(1) Official Japanese Pokemon Website Also Posts About the January 8th Announcement [1/4]

HeatRotomFTW97 said:
NachoMan and other R/S people:

I think the real discrepancy we are having is over the pattern of remakes. Most people on here think that remakes come out two Pokémon generations after the original games. But I think Generation V of Pokémon throws that off course. Think about it like this. FRLG came out on the GBA, the sixth generation of handheld consoles, and Red/Blue came out on the GameBoy, the fourth generation of said consoles. That's a two generation gap. Same thing with G/S: GBC was (allegedly :p) fifth generation, and DS was seventh generation. So, going by that pattern, we should be getting R/S remakes for the 3DS, which, as I said and many others have said as well, is just not feasible before the Generation VI new region/Pokémon game is released. I think we will get R/S 3DS in time, but not in 2013.

This brings me to another point: those expecting D/P remakes in Generation VI are going to be disappointed I literally cannot think of a reason in the world why they'd release two remakes in the same generation, aside from the Pokémon generation pattern, which is about to be broken today (pardon my hubris). Going by the above pattern, D/P remakes should be released on the "4DS" (ninth handheld generation, which may not exist given competition from smartphones/tablets/other technological gizmos). Though, I guess we'll see. Only a few more hours until this hype train pulls into the station. XD

Yes,
instead of looking at this purely from a generation perspective, the technical part obviously matters too.

So the reasonable way to look at it is something like this:

Gen 3 they made 3 main games +2 nostalgic games (RSE&FRLG) and then moved to the next handheld

Gen 4 they made 3 main games +2 nostalgic games (DPt&HGSS) but instead of waiting for the next handheld they decided to STAY ON DS A BIT LONGER, making 2 more main games and even +2 main games with more nostalgic aspect that is usually milked by remakes.

The announcement is to come via a special Nintendo Direct called "Pokémon Direct" and will be a worldwide viewing at 11am GMT, 8pm in Japan and 6am EST!!!

:D

@NachoMan You have a lot of points there with hints. The problem is that there is no way that we know that what happens in the games, hints toward the new Gen.

I thought we (TPM and I) told you to drop the fight. You are just looking for a fight and get to say "(player-x) is bashing." The best we can do is stop arguing and wait for a day. None of you will change anything.

I agree with HeatRotom. You may say that Gen 5 was "Gen 4.5" making it a different Gen from the others in different aspects. GF is trying to rush this Gen and adding RSE remakes won't make it faster.

J31 said:
The announcement is to come via a special Nintendo Direct called "Pokémon Direct" and will be a worldwide viewing at 11am GMT, 8pm in Japan and 6am EST!!!

Are you sure about that? The Japanese website has a countdown timer which indicates that it starts in 37 hours...

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/important_announce/?a001=msign

Am I the only one seeing 37 more hours?

HeatRotomFTW97 said:
J31 said:

Are you sure about that? The Japanese website has a countdown timer which indicates that it starts in 37 hours...

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/important_announce/?a001=msign

Am I the only one seeing 37 more hours?
Im seeing 29 Hours.

Must be really big if they are dedicating a Nintendo Direct to it! Less than 24 hours!

EDIT: To all those confused about the time, all of Nintendo's Twitters have tweeted the times, that countdown on the Japanese site is off.

It will be 10 minutes long be worldwide on each individual Nintendo site. 0_o

okay I'm really confused, some of you guys say it's only a couple hrs away, and others say that it's still a day away, when's the announcement? D:

The Pikachu Mafia said:
okay I'm really confused, some of you guys say it's only a couple hrs away, and others say that it's still a day away, when's the announcement? D:

Tomorrow for sure!

The Pikachu Mafia said:

Tomorrow at 6am Eastern.

pokebeach's countdown is also wrong lol

imagine all the readers waiting for this at the wrong time :(

How is it wrong?

EDIT: I see, it's also programmed off your computer's time like the one on the Japanese site. -_- Removed from the news story!

The guy who makes the news for Pokebeach is awesome he really knows his stuff! On the bad side I have to wake up at 2:50 A.M tomorrow. -__-

Back