(1) November's English Set: 'Legendary Treasures' [8/19]

Sounds to me like a "best of" the BW series. This set may allow some staples to carry through to when it might be Legendary treasures on format.

Like the name and excited to see what TPCi has up their sleeves with these decks.
Hopefully the TCG will be synced up because of this.

XY theme decks sound like the best compromise TPCi could make right now to get some XY product on the shelves in time for the games. Now hoping that Legendary Treasures is really big and brings as many untranslated BW cards as possible even though, yes, all of them have horrible playability.

Here's the logo, just in case anyone was wondering. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cIQRHf-BFk

I love how everyone first hated this set. Then on the mention of XY theme decks (Obviously the starters!) and possibility of them in the set, everyone got hyped.

Teeboy23 said:
Here's the logo, just in case anyone was wondering. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cIQRHf-BFk

That video said unavailable so here's this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CIQRHf-BFk

Salamencetrainer34 said:
I love how everyone first hated this set. Then on the mention of XY theme decks (Obviously the starters!) and possibility of them in the set, everyone got hyped.

Yeah, but it's no secret why. lol

I wonder how the theme deck packaging would look like? Would it still have the Black and White Legendary Treasures logo on it? Will it be a mixture of Black and White and the few XY cards?

For the longest time, Theme decks always had pokemon only from the set they represent. Will this be the first time that there would be theme deck exclusive cards, or will Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie be part of the Black and White set?

signofzeta said:
I wonder how the theme deck packaging would look like? Would it still have the Black and White Legendary Treasures logo on it? Will it be a mixture of Black and White and the few XY cards?

For the longest time, Theme decks always had pokemon only from the set they represent. Will this be the first time that there would be theme deck exclusive cards, or will Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie be part of the Black and White set?

!! What if Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie are secret rares in the set? And the theme decks are promo reprints?

I think some people just hate this set because they wanted a set that has little chance of being released, because you know, you can't borrow someone's car when they haven't bought it yet.

It isn't TPCi's fault that Japan takes their sweet time in releasing the first XY set, and that the international market is impatient and has to have their first XY set so close to XY release. This is what TPCi gets for, uh, "borrowing" cards from Japan to release to the international market. So long as you don't create the game yourself, you have no control as to when cards are released.

I'm glad TPCi is thinking outside the box for this one. The theme decks are XY, while the rest of the set is BW. I guess the theme decks are only XY, because of the cover cards, and the rest would probably be BW, or perhaps a few cards are XY and the rest is BW, I don't know. I'm just glad they didn't force the first XY set out, because you can't release something that isn't finished, or doesn't exist.

Finished product > meeting deadlines

Back