(1) 'Plasma Gale' Victini-EX, Articuno-EX, and Set List Revealed [9/11]

Seeing as this set only has 4 EXs and Zapdos and Moltres are being released in Japan separately, we can assume we're getting all three of the birds when this set gets an international release. The only thing I'm worried about is the lack of a Moltres and Zapdos FA. I know the same thing happened with Zekrom EX and Reshiram EX but because they are version mascots I wasn't surprised that they got FA cards.

Also did anyone else notice how Colress is a secret rare in the same set as the regular card?

MasterGallade said:
Card I'm Most Excited For:

Gallade.

:3c

So true. After 14 sets/3 years, Gallade is finally returning to the TCG! It should have appeared back in ND b/c of Gardevoir, but for some reason, it wasn't printed. After that, it still didn't show up, but now, we finally got one! I really can't wait to see the artwork for this one, and I also hope it will be really good in some way. Maybe it will work with Gardevoir ND in which Gallade will have an attack that works with Gardevoir's ability (like an attack that states does 40/50 + 10 more damage for each {P} energy attached to all of your Pokemon). If not that, then it will most likely be a Plasma Pokemon that might work with them in some way.

As for the EXs... they all look kind of mediocre right now. Articuno has a rather bland spread and paralyze attack, while Victini only hits for 100 at the most (better off using Bouffalant DRX since it hits for 120, which means even if an EX has an Eviolite, it will still two shot compared to Victini) and only attaches 2 energy cards to the bench (coupled with the low 110 HP). Cobalion also doesn't have such awesome attacks either (30 and discard an energy, and a 100 damage attack that is good for hitting through Sigilyph). Lugia is the only one that will be good. Otherwise, they are all disappointing.

Skyla full-art looks very cute! I'm curious to see how full art Colress will look like, but I'll bet it will look very cool in a similar fashion to the full-art N. Dowsing Cord being the new Junk Arm is good to hear too. Again, I think PCL did a good move in making it an ACE SPEC because if it wasn't, it would speed up the format dramatically and be bad for the metagame, much like what would've happened if Computer Search wasn't an ACE SPEC.

I even found an interesting and happy find. Number 68/70 lists a card named Scramble Switch. Its listed below Plasma Energy, so that means there is a typo. The card isn't called Scramble Switch but Scramble Energy! You know what this means? Scramble Energy is officially back in the metagame!

PokeDan23 said:
Seeing as this set only has 4 EXs and Zapdos and Moltres are being released in Japan separately, we can assume we're getting all three of the birds when this set gets an international release. The only thing I'm worried about is the lack of a Moltres and Zapdos FA. I know the same thing happened with Zekrom EX and Reshiram EX but because they are version mascots I wasn't surprised that they got FA cards.

Also did anyone else notice how Colress is a secret rare in the same set as the regular card?

N was too, back in Noble Victories.

Scramble Switch: Switch your active pokemon with one of your benched pokemon. Then, you may move any number of energy attached to that pokemon to the new active pokemon

Clefable it has an ability that lets you flip a coin, and if heads, you search your deck for a pokemon that evolves from one of your pokemon and then evolve it that pokemon can still evolve this turn

as long as togekiss is in the active position, any trainer cards that your opponent plays from their hand don't affect your pokemon

Gallade does 20 damage times the number of energy on your side of the field

Magnezone lets you play 2 supporters

HenryP said:
Scramble Switch: Switch your active pokemon with one of your benched pokemon. Then, you may move any number of energy attached to that pokemon to the new active pokemon

Clefable it has an ability that lets you flip a coin, and if heads, you search your deck for a pokemon that evolves from one of your pokemon and then evolve it that pokemon can still evolve this turn

as long as togekiss is in the active position, any trainer cards that your opponent plays from their hand don't affect your pokemon

Well, looks like I was completely wrong about Scramble Switch actually being Scramble Energy then, because it looks like it is actually an ACE SPEC with a really good effect!

It appears that I was right about Gallade having an attack that can deal huge damage with a lot of energy out. Already, this card works extremely well with Gardevoir ND. Having Gardevoir ND out and 8 energies out means it can hit for 160! Really liking that.

And Magnezone playing 2 supporters a turn? Yes Please!

Having 8 energy cards on the field would actually mean 320 damage with Gardevoir and Gallade in play.

HenryP said:

Please tell me you were guessing, and you didn't translate them. If not... Those are some stupid good cards. Scramble Switch, ACE SPEC, pretty balanced, not an ACE SPEC, broken. Clefable, stupid, because I can't play it, it will get 90% tails every game in tournaments. Togekiss, depends on the attack. Gallade, meh. Magnezone, broken.

I'm really happy about Articuno, it makes Lugia and Plasma brigade less broken. EDIT: Read it wrong, it's broken. I'm sure Victini will have some use to it at some point, I just can't think of what it is right now, Terrakion and Ho-oh EX are the best things I can come up with. Might need to run some SSU's to get it off the field. Lugia makes it unplayable though.

Aaron said:
Having 8 energy cards on the field would actually mean 320 damage with Gardevoir and Gallade in play.

Whoops, my bad with the math. Apparently, just having 5 Psychic energy cards attached everywhere with Gardevoir out means you'll be hitting for 200 damage! My goodness! We could be seeing another GG deck archetype once again!:D

Do you know the energy cost for Gallade's 20 x number of energy in play attack? Do you also know what is his other attack or ability? Is he a Team Plasma card?

Anyone else think Articuno-EX is really OP? constant T2 paralock with Blastoise, Cilan, and Colress machine?
Victini-EX is gonna make an awesome starter.

Puff said:
Anyone else think Articuno-EX is really OP? constant T2 paralock with Blastoise, Cilan, and Colress machine?

Espeon, Audino (FB/CF), Switch, Warp Point all remedy that.

Puff said:

No, because it only works when they have plasma energy on them, it also puts Plasma Brigade in line.

Machamp the Champion said:
I'm really happy about Articuno, it makes Lugia and Plasma brigade less broken.
...please tell me you're joking. Neither of them are weak to each other or hamper each other...one card being good does not make the other card any less good. It just means that one will be played more than the other. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ty_Sylicus said:
Articuno art looks sooo cool! <3 <3 It's still my favorite Pokemon after all these long years.

I wonder if Torterra will be anygood? Oh and Infernape! I'm so happy they are re-doing all the starters in BW sets. :)
Now we just need Sceptile, Swampert, and all the HG starters.
Lots of old Pokemon here to be interested in!

Torterra has to rule!!!!!!

Back