(1) 'Plasma Freeze' Booster Packs and Theme Decks Revealed! [2/16]

Furn

Aspiring Trainer
So Glaceon is now non-holo in the set, I really hope they stop doing this in XY.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Just pointing out a small error, you mentioned that Tornadus is on the booster pack when it is Thundurus.
That aside, looks ok.

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
I didn't see it in the posting, so, when will this set be released?

Edit: Nevermind. Clicked on one of the links. May.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Leafeon and Glaceon? Dang, it's like Majestic Dawn all over again. Yet doesn't Glaceon far outshine Leafeon in this set?
The pack arts are pretty interesting as well, though. I'm loving that Deoxys. (obviously.)

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Meh, not a big fan of the art on the packs. I like the theme deck art for Glaceon though. Speaking of, why did they make Glaceon on non holo?! I think it was a weird idea in the original Spiral Force/Thunder Knuckle to have Umbreon and Glaceon be the holo's (both also being the only ones with abilities), and the others all be uncommon.

GamerXYZ

Aspiring Trainer
I'm glad to see the decks are about Glaceon and Leafeon. Last theme decks (starting with Dark Explorers 50/50: Cofag's was awesome, but Zoroark's started a chain of terrible theme decks as a stand-alone (the decks did have some nice cards for competitive decks of course, like Blastoise. But as a stand-alone, they were badly built, and I'm basing this on what's expected from theme decks, of course)).

I simply care about that as I love playing theme deck duels in TCGO.

Anyway, the reason I think this, is because the mentioned theme decks were based on "special" Pokemon (Zoroark, Kyurems, Giratina, and the new Dragon-type). Basically, sell the theme decks on hype alone, not on contents. Sometimes shift a good card in (like Blastoise), and they keep everyone's attention.

Of course, I could be very wrong for 2 reasons:
1. Glaceon and Leafeon could be seen as special due to Sylveon and/or Team Plasma cards still being relatively new then (only the 2nd set).
2. Zekrom's and Reshiram's theme decks were of awesome quality for theme decks, perhaps even among the best.

DNA said:
Leafeon and Glaceon? Dang, it's like Majestic Dawn all over again. Yet doesn't Glaceon far outshine Leafeon in this set?
The pack arts are pretty interesting as well, though. I'm loving that Deoxys. (obviously.)

There's a bigger difference between this set's Giratina and Druddigon, than next set's Glaceon and Leafeon.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Wow the box art and packs look pretty cool. Hopefully I can get some more cards soon XD. I liked the 2 cards below this post also XD.:)

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
GamerXYZ said:
There's a bigger difference between this set's Giratina and Druddigon, than next set's Glaceon and Leafeon.
Never talk about that horrible Druddigon ever ever again.