(1) November's English Set: 'Legendary Treasures' [8/19]

You know, just because this has EBB cards, doesn't mean all of them. They have a lot of promos left too. They probably will have reprints, but hopefully not gothitelle.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
You know, just because this has EBB cards, doesn't mean all of them. They have a lot of promos left too. They probably will have reprints, but hopefully not gothitelle.

OMG yes,I was looking through the sets and saw gothitelle and I was about to scream, NO MORE GOTHITELLE!

I wonder how the Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie theme deck packaging is going to look like.

Will it continue with the theme deck packaging that we have always used since Black and White?

Will it feature new packaging? If so, will it be a one time deal, because these decks aren't really associated with the set, and therefore not technically "theme decks", or will our first XY set theme decks, that is, the theme decks associated with our February set feature the same packaging that will be shown for the Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie decks?

Will these Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie decks contain the almost the same contents as theme decks, such as a 60 card deck with one holo, damage counters, playmat, rules sheet, and coin, or will it contain something totally different, because it is a precon deck that is not set associated?

Whatever it is, I hope TPCi markets these first XY decks as associated with BW Legendary Treasures, but not labeled as such, so for example, the decks won't say they are BW Legendary Treasures decks, but they will be shown on the BW legendary treasures webpage on the Pokemon site.

Elesa seems like it would be quite nice in there, maybe Garbodor variants too (if we do get it I'm definitely gonna test it in my Darkrai/Garbodor). I really hope we get Shiny Collection in this set, I love those cards.

ryter78 said:
This set may allow some staples to carry through to when it might be Legendary treasures on format.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
It seems like Call of Legends all over again to me... :/

This. Everyone expected CoL-on, and then we discovered it actually was just the most useless set. Even LostGar didn't pan out.

We'll probably have XY-on once NXD-on is over.

The Pikachu Mafia said:

Except this set actually has good cards. Unlike CoL. Otherwise, yeah, just a CoL repeat.

Blui said:
The Pikachu Mafia said:

Except this set actually has good cards. Unlike CoL. Otherwise, yeah, just a CoL repeat.
So it's Call of Legends, but nothing like Call of Legends? Seems legit.

don()shinobi said:
Blui said:
So it's Call of Legends, but nothing like Call of Legends? Seems legit.

Note how I said otherwise. That's the important word there

*le pointless post*

Pikachu6319 said:
Two words for this set.

Meloetta. Ex.

I want.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but meloetta ex isn't gonna be in legendary treasures. Meloetta-EX was in the Japanese Shiny Collection and Legendary Treasures, if you don't know yet, is the English version of EX Battle Boost. Also, if you like Excadrill or Chandelure, I think Legendary Treasures is going to have Excadrill-EX and Chandelure-EX.

ClearSparkz said:
Pikachu6319 said:
Two words for this set.

Meloetta. Ex.

I want.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but meloetta ex isn't gonna be in legendary treasures. Meloetta-EX was in the Japanese Shiny Collection and Legendary Treasures, if you don't know yet, is the English version of EX Battle Boost. Also, if you like Excadrill or Chandelure, I think Legendary Treasures is going to have Excadrill-EX and Chandelure-EX.
Where did you learn that? Usually English sets are made up of random cards we haven't gotten from Japan yet, not just 1 set.

There is absolutely no indication yet that cards from Shiny Collection won't be in Legendary Treasures, either. They could easily shove the Shiny Collection cards in there just like they stuck the National Beginning Set cards in with Freeze Shock and Cold Flare to create Boundaries Crossed. Our sets have never been completely analogous with Japan's for the entire BW series.

Back