(1) 'Plasma Storm' Booster Packs, Spring 2013 Tins! [11/30]

So few EXs O_O. Unless they are amazing I bet they won't sell many boxes. Lugia isn't doing great in Japan.

Did anyone else hear that thud noise?.... It was the sound of Keldeo EX non-FA's price dropping like a rock! :p

I love the pack art on that Liepard.

Brave Vesperia said:
Did anyone else hear that thud noise?... It was the sound of Keldeo EX non-FA's price dropping like a rock! :p

I love the pack art on that Liepard.

It's not like the price will be dropping anytime soon...

Furn said:
Are there any other Meloetta cards they could be other than the McDonalds anime based ones? I won't bother getting the Japanese ones if it looks like we're getting them.

It looks like they are the McDonald's versions. Those seem to be the only Meloetta cards we don't have.

Guys ... Remember Corless ! And We may get the Darkrai FA (plasma) and Giratina (FA) But I gotta admit ... why did they put Skyla In BC , I mean now there is less Ultra Rares in PS ... but don't count on FA Bkyurem , WKyurem , Zapdos , and Moltres ... Ik they did it with Zekrom EX and Reshiram EX but still ...

:D

I can't wait for plasma storm now! xD and I'm glad I didn't preorder keldeo right about now too! The only thing I would've liked to see is a Landous EX tin....

but overall this is really cool and I can't wait! :D

Teal said:
Broken Pokemon EX said:
I feel like I'm the only one who loves the Lugia on the pack art. The Lugia EX in the set is what really looks horrible. So let down by the art on it given that it's the featured card of the set pretty much -_-
Full art or normal? I think they look awesome.

I mean, look at this (the "scanned" version of the FA looks worse):
$T2eC16JHJGwE9n)ySd8KBQYGDt)tZg~~60_35.JPG
LugiaEXPlasmaGale59.jpg

His face is totally botched in the normal art, and I'm personally not a fan of the FA plasma cards, not just Lugia. They should have just let Shizurow do all of the EX art.

Imagine a store shelf two-thirds full... And there's all the Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. That's how I project the Keldeo tins to sell, seeing how the other two cards are subpar EX Pokemon.

As for the Plasma Storm expansion itself I'm looking forward to Articuno. The 2nd attack is purely overkill, and pretty much destroys everything. I'm expecting Blastoise to continue seeing play come February for that matter. Lugia is good, but the hype around it is just too much. It isn't very exceptional, though its ability does help against opposing Pokemon, especially EXs. And are we getting the better Trainer cards that were "Switch"ed out of our Boundaries Crossed? Hoping to see them, especially when it's a set with such a great number of cards.

Okay, I'm really starting to doubt of the TPCi staff's ability to think.
Every english set until now has had 6 EXs, all with full-art versions. Now, you have 4 main jap set EXs (all with a full art) plus 4 EXs that come from jap decks but don't have FAs. 2 of them (the Kyurem formes) don't really have much to do with set theme, but the 2 birds do. How do you solve this for the English set?
You include the other 2 birds from the theme decks in the main set and give them FAs, so the set will maintain the pattern of 6 EXs-6 FAs. Then, you release the dragons as Promos (either in tins or boxes), since the previous Black/White Kyurem-EX from Boundaries Crossed already have FAs, so it's not a big deal if these two are left without them. RIGHT?
No, you shove the 4 EXs from the theme decks in the main set and leave it with 8 EXs, but only 4 FA, leaving Zapdos and Moltres without FA cards for them (Couldn't they ask PCL to make the FA for Zapdos and Moltres?), plus 2 Dragon EXs that don't fit in the set at all and could have been released in the announced tins, which, instead will have unnecessary alt. artwork versions of the ones in Boundaries Crossed.
Genius.

Facepalm at TPCi making Wkyurem and Bkyurem tins. But i guess its good business since its easy to market those cards to juniors since their the main legendary in B/W2. I guess a keldeo EX tin would be cool. I was just really hoping for the 3 Genie EXs. Oh well though this years tins were amazing and all 3 are very playable but i forgot that we can't expect TPCi to do anything right more than once a year haha. I actually like plasma storm though. Iv'e heard about some fairly playable cards that aren't EXs coming in this set. I just really want to see creativity in deckbuilding open up A LOT (while staying competitive).

exdarkrai01 said:
Facepalm at TPCi making Wkyurem and Bkyurem tins. But i guess its good business since its easy to market those cards to juniors since their the main legendary in B/W2. I guess a keldeo EX tin would be cool. I was just really hoping for the 3 Genie EXs. Oh well though this years tins were amazing and all 3 are very playable but i forgot that we can't expect TPCi to do anything right more than once a year haha. I actually like plasma storm though. Iv'e heard about some fairly playable cards that aren't EXs coming in this set. I just really want to see creativity in deckbuilding open up A LOT (while staying competitive).

We won't have Thundurus for ages lol.

Oh crap... Keldeo EX in a tin... Blastoise decks are now gonna be everywhere. T-T (Full set in the theme deck and NOW the Keldeo EX Tin means you can build it relatively cheap now come spring)

Anybody who loves Fire Type Pokemon: RUN AWAY!!! USE THEM SMOKE BALLS!!! DX

As for the sets... The Black and White Kyurems SHOULD have been the Deck Promos. WTH was TPCi THINKING?! First you cut the most anticipated item cards in Boundaries Crossed and now THIS?! o_O

I'm just hoping Ghetsis isn't in this set. Everybody's gonna run Colress though. Best draw card in the game is coming.

Since it says 4 Full-art card Pokemon and not like usual 'Six more Pokémon-EX cards and six full-art Pokémon-EX rare Ultra cards'(From Boundaries Crossed description) , They may be non-EX pokemon Full Art cards(Darkrai FA and Giratina FA).

woooohooooo sign me up for all 3 tins!!! =O LUGIA!!! T-T MUST GET THAT FA!!!

Coutihno said:
Since it says 4 Full-art card Pokemon and not like usual 'Six more Pokémon-EX cards and six full-art Pokémon-EX rare Ultra cards'(From Boundaries Crossed description) , They may be non-EX pokemon Full Art cards(Darkrai FA and Giratina FA).

I really hope thats the case since they doesn't write "EX FA cards". I wonder what the other FA cards could be then? But I will be so dissapointed if its only 4 Fullarts in the set, since I really want FA versions of Moltres and Zapdos. And there is really no reason for them to leave out FA Colress!

I really don't see why they can't just make a full art of the other EXs.
So what if they would be English exclusive? The Japanese always have exclusive cards. Why not just once can we just get something cooler than they do? It's not like they can't release them later in some other promo deck or something.
I dunno, but having only half of the EXs in the set have a full art version is just the most rediculous thing IMO. Especially having a full art Articuno without Zapdos or Moltres.
Then again maybe we have all just misinterpreted the description and will get rad looking full art birds. If so, swell :D

i don't like the new black/white kyurem EX cards, its weird having the same pokemon as EX for two sets in a row

Setosama said:
Oh crap... Keldeo EX in a tin... Blastoise decks are now gonna be everywhere. T-T (Full set in the theme deck and NOW the Keldeo EX Tin means you can build it relatively cheap now come spring)

Anybody who loves Fire Type Pokemon: RUN AWAY!!! USE THEM SMOKE BALLS!!! DX

As for the sets... The Black and White Kyurems SHOULD have been the Deck Promos. WTH was TPCi THINKING?! First you cut the most anticipated item cards in Boundaries Crossed and now THIS?! o_O

I'm just hoping Ghetsis isn't in this set. Everybody's gonna run Colress though. Best draw card in the game is coming.
First of all, Ghetsis is a disrupting supporter. Second of all, most players only keep 2-4 pokemon on the bench. that means your drawing 4-8 cards. Hardly worth it.

Pokemonlover903 said:
i don't like the new black/white kyurem EX cards, its weird having the same pokemon as EX for two sets in a row

the new BK and WK cards are actually much more playable, although I agree they should've totally just thrown the original two BK/WK EX's into a fire or something :p

Back