(1) P!P Premiere Event Schedule to Change This Year: Two-Day Regionals? [8/21]

Certainly interesting. Can't wait to see some of the changes. I predict a change of either the ELO system or a complete revamp of the system. Certainly can't wait to play two regionals ;D

hope they do double regionals for everyone. regionals was my absolute favorite event and would love to have 2 per year :)

You put the K Value of BRs as 8, instead of 4.

I'm hoping because of this that more Regionals will be added. Mainly a DC one.

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!!!!

This is awesome, because there was no way that I would be able to wait until March for a tournaments that matter (States). Also it is on my Birthday, maybe I can get my dad to take me for a present or something. I hope all the Regionals run on this time, I feel it would be really unfair for some people, because it would make it so some players could go to 2 Regionals depending on where they live and how much money they have, while some people still won't be able to make it to 1.

I hope the do an extra one in November in the Great Lakes area. It's annoying waiting until March to play in a big tournament. Also, the two day thing isn't really new, because my Regionals went until Sunday this year (because of Top 8).

So Noble Victories Pre-releases will be the last weekend in October and the first weekend in November. This confims that Noble Victories will be released in stores on November 9th 2011.

win. I sure hope this doesn't end up as trollface.jpg... I'll start looking for a babysitter. ;)

edit: looked at the tournament organizer's site, they said south west regionals will be held in fall EVERY year starting this year. :)

Wow, I'm excited. This is gonna be my first regionals :D. Just wondering, do we know where it is gonna be held yet?

Wait, Regional will be in November? I don't know about this. I mean, I think we need the meta-game to develop more for such a large tournament.

superman said:
Wait, Regional will be in November? I don't know about this. I mean, I think we need the meta-game to develop more for such a large tournament.
I would imagine we are not allowed to use NV in regionals as it comes out the week before regionals. Our regionals format will probably be our battle roads format.

I hope they have two Regionals in Florida, it will make up for me not being able to go to the one earlier this year!

Regional Championships: Nov. 12th - 13th (Confirmed only for SoCal at this time)
Are they trying to make us all quit the game, or are they making a bad move and shifting their attention over to juniors?

I'm personally immensely dissatisfied (I live in SoCal). It's too soon for them to be having a Regionals like this. And why does it have to be 2 days long? We did fine with just a 1-day before. What's the big deal?

Edit: And on a lighter unrelated note, I wish the best of luck and wishes to WPM when he starts grad school.

DNA said:
Are they trying to make us all quit the game, or are they making a bad move and shifting their attention over to juniors?

I'm personally immensely dissatisfied (I live in SoCal). It's too soon for them to be having a Regionals like this. And why does it have to be 2 days long? We did fine with just a 1-day before. What's the big deal?

Edit: And on a lighter unrelated note, I wish the best of luck and wishes to WPM when he starts grad school.
You didn't play top cut. Top cut is PAINFUL when it is same day as socal main rounds.

I would imagine CA is the only state to have 2 regionals as it has been in the past. I would imagine half of the regionals that were in april will be moved to November. No new regionals I would guess, but you never know. ;D

Living in SoCal, I have very mixed feelings about the 2-day, 2 dates regionals. First, November? Really?! Why so soon? The Metagame will have barely changed at all. Second, it was hard enough to get 1 day off for regionals, now I might have to ask for 2 days? And possibly even get a hotel room? All and all I just don't think regionals would be worth it this year. Sorry P!P.

maybe Regionals will be better now, IMO. less people will be attending due to the date/s and the metagame being Yanmega variants and reshiram variants with a splash of donphan and zekroms. Noble Victors will be a fresh set. being released right before the event. it'll just make things unexpected.

@superman, umm.. wasn't there no established metagame before our Nationals event? just sayin'

I for one, will be glad if I win, cuz it would be super cool to have an invite to nationals and be able to coast and just mess around all season. kind of like I did last year because the metagame was all stale and boring.

it also means I can go to Nor Cal's Regionals too if I want to as well.

@ DNA, how is this focusing on Juniors? however, I am in total agreement that 2 days is too much.

This isn't exactly a secret at this point, so I think I'm okay to say something. I've known since Nationals when a particular PTO asked me to staff in November.

They are splitting Regionals in half. Some will stay in April, others will move to November. They are not adding additional Regionals to my knowledge.

With the split, attendance will obviously be significantly higher at each tournament, so they will all be two-day events.

DNA said:

I wonder if you ever attended a Regionals with over 250 players, or Nationals when it was still two days. Running from 8am to 2am the next morning is not fun for players or staff, and turns it into more an endurance test than a test of play skill.

zephilim said:
Second, it was hard enough to get 1 day off for regionals, now I might have to ask for 2 days? And possibly even get a hotel room?

I always got a hotel room anyway. The drive to my closest Regional was too long to attempt to drive back the same night. I think for most people this changes nothing.

The change makes sense to me. Since almost everyone will not make it to the top, it's still a one-day event if you choose not to come back the next day to watch the final matches. And as a result, the day is less stressful since they are moving part of it to Sunday.

Water Pokémon Master said:
The change makes sense to me. Since almost everyone will not make it to the top, it's still a one-day event if you choose not to come back the next day to watch the final matches. And as a result, the day is less stressful since they are moving part of it to Sunday.

That's true, never thought of it that way. Still kinda sucks if you don't book a room because you don't expect to to cut, and then miraculously make it. Oh well, I'm all for less stress that day though. :p

Back