't like the entry fee thing.
I also don't like the Top 8 thing either.

Cause its going to make the Masters a much nastier group.
With lots more net decking, possible cheating, and decks designed to prevent any sort of fun.

Plus as usual it hurts the people who can't afford to buy the "best" cards.
So most likely the winners are going to be "Mr. Suitcase" types.

goldenthumb said:
im just estimating for cities it will be 5 and states regionals and nats 10

3 regionals in the course of 2 days if they charge for both days it would be 60. If able to go to 6 it will be 120.
6 city championships so it would be 30.
1 states 2 days 20. It will be 40 if you can do 2 states.
1 nationals 2 days 20.
1 worlds 3 days 30

probably 170 for a season if they charge entry fee by day but still dont know how much it will really cost. it's almost price of 3ds.

I have to say something cuz im pretty tired of all this crying about entry fees. You guys act like Pokemon is a non-profit company. Pokemon is a business and right now the business is creating new fans and keeping the hardcore ones. The people going to all these tournaments are the target market. Dont forget that league challenges are still free so they didnt forget about you guys. The main point is if you can't afford $5-$20 entry fees then maybe you shouldnt be spending money on cards...you prolly should be focusing on bigger things if your that broke. Obviously the people buying cards are the competive players, collectors, and new players. And it seems to me the people complaining about the fees are people with semi-competive decks who just show up to play and hang out...which is completely fine. But you want Pokemon to pay attention to you and not charge, BUT YOU DONT BUY ENOUGH PRODUCT...and if you did buy tons of product then WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT SMALL FEES WHEN YOU SPENDS HUNDREDS ON CARDS???? do you spend $500 on a deck just to drive 100 miles to a tournament and win 4 packs? The people who do this have been complaining in large numbers and Pokemon is listening (to their taget market) as for the other target market (new players) which are juniors, seniors... theres no charge which makes perfect sense. So to the people complaining please consider that they did think about you guys...(league challenges) but are hoping to make pokemon a bigger more worthwile game in the long run.
You'd be stupid to be spending that much on a deck tbh. If you spend that much (not saying you specifically but for people who spent 500) you need to reevaluate how you spend your time and how to use the google function because that saves alot of heartache. (Unless youre blingiing out youre deck or are running beaches which would then put the deck easily within that range. Even decks with beaches can loose occasionally so there you go) Most tournaments shouldn't be a 100 mile drive unless you're super hardcore and want to go to ones out of state or whatnot. Smart people will carpool, share hotel rooms, commute using public transportation etc. Also smart people will buy only what they need if their chase cards (specifically chase cards in PLB since the pulls are sometimes so balls awful) test online for free with players then trade around for common copies and such if theyre on a budget. I'm a college student and I don't blow 500 bucks for my decks-the majority of everything I have was aquired through trading old school cards at past Regionals/BR/States and occasionally buying packs and maybe a box or so wholesale.

If they re-instate POP packs for winner of League challenges or shiny energies or SOMETHING worthwhile other than code cards then yes, I'll consider they did think of the players. Am I completely against fees? Only if they vary so greatly that one area is charging 10-20 bucks more than an area local to me. I'd like some small regulation on it, no offense, and some consistency goes a long way.

As a side note, I was under the impression that league challenges still had an entry fee, and I seriously doubt my slightly greedy league leader is going to do those for free even though they might be sanctioned as such...

Kalyst said:
goldenthumb said:
You'd be stupid to be spending that much on a deck tbh. If you spend that much (not saying you specifically but for people who spent 500) you need to reevaluate how you spend your time and how to use the google function because that saves alot of heartache. (Unless youre blingiing out youre deck or are running beaches which would then put the deck easily within that range. Even decks with beaches can loose occasionally so there you go) Most tournaments shouldn't be a 100 mile drive unless you're super hardcore and want to go to ones out of state or whatnot. Smart people will carpool, share hotel rooms, commute using public transportation etc. Also smart people will buy only what they need if their chase cards (specifically chase cards in PLB since the pulls are sometimes so balls awful) test online for free with players then trade around for common copies and such if theyre on a budget. I'm a college student and I don't blow 500 bucks for my decks-the majority of everything I have was aquired through trading old school cards at past Regionals/BR/States and occasionally buying packs and maybe a box or so wholesale.

If they re-instate POP packs for winner of League challenges or shiny energies or SOMETHING worthwhile other than code cards then yes, I'll consider they did think of the players. Am I completely against fees? Only if they vary so greatly that one area is charging 10-20 bucks more than an area local to me. I'd like some small regulation on it, no offense, and some consistency goes a long way.

As a side note, I was under the impression that league challenges still had an entry fee, and I seriously doubt my slightly greedy league leader is going to do those for free even though they might be sanctioned as such...

in that case, you report them.

Back