(1) Official Japanese Pokemon Website Also Posts About the January 8th Announcement [1/4]

Okay I'd like to start with a new slate. First off, while Mitja and Teal may have posted some rather aggressive posts, My posts along with others where probably just as aggressive. Also NachoMan, I know that you're a RS remake supporter and you're just trying to make a reasonable case, but saying that anyone who doesn't agree is bashing, is bashing in of itself. Not only that, but it puts a bad face on anyone who actually does believe in RS remakes. On the other hand, none of these so called "reasons" for RS remakes or the 6th gen really mean anything, even though the 6th gen argument is probably better than the RS remake one, neither of them are really good to begin with. If you think about it, the best thing to do is stop attacking each other and wait until the announcement is made after all the game is supposed to be about having fun, but when people get angry and attack other people over something trivial like an announcement, fun is the last word that would come to your mind...

Thank you TPM I couldn't have said it better. I hope this calms everyone.

What if the "evolution of Pokemon" is really an evolution (no not Eevee). I mean that pokemon that have evolve twice, may evolve again. That is literally "the evolution of Pokemon" and it is something completely unexpected that could come with the next games. That would make it a WW announcement. I got this idea after seeing the pokedex entry of Magnezone.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
Okay I'd like to start with a new slate. First off, while Mitja and Teal may have posted some rather aggressive posts, My posts along with others where probably just as aggressive. Also NachoMan, I know that you're a RS remake supporter and you're just trying to make a reasonable case, but saying that anyone who doesn't agree is bashing, is bashing in of itself. Not only that, but it puts a bad face on anyone who actually does believe in RS remakes. On the other hand, none of these so called "reasons" for RS remakes or the 6th gen really mean anything, even though the 6th gen argument is probably better than the RS remake one, neither of them are really good to begin with. If you think about it, the best thing to do is stop attacking each other and wait until the announcement is made after all the game is supposed to be about having fun, but when people get angry and attack other people over something trivial like an announcement, fun is the last word that would come to your mind...

Didn't you hear? Pokemon is srs bznz dood.

Bolt the Cat said:
NachoMan said:
Even THIS. Has bashing.

You have a very loose definition of bashing if you think that's bashing. No one's attacking anyone in that example. At any rate, you still haven't given me one good reason why RS remakes are coming next.

NachoMan, if you think that my comment on SoulSilver's "argument" for remakes was bashing, then you must consider politics all out nuclear warfare. I was not trying to bash SoulSilver in any way. I was commenting on the user's bias and lack of tangible ideas. No concrete evidence besides vague references have been given, still. Quite frankly, attacks on ideas are not bashing; attacks on PEOPLE SPECIFICALLY are bashing. Please understand.

To the R/S remake camp as a whole: I think you can admit at this point that your idea lacks support compared to Gen VI. If you want to avoid criticism provide more ideas. Thanks!

RoboSox said:
Poison evolution for Eevee. In addition, poison now becomes super-effective against water-type and dragon-type. Poison desperately needs a boost. The second evolution should be steel. I hope the manage to make the design of a steel-type Eevee flow well and not look like a walking heap of trash.

I agree with both points. Poison is a terrible offensive type and definitely needs a boost, but I don't understand how it would be super effective against Dragon types. I think Poison should be super effective against Bug, Water, and Grass. Also, remember Wormadam Trash Forme? I can see where you're coming from when a hopeful new design for Eevee doesn't look like trash. At least that's what I wish for.

The Yoshi said:
RoboSox said:
Poison evolution for Eevee. In addition, poison now becomes super-effective against water-type and dragon-type. Poison desperately needs a boost. The second evolution should be steel. I hope the manage to make the design of a steel-type Eevee flow well and not look like a walking heap of trash.

I agree with both points. Poison is a terrible offensive type and definitely needs a boost, but I don't understand how it would be super effective against Dragon types. I think Poison should be super effective against Bug, Water, and Grass. Also, remember Wormadam Trash Forme? I can see where you're coming from when a hopeful new design for Eevee doesn't look like trash. At least that's what I wish for.

Thanks for your input. Poison could be super-effective against dragons because it perverts the "purity, dignity, etc" that they are thought to have. Think of it as corruption. As for steel-type Eevee, I don't want it to look like a monstrosity, but I also don't want them to slap a gear or wire on it and call it steel.

This is a PG-13 forum. Arguing =/= bashing kiddies.

R/S remakes would be terribly anticlimactic. There are no hints, (We got tons of S/G hints prior) and as people have said, no real evidence to stand on. I think remakes are highly unlikely.

Usually eeveelutions come in pairs, (or a threesome) so I think this will be a normal-type eeveelution (Since apparently we're only getting one). It would be odd to have just one type without some other.

Wait... "Evolving in 2013"...
I don't think this means just Gen 6, The End of Pokemon, or R/S Remakes.
I feel like they will "Evolve" the franchise.
I'm pretty sure this a reference to the 3DS, as it is an "Evolution" to Pokemon. May this also mean a change in Mechanics? Graphics?
Will there finally be voice acting?
I do think that a Generation 6 would help push this change a lot further than R/S Remakes, as the BW Era did bring in many new fans who do not have the same nostalgia we do for R/S.
I'd say that this means Generation 6 with much more enhanced 3D Graphics and cinematics, possibly streamlined Story and Gameplay. They have the Technology, and they've certainly been steeping towards it. Game Freak wants to stop making Baby Steps and start making Leaps.
However, I could be all wrong...only Tuesday will tell.

It isn't to say that both could happen.

R/S remake for people who like the top down view

Generation 6 for people who like the third person POV.

Right now, there are absolutely zero facts as to what goes where, and sometimes, they would hint you at one thing, only to throw you a curveball and give you another. Nothing is certain until they announce what they are going to announce.

signofzeta said:
It isn't to say that both could happen.

R/S remake for people who like the top down view

Generation 6 for people who like the third person POV.

Right now, there are absolutely zero facts as to what goes where, and sometimes, they would hint you at one thing, only to throw you a curveball and give you another. Nothing is certain until they announce what they are going to announce.
I agree with this, but I know for certain that both wouldn't happen.
Unless somehow they can fit either Gen 6 or R/S into one game, Nintendo would not be very keen on releasing up to four games at once.
It would be nice, but too much in-brand competition would result with less profit.

Flygon2071 said:
Red, Green, Blue: I suppose for the starters.
Yellow: Pikachu
Gold, Silver: Never played them but I suppose because of color of Ho-oh and Lugia.
Crystal: No idea why
Ruby, Sapphire: I don't see any reason.
Emeral: ^
Diamond, Pearl: I suppose that is because of Dialga's Diamond and Palkia's Pearl.
Platinum: None
Black, White: Ying and Yang.
Black 2, White 2: Ying Yang two.
Orange, Purple. The region's now Orange and Purple legendary dominate and/or love the colors purple and orange Fire (equivalent to Orange) and Ghost (equivalent to Purple).
Topaz, Opal: The legendaries have a necklace of Topaz and the other of Opal

images

I believe RSE were titled that to mirror the original RBG, as rubies, sapphires, and emeralds are gemstoneswhich contain the colours of the original games.

Akamu54 said:
Flygon2071 said:
Red, Green, Blue: I suppose for the starters.
Yellow: Pikachu
Gold, Silver: Never played them but I suppose because of color of Ho-oh and Lugia.
Crystal: No idea why
Ruby, Sapphire: I don't see any reason.
Emeral: ^
Diamond, Pearl: I suppose that is because of Dialga's Diamond and Palkia's Pearl.
Platinum: None
Black, White: Ying and Yang.
Black 2, White 2: Ying Yang two.
Orange, Purple. The region's now Orange and Purple legendary dominate and/or love the colors purple and orange Fire (equivalent to Orange) and Ghost (equivalent to Purple).
Topaz, Opal: The legendaries have a necklace of Topaz and the other of Opal

images

I believe RSE were titled that to mirror the original RBG, as rubies, sapphires, and emeralds are gemstoneswhich contain the colours of the original games.

I thought Game Freak was beginning to get over the Colour/Mineral thing...
They've done it so many times it's become a bit redundant.

Pokemon Rainbow version
Pokemon Monochrome version

Pokemon Cyan version
Pokemon Magenta version

Pokemon Wedgie version
Pokemon Swirlie version

And the third game would be Pokemon Wet Willie version

I, for one, wouldn't mind having RS remakes and Gen VI announced at the same time, but having the RS remakes come out before the Gen VI games, and have hints towards the Gen VI plot line. Also, I'm surprised that nobody brought up the point about N traveling to a distant region (mentioned by Looker at the end of BW). Could that possibly be the Gen VI region? Or an older region?

signofzeta said:
Whatever the announcement is going to be, I bet we are all going to say, "this is going to be sick".

unless the announcement is something like this:

"And the big announcement is... that we'll have a really big announcement in a few months!"

sorry, I just had to :p

The Pikachu Mafia said:
signofzeta said:
Whatever the announcement is going to be, I bet we are all going to say, "this is going to be sick".

"And the big announcement is... that we'll have a really big announcement in a few months!"

Or "We sold our franchise to Electronic Arts".

signofzeta said:
The Pikachu Mafia said:

Or "We sold our franchise to Electronic Arts".

At least its not Capcom or Square Enix...

The big announcement?

"Pokemon Conquest Snap U Pikachu Trozei for the 3DS"

The Spinoff to end all Spinoffs...

Back